A Touching Marijuana Story

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
John Consoli wants to get rid of drugs in the workplace, one telephone handset at a time. Consoli, 67, is the president of On Site, a Spring Hill company marketing DrugWipe, a handheld narcotic detector. Just swipe the DrugWipe against a keyboard or any other surface, Consoli said, and the toothbrush-size detector can tell whether anyone who has touched the surface in the past 72 hours had drugs in his or her system. "It is 100 percent accurate," Consoli said. "It is the only product that I know of that is defensible in court."

The technology comes from Europe, where law enforcement tested suspected "drugged drivers." DrugWipe also has been used in the United States by the FBI, DEA and Customs Service, Consoli said.

Now, he wants to bring it to the private sector. DrugWipe could be used by businesses that suspect their employees are using or trafficking drugs.

The device tests for cannabis, *edit hard drugs. Because the drugs travel from the user's glands and are deposited on the surface, there's almost no way to fool the test.

"It's in your system. If you've done drugs, it's in your glands," Consoli said. "How do you adulterate your sweat?"

Pinning down a corporation that used DrugWipe was difficult. Since Consoli is just starting out, he hasn't actually had any clients. The corporations that he said have used it in the past didn't want to talk to the press because of privacy issues, he said.

A DrugWipe kit costs about $50 and can be used to check 10 to 15 surfaces. Testers must be trained and certified. Training takes a half day and costs $500.

Companies can also hire an On Site professional to test workplace surfaces; prices vary.

If more than one person has touched the soiled keyboard or headset, the company can put the suspected users through a saliva or blood test.

"What DrugWipe is there to do in terms of corporations and businesses is to identify if a problem exists," Consoli said. "Then we can go the next step."

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: St. Petersburg Times
Author: Helen Anne Travis
Copyright: 2008 St. Petersburg Times
Website: Using drugs? Your touch can give you away - St. Petersburg Times

100% accurate? Yeah right. With almost all money in circulation these days having some sort of trace elements of drugs on them how can they use a stupid ass product like this? Geez!!:grinjoint:

"theres traces in just about 80% of all money in your pocket??"

Now that would be a punk thing to do - take your shake and shake your cash with it before you spend it. That way, everyone's got some traces.

thats such bullsh**, how will that be able to hold up in court? drug testing, of any kind is a violation of your personal rights and should be stopped, instead we have this nutjob thinking up more stupid ways to do it. what i put into my body is my business, not anyone else's. what if you were holding hands with someone for a considerable amount of time while walking to work and that person just happens to have a script for medical marijuana and then you touch your keyboard? duh? stupid stupid people my tummy hurts so lets blaze! :rollit:

but boss i never do any illegal drugs because coffee make me speed

but i was passing out tracts for a church project on the street and i shook hands with a lot of people on the street

if everyone spreads dust everwhere, where will they go or do? I move that all lower leaves, stems and leftovers be dusted all over where ever, when ever. Plus put in the dogs shampoo and secretly put in dog food. Nothing wasted, nothing gained. Also a way to take the heat off in an airport before a friend arrives with some-----.
resist!

Back
Top Bottom