A question on CGE grow rooms

RandyL

I have read several articles on CGE rooms, and have seen some photos of how some were laid out. And it seems like a good way to do it if you have the time and money.

But there's something I don't understand. If the air in the grow room is never exchanged, doesn't it get old and stale and less effective? Even if the air is circulated to a seperate mixing room to have the CO2 replenished or whatever, wouldn't it be better to bring in a whole new batch of air now and then, like through carbon or hepa filters or something?

I could be wrong, I'm far from an expert. It just doen't seem right to me that the same volume of air is used nonstop for a whole grow cycle. But then again, that's kind of the point of a CGE room.

this is why they supplement c02. most cge rooms have a 1200-1500ppm co2 rating. the air you breath in contains 300ppm of c02. this is what makes them better then any other grow because you set the room to what the plants like.

sealed is sealed! nothing in and nothing out (hopefully). you are trying to create an ideal environment for your plants. In my neck of the woods that can be difficult relying on outside air as the temps and RH vary. it can be 75 here in the day and 20 at night this time of year. running sealed allows me to control everything, contain odor and ramp the co2 levels up to 3-4x atmospheric levels for faster growth.

plants breath in the co2 and expell oxygen. so it would be like exchanging air in an medical oxygen tent. it would be counterproductive.

I run sealed rooms myself.
The only reason air needs to be exchanged in a grow room is only a few reasons.
To keep the room temps under control, Humidity, and to replenish CO2.
If you have an AC that can handle the temps, and a dehumidifier for humidity control, all you need is a CO2 set up.
I have ran complete grows from Veg to finish without any air exchange.

Personally, I only elevate CO2 parts during Veg and to around week 4 of 12/12. After that, I lower the CO2 ppm to around atmospheric, which is around 400 ppm.

When running CO2, you need alot of factors in place to make it wwork correctly, or you are just wasting gas and possibly harming your plants.

When I run elevated parts, I run the room temp at 85 and set the CO2 to around 1500ppm. Along with that is more lumans and higher ppm nuits. All these have to be in place to optimise the elevated gas.

Back
Top Bottom