A question to all those that grow with LED

I believe it already has replaced HP's hid I.wouldn't use anything besides led
Mountainman80, I was going to say the same thing.

LED lighting has already replaced the previous consumer lighting systems whether house or work environments. LED lights are even being found in our cars and other personal vehicles. Even 'over the road' trucks that move consumer goods are now switching over to LED lights for headlights, brake and side marker lights.

As far as the average consumer market, walk into a hardware store and most of what are on the shelves are LED. Almost impossible to find any incandescent 60 watt or higher bulbs. Any incandescent bulbs that can be found now are the smaller 25 watt bulbs for specialized fixtures. Need shop lights for the basement, garage or the work shop and many of them are now made without any way to replace the LED bulb. Even some of the LED grow lights in hardware stores are now fixtures using LEDs that cannot be replaced easily. Essentially the new general purpose lighting systems are disposable and use them till the stop and buy a new one.

The indoor gardening/faming is right behind. A larger grow shop that I go to is now 60% to maybe 75% LED lighting systems and the displays for the HPS and other once popular lighting methods seem to get smaller every time. Even the reflectors and cooling units for those lights are taking up less and less shelf space. It does not matter if it is soil growing or hydroponic, the recommended lights are going to be LED. About the only difference between the larger scale gardeners and the general consumer is that we use our lights so much that we still want to be able to replace LED pods, etc.

It’s been said but yes. LEDs are too cost effective to not replace traditional lighting. They’re also too powerful, too efficient, and too low cost for them not to replace traditional lighting. Their maintenance is low, their life is long, it’s the perfect recipe to replace an old standard.

All of my lights are now LED.

We also have some great LED sponsors here on the site. Most of our sponsors are pretty active on the forum. When it comes down to having a problem or an issue, it can normally be resolved with just communications.

Also, many of our LED sponsors want members input for possible changes to current LED's or possibly incorporate ideas in future light.

Hope this helps.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Maybe some sponsors will take a look at my work. Always interested in testing new gear. Been quite a while since I have had any new toys. (Fixed budget and all SSDI) (and the obvious state of the economy and all ). But that’s cool to see things like that in here.
Have been checking the site, lots of cool stuff on here.

Maybe some sponsors will take a look at my work. Always interested in testing new gear. Been quite a while since I have had any new toys. (Fixed budget and all SSDI) (and the obvious state of the economy and all ). But that’s cool to see things like that in here.
Have been checking the site, lots of cool stuff on here.
@MedicGrow has a sale on now and imho you won’t find a better light at a better price. CL🍀

I just got a Smart 8 unbelievable light Led's seem to be getting better and better in a short time .they are more about the light spectrums and i wont touch that, I have enough issue with the timer.
any body else remember the old haloid lights. they would literally bust people for growing because of the jump in the electric bills ,ah those were the days

What are your views on the LED grow lighting industry? Will it replace traditional lighting in near future? :bongrip:
It pretty much already has in most grows I've seen. There are still HPS grows but I would estimate less than half are now.

I just got a Smart 8 unbelievable light Led's seem to be getting better and better in a short time .they are more about the light spectrums and i wont touch that, I have enough issue with the timer.
any body else remember the old haloid lights. they would literally bust people for growing because of the jump in the electric bills ,ah those were the days
I remember those days and they had helicopters that looked for the heat they gave. Big Brother at his worst. CL🍀

Still trying to figure everything out. So much to see here.

Yeah I saw that post just now. I’m not on the Christmas side of holidays. More on the Jewish side. No real decorations or that type of stuff. It’s cool though appreciate the info.
Happy Hanakuh Bro. CL🍀

I bought my first LED in 2011, used it for maybe 8 grows, did not like the burple. I switched to 2 315V CMH mainly to hang for vertical bare bulb Vertical grows. Kept those lamps for approximately 7 years before switching to HLG Scorpion Diablo LED late last year. Due to health issues I have had no successful grows since I got the lamp. The problem was not with the lamp but with my inability to manage my grows due to my health and the fact that I switched from coco perlite growing to Ebb and Flow buckets and not really understanding what it took (time and the learning curve involved), to grow cannabis using this type of system.
I am healthy again, at least as healthy as I am going to get, all surgeries are over (4 of them this year alone). I just started a new grow earlier this month in my 5 X 5, using the Ebb and Flow system and the LED and all things are going well. I do not plan on going back to HID anytime soon.

the bulk of commercial lighting, including commercial growing, has moved to led now. how they go is how the market will move.

there is still some support for hid, but it turned a corner over the last 2 -3 yrs and dramatically decreased.

How about environmentally. How does the production and use of LED compare to other older lighting systems. Has a study been done on that?
My thinking would be LED would tend to be a little worse off for environmental concerns. Mainly due to all the different components and the manufacturing involved. Then what happens when they hit landfills and such.

Hope that makes sense. Have been sick for six days now. Not doing the best currently.

How about environmentally. How does the production and use of LED compare to other older lighting systems. Has a study been done on that?
My thinking would be LED would tend to be a little worse off for environmental concerns. Mainly due to all the different components and the manufacturing involved. Then what happens when they hit landfills and such.

Hope that makes sense. Have been sick for six days now. Not doing the best currently.
Hoping for a speedy recovery my Brother. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom