A question on regular seeds on transplanting after 12/12

pipeman69

Hello everyone. I am pretty much a new member here and just finished a move to another state and I am getting ready to get busy again but I have a good question for you all.
I have a ton of some really good killer beans but being the past 3 years I have grown nothing but feminized beans to not waist time and money. Recenly I recieved some real good regular beans from an old friend that he himself made but like I said they are all regs. I want to start popping a few but the thought of me waisting time and money on power,nutes and time drives me nuts. My last regular grow I started with 10 9 sprouted 8 ended up being male and that was when I made the switch to femme beans.
My question is if I flip the switch and within 10 days or so the plant should show sex, can a transplant at this time into a bigger pot be a bad idea or the other option would be 2 weeks before flipping take some clones of the plant then flower the mother but either way there will be waisted time and money. Or should I just stop my whinning and just treat it during veg like a feminized plant, do my transplant and it is what it is? Either way I will be starting feminized beans also so it won't be a total waist but just want to know what you guy's at 420 would do.
This is going to be my first full diary with you guy's and really looking forward to it. I am probably going to be up and rolling 2 weeks from today. Sorry for the long story but I just am excited. Thanks

First off nice to see you here and posting on 420mag. What I do with all my reg seeds is number each plant then I cut a clone as soon as I can and put that number on it and throw the cloner if flower for them to show sex. Most will show even with no roots. I would not do what you said about having them in flower for up to two weeks to show sex and transplant. By then they are doing final stretch and you will throw them in shock and shrink your yield . I wish you the best and keep growing greens

I did not know that a clone can show sex with out no root and I thank you for your response. I did not think transplanting that late in the game would be a good idea but after my last regular grow I am trying to think of a better way. Ok brother when I start my diary in 2 weeks we are going to try this method. Thanks

Just make sure you put clone cubes in some bloom nutes and you will be all good. When you get your journal started send me a link in one of my journals and I will check out what you got going.

well i use gh floranova bloom with liquid koolbloom as a booster later on mid flower. Should I soak my root riot cubes in a bloom solution using this bloom? And as in matter of fact I am probably gonna start it next week cause I am so excited for my new grow in my new home. When I usually soak my cubes I just soak them in ph balanced water along with gh rapid start. Some people even told me to try super thrive also but never did. If there is a bloom solution you would recommend please by all means let this brother know.

Floranova bloom is good. Just mix about 5mil to gallon and soak cubes along with a ph balanced water. You can do add some rapid start as well just have to use small amounts. Sweet man get that grow started.

Floranova bloom is good. Just mix about 5mil to gallon and soak cubes along with a ph balanced water. You can do add some rapid start as well just have to use small amounts. Sweet man get that grow started.
ok see you in a week. For my femmies I will be doing some Ice, Ak48 and some really good jock horror i grew last grow from nirvana. I have not decided on my regs yet. I have some killing fields, kandy kush and a real nice jackberry cross but unfortunatly I can't do all but some.
See you in a week with my set up and thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom