A-Train's Basement - Perpetual Autoflowering Cannabis Grow

Hey Atrain, what are your thoughts on reducing daylight hours from 18/6 to 12/12 for autoflowering strains. Either gradually or a switch over. As of now I'm going to stay at 18/6, would there be any difference in doing one or the other. Thanks in advance, the plants are great as always man. Cheers

If you go 12/12 on autos you will more than likely decrease yield and size. The more light you give them the more they produce since they are on a set lifespan not some much a light scale like photos.
thanks baxterwolfe that's all I wanted to hear.
Bax got you.... 12\12 is gonna hurt your yield
he beat you to it, on your own thread...you're the master auto man, so I thought I'd ask if you had any experience with that. Cheers guys :thanks:

Can i ask you all to answer this question .
Do you believe that plants can learn the light cycle ?
some say they see there plants start to droop before lights out or perk up just before lights on .
Thankyou .

I have seen this happen sometimes in other peoples threads I have really never noticed it with any of my auto grows so far. My outdoor photo girls I do notice some changes like if its a cold morning they seem a little droopy or if its going to be a heavy rain and then seem very perky if its a bright no cloud sunny day.

Bax got you.... 12\12 is gonna hurt your yield

Was it you that did a test on it? I remember reading a thread where someone tried the different light cycles and found 18/6 to be the ticket. IIRC 24/0 significantly reduced yield and 12/12 slowed things down too much.

Can i ask you all to answer this question .
Do you believe that plants can learn the light cycle ?
some say they see there plants start to droop before lights out or perk up just before lights on .
Thankyou .

I have read that drooping close to lights out is perfectly normal, lots of threads on it.

Ok here's a little update of the side by side testing. One SODK x Alien has been ponytailed (this is her second) and the other will grow all natural
20160131_043450-1.jpg
20160131_043453-1.jpg

A question for Atrain, or anyone of his "qualified representatives".
First, I switched from 18/6 to 20/4 on day 3, when I read 20/4 was yielding slightly more for you. I just now read, " it COULD cause hermies":bitingnails:
My question, when you say 1/1/1 ratio of M/G/B @ .5ml/L I am assuming you mean .5 of the total 1/1/1 ratio mix, or, is it .5 each?
Also, on day 9 they appeared ti need water. I had just introduced a 150 LED to the existing t5 and cfl, and wasn't positive it was a drink they were in need of, so rather than start nutes a day early I gave them apprix. 1/2L straight water, one more time. They are perked up now.
So I should wait until they need a feed to give first nutes right, even if it will be day 12 or so?

Day 12 or 15 or when ever they need water again is fine. And by a 1/1/1 ratio I mean if your on day 10 ( 12 in your case) I feed the same of each product no matter the dose of feed. So .5ml of each til day 15. The I go to 1ml/L of EACH grow micro bloom.

If you look at the advanced feed schedule it shows a little more in detail. Just omit the products you do not have.

And for those of you watching this is the current auto feed I'm using on all the Mephisto plants

Day 1 to day 10 = plain water bubbled 24 hrs

Day 10 to day 15 = .5ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom
1ml/L - Vodoo Juice / Piranha / B52

Day 15 to day 20 = 1ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom
/ Vodoo Juice / Piranha / B52

Day 20 to day 30 = 1.5ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom 1ml/L - B52 /Rhino Skin / Cal- Mag / Sensizyme / Bud Candy

Day 30 to day 35 = 1.5ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom 1ml/L - Voodoo Juice / Piranha / Rhino Skin / Bud Candy

Day 35 to day 40 = 2ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom 1ml/L - Voodoo Juice / Piranha /Big Bud / Cal-Mag / Bud Candy

Day 40 to day 45 = 2ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom / Big Bud 1ml/L - B52 / Sensizyme / Cal-Mag / Bud Candy

Day 45 to day 60 = 2ml/L - Grow / Micro / Bloom / Overdrive / Bud Candy / Cal-Mag 1ml/L - B52

Day 60 = full pot flush with hose 5 min...

Day 63 to finish = plain water

Back
Top Bottom