A Small Tribute to a Big Irish Doode

What strains are they? 2 Purple Maroc - fem (Female Seeds), 2 Purple #1 - fem (Dutch Passion), 1 Blue Dream (HSO), and 2 GDP S1 - fem (Grand Daddy Purple Genetics; I selfed a nice pheno using information from the thread which BID did on how to make and use colloidal silver solution).

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Variations.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seeds germed on 8-27-2014, 2 weeks and 2 days from seed today.

If in Veg... For how long? N/A.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soilless.

If soil... what is in your mix? SSM#4.

If soil... What size pot? 4" and 6" for now; probably 2 gallon pots or grow bags later.

Size of lights?
-Seedling: 125 watt blue spectrum mogul-based CFL.
-Flowering: 400 watt Eye-Hortilux HPS with 250/400 Phantom digital ballast.

Is it aircooled? 8" inline fan with air cooled reflector.

Temp of Room/cab? around 81 degrees F.

RH of Room/cab? 46%.

PH of media or res? Don't check.

Any Pests ? Gnats.

How often are you watering? I expect to water and feed alternately 2 times a week (RO water and General Organics CaMg+).

Type and strength of ferts used? Either compost tea (recipe later) or General Organics; I haven't decided yet.

The top 2 plants are the Purple #1s, the next one down is the Blue Dream (which might get separated from the rest of this grow depending on size differences), the 2 on the bottom left are the GDP S1s, and the 2 on the bottom right are the Purple Marocs.

0011964.JPG

I hope to do well here for obvious reasons (insert headbang smiley here)

1897394_1407372627_6023_Painting.jpg

:420:

Welcome, KJC :) I'm giving serious thought to using compost tea here. For 24 hours I'll bubble 4 gallons of RO water, 2 cups of worm castings, 2 cups of Alaskan Forest Humus (veg and second half of flower, or 2 cups of vermicompost in early flower), 1 cup 3-3-3 chicken manure, 1 Tbsp. Sierra Foothills mix, 1 Tbsp of Alfalfa Meal (veg only), 4 tsp. of 0-7-0 Superswell (flower only), and 4 tsp. of unsulfered molasses.

I'm going to start getting that mix together. I put all the plants under a 200 watt blue spectrum CFL today; at 3 weeks, growth continues but size seems to slow under a 125 watt CFL, and I don't want these to miss a stroke. I may get another 250 watt MH/HPS and run them under it at 18/6 next week also. I'm not sure how long I'm going to veg yet.
These are at 2 weeks and 5 days I think they can handle the food a day early if I bubble some tonight (front left and right - Purple #1, middle left and right - GDP S1, back left and right - Purple Maroc, and center - Blue Dream):

0021951.JPG

It's looking more like I'm going to have to separate the Purple #1s from the grow instead of the Blue Dream. They look more like Sativas to me. I'll see as it goes along. :) Post more pics soon.

Welcome, KJC :) I'm giving serious thought to using compost tea here. For 24 hours I'll bubble 4 gallons of RO water, 2 cups of worm castings, 2 cups of Alaskan Forest Humus (veg and second half of flower, or 2 cups of vermicompost in early flower), 1 cup 3-3-3 chicken manure, 1 Tbsp. Sierra Foothills mix, 1 Tbsp of Alfalfa Meal (veg only), 4 tsp. of 0-7-0 Superswell (flower only), and 4 tsp. of unsulfered molasses.

What in here contains the Mycos you need?, if nothing else does may want to add a teaspoon of Great White.

What in here contains the Mycos you need?, if nothing else does may want to add a teaspoon of Great White.

Oops forgot to mention what was going in the SSM#4; thanks for the reminder. I'm going to use granular mycos, powdered humic acid, and granular azomite in the pots, ProfMephesto. It doesn't sound like a bad idea to add GWS to the bubbler bucket for the first few feedings, though. It would give the granular mycos the few weeks it needs to activate.

These are going into 2 gallon plastic pots soon (if I don't have enough pots, I'll use 2 gallon grow bags). I picked up fish hydrolysate today and some mushroom compost. This is what I think I'll be doing for veg (2 gallons at a time instead of 4):

1/2 cup vermicompost
1/2 cup worm compost
1/2 cup mushroom compost
1/2 cup Alaskan forest humus
1 Tbsp. fish hydrolysate
1/2 Tbsp. alfalfa meal
1/2 Tbsp. Sierra Foothills mix
2 tsp. unsulfured molasses

Here they are at 3 weeks and 2 days (the smart pot on the lower row second from the left is a cross I did; it's not a part of this grow):

0031876.JPG

Top right and the top one next to it - GDP S1s
Left top and bottom - Purple #1s
Second from top left and second from bottom right - Purple Marocs
Bottom right - Blue Dream
I didn't get a chance to get the nutes bubbling, but I did the transplants into various 2 gallon containers, using in each one:

2 Tbsp. azomite
1 tsp. humic acid
4 tsp. granular mycos

and watered in with RO water, 1 tsp. CaMg+, and 1/2 tsp. GWS per gallon. Post more pics after transplant wilt is over :)

I am not impressed with that particular mix; some of these plants don't even like it. Here they are at 4 weeks:

0041760.JPG

I think I'll have to LST this one (Purple #1):

0061462.JPG

As I mentioned on another thread, I'm changing this compost tea recipe to

2 gallons RO water
1-1/2 Tbsp. unsulfered molasses
1 cup vermicompost
1 cup worm compost
1 cup processed chicken manure

It worked good on my garden :) If it doesn't work well here, I'm getting a GO box.

Okay two corrections :) The NPK ratio for the processed chicken manure I'm using is 5-3-2, not 3-3-3. 3-3-3 was the veg formula for the Biolink Grow I was going to use; I mixed the two up. Also I use 1/2 cup instead of 1 cup; 1 cup is used for 4 gallons of compost/manure tea, and I'm only making 2 gallons. I've got it bubbling now and I'll apply it tomorrow.

I just started a couple HSO Blue Dreams this week. His TOPLed journals were the first things I read about on here and I have been wanting to grow the BD ever since reading about how much he loved it. :circle-of-love:

Subbed!

Dang the breeder recommends either to go greenhouse or outdoors for Purple #1; that's not good :straightface: It does settle the matter of what's going where, though. Both of them will be pulled from this unit and flowered out under a 600 watt HPS and the rest of the 5 plants in this grow will stay in this unit under a 400 watt HPS. I'll pic them soon.

Notes: I fed all seven plants the compost/manure tea today after bubbling it for 24 hours. I think I may cut the unsulfured molasses down to 1 tsp./gallon of RO water; it was good and foamy, but just a little too much and you could smell the molasses too. I need to make me something I can strain through better than a colander; too much debris in it, and I want to foliar feed these.
One of the Purple Marocs is getting tall but I'm not going to top it. The flowering period is so short I don't want to risk stunting the yield; it's the one that's starting to flower already. The other one's kinda small still and doesn't look like it's autoflowering on me. Yet.
The top of the taller Purple #1 is getting turned into a clone as soon as I get a chance. Probably the other Purple #1 top will be too.
The GDP S1s are lagging a bit behind the rest in size, but I had to chop the seed mother early (due to grey mold), and the seeds were a bit on the underdeveloped side. Most of them looked viable, though.
The Blue Dream looks good. I think I'm going to just wait and see how it grows before I decide what to do as far as size control goes. I don't think it'll get any bigger than the GDPs, but it might drown out the Purple Marocs if I don't top or LST it.
Post pics tomorrow.

I heard about your grow on BID's last journal. I hope you don't mind if I tag along. I just purchased the HSO Blue Dream today in preparation for the group memorial grow next year. I've yet to start a grow, but I'm hoping to start an auto grow soon (either Sweet Tooth or Pineapple Express or both!) to get my feet wet.

I heard about your grow on BID's last journal. I hope you don't mind if I tag along. I just purchased the HSO Blue Dream today in preparation for the group memorial grow next year. I've yet to start a grow, but I'm hoping to start an auto grow soon (either Sweet Tooth or Pineapple Express or both!) to get my feet wet.

I don't mind at all welcome :) I've got seeds from Pineapple Express still from a few years ago. I don't know how the auto strain is, but the normal strain was beginner friendly to me. The weed had a good taste and buzz, too.

Welcome SmokeyMcFly I hope this BD is a decent strain too. I did Sour Diesel #2 from the same company and didn't like it; I hope this plant improves my opinion some :)

Hopefully it will, I have read nothing but great things about their blue dream!

Back
Top Bottom