A question to the PTSD crowd

I agree . I feel that the cannabis community as a whole although maybe not intentional or intentionally through decades of cross breeding and breeding back have knowingly or unknowingly been breeding out the cbd balance the original strains had . That is one reason I feel landrace are sacred and we need to keep them around . I mean lets face it before we knew about cbd and its potentials it was all about how much thc the end product had as we felt that its where all the goodies where at .

I grow all of my own meds and have tried at different harvest windows. I have also grown a few Sativas that never turned amber so that trick doesn’t always work. Normally with ptsd comes anxiety so most people are going to need some type of Indica in there to help with calming. That of course is just my opinion after living with ptsd, anxiety and depression.

You hit the nail on the head !

I agree. The cannabis I smoked back in the early 70's didn't give me the same side affects that later cannabis does. That was why I stopped smoking. I love the smell and taste of cannabis. I also consider that with age comes changes. So what was good today may not tomorrow. Knowing yourself and wanting to do what's right for you. Just like with meds. Trial and error.

Mr. N said he smoked less yesterday after taking the CBD in the morning. I'm not saying conspiracy or anything but maybe increasing the THC and lower the CBD boosted sales.
That's good to here .

Now in the THC and boosting sales , you're absolutely right I mean that has been the name of the game ever since it was identified as the main ingredient that produced the high for us . We know what CBD was good for or that we had receptors for both until the 90's and we are just starting to figure out that terpenes also play a role . See the thing is that we had no idea that all these compounds worked together so focus was put on the one that we thought was import ...could you imagine what cannabis would smell like today if we thought the terpenes is what we got high off of ? You would proabably be able to smell a gram from a block down the road . LOL

You have no idea how inspiring that is to me to try and find a combo of CBD and THC that works for both him and me. Just this past week has me energized that we can do so much better with using cannabis.
Thank you.

Production was another thing that killed great weed. Cash crop strains took the forefront of marijuana genetics for a while. Smell hurt a few things too. Roadkill Skunk is gone because you couldn't grow it stealthy.

CBD is good. It can't all be surrounded by CBD alone. Terpene profiles are changing a lot also. That could be a major factor in lots of genetics. Terpenes could be what takes a sativa from racy to relaxing. Not THC percent. While THC percents are getting highernow. It is not increasing as fast as the terpene profiles of strains are. Now with charcoal filters and lots of legal states. Strains don't need to be stealthy anymore. Now smells and flavors are taking things to new levels

Don't discount terpene profiles when picking medical strains.

You have no idea how inspiring that is to me to try and find a combo of CBD and THC that works for both him and me. Just this past week has me energized that we can do so much better with using cannabis.
Thank you.

That's awesome ! That right there is what being part of a community is all about ! Keep at it I am certain you will find the perfect combination ! Just make sure you keep a log Now I must ask how are you tracking the ratio now is it by breeder /advertised numbers or tested material ?

Production was another thing that killed great weed. Cash crop strains took the forefront of marijuana genetics for a while. Smell hurt a few things too. Roadkill Skunk is gone because you couldn't grow it stealthy.

CBD is good. It can't all be surrounded by CBD alone. Terpene profiles are changing a lot also. That could be a major factor in lots of genetics. Terpenes could be what takes a sativa from racy to relaxing. Not THC percent. While THC percents are getting highernow. It is not increasing as fast as the terpene profiles of strains are. Now with charcoal filters and lots of legal states. Strains don't need to be stealthy anymore. Now smells and flavors are taking things to new levels

Don't discount terpene profiles when picking medical strains.
I Agree and yes Cbd is good but we are chasing after it now like we did Thc decades ago and its just ONE MORE compound of this amazing plant that we are starting to understand next it will be the power of Cbn . I wish focus was put on maximizing every compound Terpenes included as feel true healing is through the synergistic effect of all the compounds working in harmony . There was a study that stated its some of the terpenes in cannabis that aid it in passing through the blood brain barrier more easily .

It sickens me to think about what we would know about this plant and how we would be using it today if this world wasn't motivated by greed and power/control. We are all part of a machine that has to suppress the greater majority for it to function and survive .

This is what is different on a forum like this. There is no feelings of odd competition or that people are trying to lead the lambs to slaughter. There is genuine caring and happiness for others. Honesty knowing that truth brings a better future.

Now I have to do some reading on terpenes and Cbn.

A Massachusetts state college is offer cannabis school. I think there are people here that should teach

I have ptsd and have noticed some heady strains work and some don’t. The more extreme Sativas give me such bad anxiety I get in my own head and everything goes wrong. The old man tried to warn me, but like an idiot I had to learn that lesson the hard way lol. I like a nice heady buzz but it’s hit and miss on what will help or hurt. For me it seems Sativa dom with a touch of Indica checks all the right boxes.
So I guess really it’s up to the individual and the severity of the ptsd. Hope this helps you somewhat.
Yep that's me too :high-five: I have a Liberty Haze for my day time use...Sativa Dom THC 25+% CBD 1.8% ...and My White Widow does the trick for me at night...but I gota say I recently recieved a clone :yummy: It's a Ghost OG and OMFG it knocks me out :thumb: no tossing and turning for 15 - 20 min...oh no zonk good night and the best thing :yahoo:no fucking dreams

I have to agree with No Pain. Yep they are chasing the CBD thing way to far. Now almost every strain has a CBD counter part. They are missing the big picture. People need strains that work. Not so many they will never find one that works.

One major problem with CBD. Every time you breed for it you lower THC levels. Any breeder can breed low THC weed. Why is there not 20 great ones instead of 1000 questionable ones. They can't even quote great numbers because they don't know. End product of CBD/THC could be 1 to 1, 2 to 1 or almost anything in between. For CBD to work well it needs to be in high enough concentrates to be able to work. The CBD you get from smoking a joint isn't really that much.

There are also strains out there with good natural percents of CBD. It wasn't bred out of everything. Peacemaker/Great White Shark is one of these. Same hybrid with different peoples take on the same thing. Basically it is Skunk #1 x White Widow. While it is a great natural blend of CBD and THC. I wouldn't call it a CBD strain.

I also think smoking weed for your CBD is going to be hard. It will help make some strains mellow enough to smoke all day. That just means there is not much THC. Those strains made into some kind of a oil concentrate can have great CBD effects.

Mostly it is best to find a strain for each effect you want. Let CBD do the CBD work and THC strains to get you baked into what every you want to be.

I feel that the best way to achieve 100% of the medicinal benefits from Cbd and Thc is through ingestion (pure oil extract) . The problem with the whole Cbd market is there is lack of regulation and due to that lack of consistency in products offered to the public , where you take two bottle or Cbd items one from one company and one from another labeled to have the same Cbd milligram's and you get two different effects. My father who is in his 70's has conditions that cannabis does help, he never tried it until a little a little over a year ago and even though it helped him he would toggle back and forth from using and not for multiple reasons . About 3 weeks ago due to what seemed to be a sign of his condition worsening we sat down and talked. I told him I do not understand you know this works for you but yet you make a choice not to use it and I do not understand it and am not going to force this on you as you are a grown man and can make your own decision's . Then he stated well "Boy" ( that's what he has always called me') I don't want to be high all the time "Wavy" as he calls it. So I said if I grew and made oil from a product that would minimize that effect if not remove it entirely would he take it ? He said yes , so now I am prepping to push other strains back that I was growing that I felt he could benefit from and im going to grow Charlottes Angel for him and make an oil extract for him . Now my second objective is to make an extraction from both Charlottes angel and other Thc strains that I have jars of kief/resin glands from for this process ( I make oil from pure co'2 /dry ice extracted glands) in hopes that he will be happy with the end product as I feel that Cbd has strong medical benefits , however if feel that Thc trumps it and together as science has shown us they are a power house .

Now that latter part of the short story I just wrote relates to this Conversation in regards to Ptsd . I don't know how many if any truly use oil as most conversations are about smoking. But in using oil that is a mixture of both species pure Cbd and Thc not just from one with stated ratio's . You may find a better and hopefully a close to permanent fix for your situation .

Found this on page 151 of "landrace 101" here in our forums posted by @conradino23 . Its 3 hrs long Im almost done with the second hour ..within the first hour he gets into things we are talking about here and drifts off for about 30 then touches base again on things we are talking about here . None the less a good listen so far .

Episode 28 ft DJ Short of Old World Genetics - The Pot Cast (podcast)

No PTSD but I do suffer from really bad anxiety at times. Only strain I've done that stops it dead is Ripley's og by Mephisto. Even at tiny doses it's incredible for it. Quick wee single skinner and I can go about my day for 6-8 hours and it works at low enough doses to smoke at my particularly dangerous job.

I think I should clarify something. I kind of said smoking CBD was useless. I didn't mean it that way. A good 1 to 1 CBD/THC strain in the 10 to 12 percent range could be very pleasantbto smoke. It is just so hit and miss finding that one pheno.

I think if CBD works for you. Then you need to have it in workable form. A considerate is the best way to control this. This way you can use the CBD to solve the CBD stuff then if you want a little buzz with it you can takes a few hits of THC weed.

Another thing we need to find out. Can we find more mostly CBD strains like Charlottes Web and AC/DC in the genetics out there. Or is it best to just grow hemp for CBD. Maybe the CBD produced by strains that have been bred down for CBD is the best. Or is it best to find it in Hemp plants that never produce much THC. As with lots of stuff with Marijuana the effects of 1 compound can be different one strain to another..

Heady highs and PTSD. One of the main uses of my weed is to keep my mind off the nerve pain. Heady highs do this really well for me. They keep my mind busy on random stupid shit LOL.

I was wondering if this same effect is a good thing or a bad thing for people with PTSD? I am used to random thoughts bouncing around in my head. I just don't know if this is a good thing for people that have issues with what is bouncing around in their head.

I damn sure don't want to be suggesting the wrong strains.
Not sure if this helps any but I have PTSD and also an anxiety disorder along with depression.
While I use weed to help with pain I have found that weed helps not only my back pain but also helps with my PTSD and depression. And my anxiety disorder does not bother me near as much.
But my mind does go from one thing to another fairly fast. It is like my brain is multi tasking or trying to. It makes my life fun because i never know from one minute to the next what to expect.

Not sure if this helps any but I have PTSD and also an anxiety disorder along with depression.
While I use weed to help with pain I have found that weed helps not only my back pain but also helps with my PTSD and depression. And my anxiety disorder does not bother me near as much.
But my mind does go from one thing to another fairly fast. It is like my brain is multi tasking or trying to. It makes my life fun because i never know from one minute to the next what to expect.
thanks for sharing . If you know , what strains do you lean to for medication ?

thanks for sharing . If you know , what strains do you lean to for medication ?
Most of the strains I lean to are indica or a hybrid leaning heavy to the indica side.
This is what works for me for both the PTSD, anxiety, depression and also for the severe back pain i have from having steel screws in my lumbar vertebrae.

Gorilla Glue #4 is great for a very peaceful and happy feeling all the way around. The next one i am going to try is a Blueberry Headband. But most of the strains i use have a very high thc percentage

Thanks for bringing this up. I hadn't realized that I get the bounce around thoughts while I am alone and the do make it fun. Saturday was the 1st day I was out since trying the oil. In the social situations I did not have the bouncing thoughts and had no social anxiety. If my thoughts were bouncing I would have felt anxious. That's wicked cool that it helped me like that.

Back
Top Bottom