ABC News Sound Man Busted For Pot At Obama Appearance

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The Secret Service arrested an ABC News sound engineer covering President Barack Obama's Iowa trip after marijuana was discovered in his backpack Tuesday, ABC News confirmed, reports UPI.

The audio engineer, whose name was not reported, was part of the ABC crew covering the presidential visit. A local camera man hired by ABC brought the sound man into the assignment, according to mediabistro.com.

The pot was discovered as the sound man and camera man were routinely searched by Secret Service agents. Federal agents then turned the sound man over to local law enforcement, according to the report.

ABC News lost no time in distancing itself from the errant sound man.

"While we did not hire this soundman directly, we certainly regret that the Secret Service and local authorities had to waste their valuable time dealing with this matter," said ABC News spokesman Jeffrey Schneider, according to TVNewser.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: Toke of the Town - Cannabis news, rumor and humor
Author: Steve Elliott
Copyright: 2010 Village Voice Media Holdings, LLC
Website: Toke of the Town - ABC News Sound Man Busted For Pot At Obama Appearance

we certainly regret that the Secret Service and local authorities had to waste their valuable time dealing with this matter," said ABC News spokesman Jeffrey Schneider, according to TVNewser.

I regret it too.

Re-Legalize!

They did not have "to waste their valuable time dealing with this matter." They chose to waste their valuable time.
The cameraman was no danger to the president so why did the secret service bother?

I'm pretty sure that entertainment; video, radio, television are one of the few industries that don't mandate drug testing. It wasn't when I was involved.

It's always been an inside joke that if they did drug testing, they'd have no one to hire!

What a waste. Obama should have been notified and pardoned the man immediately.

On the flip-side. Shame on the Sound Tech for putting them in the position where this had to happen. Common sense?

SF

I'm pretty sure that entertainment; video, radio, television are one of the few industries that don't mandate drug testing. It wasn't when I was involved.

It's always been an inside joke that if they did drug testing, they'd have no one to hire!

What a waste. Obama should have been notified and pardoned the man immediately.

On the flip-side. Shame on the Sound Tech for putting them in the position where this had to happen. Common sense?

SF
lol my workplace jokes about the same thing. I would say 80% of us here smoke regularly. We're an interactive media / programming firm

Are you freakin kidding me? Its not like he had a bomb in his back pack. Yes, I said bomb not bong. lol. This kind of stuff really irritates me as their are so many other things like real crime that the Secret Service should be out there investigating and locking people up for. Besides did the sound guy know in advance what he could bring or not bring with him?

Actually it was Hawaiian Pakalolo ordered in by the Pres himself, poor sucker just screwed up. Toke on Pres as you always did in the 70's over here. Aloha, A Hui Hou, maybe I did meet this man and smoke with him.

Back
Top Bottom