A1cronick's 1st Grow - MarsII LED 1200 T5 - Coco - Air Pots

hey whats it mean when a plants throws out a bunch of leaves with only 3 leaflets in flower??? the train wreck in the back corner threw out a bunch toward the top of the plant about two weeks ago is this a band thing or what does it mean if any one knows ????

i see leafs like these on seedlings but not on any of my other mature plants any ideas feel free to post feedback thanks

As the plant progresses more into its flower cycle you will have more and more of those and eventually they will go down to single leaves. It just means your plant is showing you that it is progressing right on track. Nothing to be worried about.

Hey a1 I've done flush with floral keen at the start of the last two weeks. Then after that no more anything but pure water. I also do 48 hours of darkness right before harvest so the plants can eat some of the sugars then a 4-6 day dry on a rack and then cure in 5gallon buckets with lids or mason jars depending on the harvest yield. This time around I am going to be trying bud washing this time.

Yes try washing them pukingpanda. It makes a pretty big difference in my book. A older(late 60's?) family friend has been washing his since the late 70's. He showed me in I think like 1995 or so when I walked in on him doing it by accident. I was younger then and still in school and didnt start growing until almost 2 decades later but I have always remembered that. He used to make his own italian meats and things like that and he said that he did it to wash off pesticides and dust so he didnt breath those in when he smoked. It is pretty genius.

After you cut the plant down take each branch and submerge it in buckets of hot and cold water as well as a bucket of baking soda and peroxide. I think there is a bud washing forum around here with the details but that is the jist of it. You submerge the branch gently agitate it. The bud will then be cleaner and crisper as well as aesthetically more appealing. The first time I did it my bucket was almost brown with dust,dirt,dander,pollen,hairs. You have to empty the buckets and start over every plant or 2. For specifics Im sure you can go find how they do it around here. I do it kinda the same but I have subtle nuisances in mine. Anyways go search and you will find it. This site has tons of info contained within its awesome. The best knowledge you will ever learn is from experience and I would contend that the bad experience is the best unfortunately it sticks longer and helps you become a better grower.

got me 100% convinced i will be washing my bud so it only improves the end product is there any cons you know of i will be making the search right now thanks

Yes when you agitate dont do it to roughly or you will be knocking off trichomes. After you dip them make sure they drip dry before you hang them up.

just found the docs thread on bud washing read the whole thing and i am convinced 100% it will make my end smoke better i will read again and the info i am very thankful for

i dont know man i have a very dusty basement and if you look at the up close pics of the washed bud on the forum it looks fine no damaged trikes and he also said the bucket of water will be gross filled with dust and dirt that sticks to the buds from venting and fans im going to try it on some and see how i like it

I washed my buds once because of mold and they tasted funny. I used water and peroxide. the trichs usually won't rupture.

cool thanks for the info im going to try it on a few nugs and see how i like it just incase i dont i dont fuck up the whole harvest

Well I can tell you my customers prefer it. They absolutely love it and pay me more because of it. 20.00 a oz more. It is absolutely up to every person to do what they will with their own grows but there is a difference. The smoke is just tastier and draws better.

I washed my buds once because of mold and they tasted funny. I used water and peroxide. the trichs usually won't rupture.

Your buds are gonna taste funny if mold affected them at any point in time. The wash gets rid of that mold but your still gonna taste it. If I get moldy buds I throw them away right away no matter what. If there is mold on the plant I cut around that moldy part and throw it away. You dont want to be messing around with mold spores. Getting high isnt worth all that.

I hear you I was really weary about mold and how it's a spore strcture like collostridum bacteria which means they stick around but I washed all the buds twice and held the ones with rot under they fizzed for a good while.. I dipped them in plain water after that but still they all tasted different. I just scraped the rot away when it dried up for good

it's cause I had lights close to a plant and no fan. they were sweating and no air movement. also had fruit flies those fuckers I killed the population by hand and with all the spiders I found LOL I now microwave soil before using it :thumb:

we are made of dust and debries if your plants were healthy they're healthy to smoke. we acquire immunity through contact the wash changes taste at least they did to mine. I washed the entire single plant (only one I've ever had with rot, never gonna run without a fan again)

starts at post #180 Jamaica Seeds Blackout Kush #2

Yes not running a fan would be a bigger mistake in my mind then overwatering. Lights to close is usually a problem but if you would of had that fan I am sure that would of taken care of that problem

Back
Top Bottom