A Tale Of Two Autos: White Widow & Psycho

GreenThunder

32 days ago I sprouted 2 autos, a White Widow and one called Psycho that I got from my son's friend. I am using Nectar for the Gods nutes and will move these gals from the seedling/veg closet into a closet in the room where the tent is located. I am hoping/planning to add LED lighting, hopefully a diy qb, but still working on funds to get that started.

The seedlings showed some kind of fuzzy growth on the stems just as they sprouted; it kinda freaked me out a bit, but turned out to be "root hair" which is normal and desirable ;)

Psycho (aka Liz) was stunted by a couple events: one of her first true leaves didn't open so I gave it a (gentle) helping hand... she did NOT like that :eek: and the light fell in the night, knocking her out of her baby pot. o_O I think I have had this happen with every grow... finally figured out how to better secure the T5 :rolleyes: WW (aka Kate) grows like a weed :D so much so that I decided to fimm her (even though I think this isn't normally done to autos)

Today I bumped the nutes up to the mid veg level... I have no idea if this is the right timeline but I thought they looked like they could handle it. I'm LOVING the NFTG nutes (I received the free sample pack) The pH settles right at the recommended level every time; I don't understand this because there is increasing amounts added to each level (seedling, early veg, mid veg) and yet it's perfectly within the range EVERY time!

Well, I don't know if it's my laptop or the site, but I cannot post pictures so I will do it from my phone... later. :confused: (also, this is my 2nd attempt to post this)

I assembled and installed the quantum board and oh my it is BRIGHT!! Now my goal is to get another and replace the 1000w HPS in the tent. This spring/summer I'm running the tents lights on at night to help combat the heat. Since the auto closet is in the same room as the tent, I'm going to run it on the same light cycle. I don't want to mess with light leaks for the photos in the tent.

I don't think Psycho is an auto....

Day 73

The seed was gifted to me about 6 months ago and I thought he said auto. I thought he only grew autos but now I’m thinking a visit is in order.

So now I have a bit of a dilemma… hubby doesn’t want to switch the auto closet to 12/12 which I kinda agree with. But then we’d have to put Psycho in the tent. BUT I was planning to scrog the tent with the 4 that are already in there.
Sooooooo… I need to decide whether to veto hubby’s desire to not flip the closet OR just scrog 2 in the tent and squeeze 3 in the remaining space. Also, the girls in the tent aren't ready to flip for a couple more weeks.

So flip her in the tent even if it'll be a couple more weeks? Or just go ahead and flip the tent now so the ilgm4 don't overcrowd?

Two of mine have leaves that look like that. Any idea what's causing those deep ridges?

I really don't know. She had a rough start and has been fed as a flowering auto.... could over feeding cause that? Also she was in the tent with 600 HPS for a couple weeks and didn't seem to like it. The temp in the closet is mid-high 70s and the humidity ranges 47-57. AND I switched the lights on to night hours (8pm-noon) but had some confusion during the transition. I'm not really sure how much dark/light they got that last week under the t5.

It's all part of the learning curve! I'm happy I finally stopped dropping a light once a grow (so far :oops:). I would flip it in a couple of weeks with the rest but trim it to fit.

Anyway, the last plant you "mistreated" flowered very nicely!

Maybe I'll cut way back on the TDS for one of the two and see what happens with the leaves. Nothing else seems to be working.

Back
Top Bottom