Aberration Goes Ker Bloom! - Perpetual

Thanks. It's good to hear it can bulk up. How long did yours go? Did the leaves die aggressively at the end? I don't really care what % THC it is. It's delicious. It all smokes the same after it goes through the grinder...

Mine went 70-80 days I think, could of gone more as always though. I did it with someone else though and their environment wasnt best, bit cold so could of done a lot more defo!! The leaves were a problem when I got Fe Iron deff and they went skinny and yellow but I sorted that and they was ok. Its in POTM this month, its ok, worth a look.

But yeah it will produce some chronic weed, very G13 haze. :thumb:

Mine went 70-80 days I think, could of gone more as always though. I did it with someone else though and their environment wasnt best, bit cold so could of done a lot more defo!! The leaves were a problem when I got Fe Iron deff and they went skinny and yellow but I sorted that and they was ok. Its in POTM this month, its ok, worth a look.

But yeah it will produce some chronic weed, very G13 haze. :thumb:

Thanks for the info. I'll have to try it again at a later date. I have 2 seeds but no live ones.

---

Today I transplanted everything in veg and took more clones. I put the two Matanuskan Thunderfu@k and two Super Lemon Haze in 9 gallon pots and into bloom. Harvest is expected in early September.

I also cut/chiseled the concrete I mentioned before. What a mess. But it's ready for a door now. Yay!

---

Pictures from last night:

This is two Matanuskan Thunderfu@k and two Super Lemon Haze. These are now in bloom:

20120622Aber-01.jpg

The four plants in the middle of this pic are a couple of Grape Kool-Aid and a couple Arjan's Haze #1:

20120622Aber-02.jpg

And here is another AH1 plus 3 White Widow:

20120622Aber-03.jpg

I'm going for bore branching on the WW. I need to avoid single cola style on these. So far I have a good start:

20120622Aber-04.jpg

Here are the older clones. Some Cheese, Blue Dream and lavender indica:

20120622Aber-05.jpg

I put them in 3.5" pots today. In this pic from last night you can see the leaves clearly. The leaves with clipped ends are the ones that were open when I took the cutting. All those intact leaves have grown since then. As you can see, they were very ready:

20120622Aber-06.jpg

These are the younger clones. They are out of the dome now, but not ready to transplant yet. You can see there really hasn't been any new growth here yet:

20120622Aber-07.jpg

This is a snap of the good trim/clippings, spread out on the table to dry. I'll dry it now, then put it in a paper bag in the freezer. Later it will make some great hash:

20120622Aber-08.jpg

Here's a shot where you can see that my drying rod is just hanging from the old light anchors in the old bloom room:

20120622Aber-09.jpg

These are pics of the Arjan's Haze #1 drying. It needs a few more days, but it's looking really good. Well, except for the fact that it has lost more than half of it's bulk. It is a sativa:

20120622Aber-10.jpg

20120622Aber-11.jpg

20120622Aber-12.jpg

20120622Aber-13.jpg

20120622Aber-14.jpg

These are pics of the Tangerine Dream drying. I'll take it down and strip the buds off tomorrow:

20120622Aber-15.jpg

20120622Aber-16.jpg

20120622Aber-17.jpg

20120622Aber-18.jpg

This is a shot into bloom. You can't see a lot of it though. That's the Super Lemon Haze dead center:

20120622Aber-19.jpg

More shots of the SLH in all her glory:

20120622Aber-20.jpg

20120622Aber-21.jpg

20120622Aber-22.jpg

20120622Aber-23.jpg

I bent this branch during early bloom because it was way too tall. I kinda savaged it:

20120622Aber-24.jpg

However, this is a pic of the terminal bud, doing pretty well anyway:

20120622Aber-25.jpg

The SLH sure is pretty this time:

20120622Aber-26.jpg

20120622Aber-27.jpg

These are the lavender indica. These two plants come down in a couple weeks. They don't look like much, but it is some super dank. You can clearly see the screening I am using to hold the plants up now. I zip-tie those screens to the four stakes in each pot. It seems to be working well:

20120622Aber-28.jpg

20120622Aber-29.jpg

20120622Aber-30.jpg

20120622Aber-31.jpg

20120622Aber-32.jpg

20120622Aber-33.jpg

20120622Aber-34.jpg

20120622Aber-35.jpg

Here are the Cheese. They are just getting started:

20120622Aber-36.jpg

20120622Aber-37.jpg

20120622Aber-38.jpg

The Blue Dream are right at the beginning of budding as well:

20120622Aber-39.jpg

20120622Aber-40.jpg

20120622Aber-41.jpg

That's all I have for now.

:peace:

Abb, have you ever thought about experimenting with some form of lollipopping...

especially with those new BD, if you could thin out a lot of that scraggly undergrowth, i think you could definitely get some more weight on the bigger colas.

Abb, have you ever thought about experimenting with some form of lollipopping...

especially with those new BD, if you could thin out a lot of that scraggly undergrowth, i think you could definitely get some more weight on the bigger colas.

Yeah, I have. I do it, but very inconsistently, and even then it's a rudimentary job. I should really do that to these girls while it's still early bloom though. It makes a lot of sense to remove what isn't properly lit anyway.

Overall, a lot of the issues I deal with are an outgrowth of not having enough time. I've reached the point where I can think of things I should be doing but I don't because of that. If only I could quit my day job. Eight hours a day would make my garden grow a lot better.

I'm cutting the Tangerine Dream buds off of the stems. It's fantastic even though it is airy as hell.

I will say right now that it appears the entire month of june is on just one page.

I am thoroughly disappointed LOL ;)

anyway, abb... everything has come together and I finally, just an hour ago, got my entire closet setup and good to go. Now I won't have to come to your journal every day to get my fix ;) I'll shoot you a link when i post!!

Hazes do make for a great stone...I've yet to try the SLH myself, Arjan's either for that matter...SLH looks superb Brother:Namaste:

Thanks. I am finding that I really like hazes.

I will say right now that it appears the entire month of june is on just one page.

I am thoroughly disappointed LOL ;)

anyway, abb... everything has come together and I finally, just an hour ago, got my entire closet setup and good to go. Now I won't have to come to your journal every day to get my fix ;) I'll shoot you a link when i post!!

Yeah, I'm very slowed down. It's part that have a busy summer, and part that I'm feeling journal fatigue. It'll pick back up, I promise.

I'm subscribed to your journal - thanks for the link. I'll be following you over there. It looks like a great start.

Hey abb... do you just bubble your tap water in that big trashcan you have?

What do you use to adjust pH?

Yes, I have a couple aquarium bars (18" I think) in the bottom, fed by a dual outlet air pump. I try to give it at least 24 hours before using it. The slight chlorine smell disappears by then. Then I dispense it into 5 gallon buckets using the "spigot" I cobbled together and installed near the bottom.

I have used water straight from the tap. It doesn't kill them, but I think the water with the chlorine bubbled out is better. Also, since my spigot piping and valve is all 3/4" and the can is raised up (and tall/narrow) I can fill a bucket much faster than from a tap. Remember that by raising your res, you increase the effective depth which increases the pressure at the bottom. This causes the water to flow faster. When the res is high with a long downpipe, once the water gets flowing it will be like it is sucking the water from the res. There is a reason why water towers are towers and not just tanks on the ground: so they can provide a level of water pressure at peak demand that exceeds the capacity of the pumps. My next res is going up near the ceiling. This has other drawbacks, but I can work around them. I'll get to that. I have a complex plan for it. I expect to be able to start really working on the new veg this winter

For adjusting pH I use a liquid lime to raise and for down I use the GH pH Down (orange stuff). I used to use Golden Amber as a pH down, but it started to take too much. I was using a quart every 4-5 days. So I switched that to the GH and have used it since. I am a proponent of organics, but I'm not a purist. I don't believe that this usage, at the low levels it gets used, has any detectable impact on the end product. I may be wrong, who knows.

great info on the liquid lime, i use blue planet nutrients and when i add it to my standing tap water it lowers the ph to 5.8 which is ideal for a hydro grow, but i grow in soil so need it higher than that, so liquid lime will raise the ph for me making it work better with my soil grow, i have also used water strait from the tap and it has no ill affects on my plants, have you tried checking the ph before its stood for a while, does the chlorine affect the ph at all,

Thx for the info... a few comments:

I have read that while bubbling tap water can remove the chlorine, it does not remove the chloramine. I have read that chloramine, as well as chlorine kills beneficials in soil.

I have also read that the GH pH Down (I use it as well), will kill the beneficials if directly added to the feed solution.

Regardless, your grow speaks for itself, and if what I said above happens to have truths to it, it appears negligible as your results are extraordinary and I can't see how changing things will improve yield etc...

great info on the liquid lime, i use blue planet nutrients and when i add it to my standing tap water it lowers the ph to 5.8 which is ideal for a hydro grow, but i grow in soil so need it higher than that, so liquid lime will raise the ph for me making it work better with my soil grow, i have also used water strait from the tap and it has no ill affects on my plants, have you tried checking the ph before its stood for a while, does the chlorine affect the ph at all,

I have never checked that. I don't know. I should jar some up in a clean mason jar and do interval measurements to find out.

Thx for the info... a few comments:

I have read that while bubbling tap water can remove the chlorine, it does not remove the chloramine. I have read that chloramine, as well as chlorine kills beneficials in soil.

I have also read that the GH pH Down (I use it as well), will kill the beneficials if directly added to the feed solution.

Regardless, your grow speaks for itself, and if what I said above happens to have truths to it, it appears negligible as your results are extraordinary and I can't see how changing things will improve yield etc...

I heard about chloramines too, and if I have them in my water I would need a filter of some sort. Chlorine in many forms is tough on micro-organisms. But like you said, it doesn't seem to be a problem. It might be another test worth measuring my way through.

As for GH pH Down, I suspect the only reason it kills micro-life is because it is so acidic. I suspect a very basic (high pH) additive would kill them too. On the other hand, 1 teaspoon of pH Down into a 3 or 5 gallon bucket of liquid will dilute pretty fast. I doubt that it would kill all and could likely be mitigated to some extent by simply pouring it in while the bucket is mixed or more so by diluting it beforehand. As you and I both know, however, it isn't a fatal issue. I pour mine in straight just fine and my plants come out 4' tall with 3/4 lb of pot sometimes. Maybe I could do better, but I'm not focused that way I guess.

Later I may add a filter for the grow water supply, but I doubt I'll stop putting the pH Down straight into the feed.

Thanks for the compliments. I'm just a pilgrim on a journey like everyone.

By the way, I took pictures of the harvested lavender indica that was just recently harvested. I'll get some posted here pretty quick. It's luscious. A Super Lemon Haze is on track to harvest in a week. Followed roughly every 2 weeks by Cheese, then Blue Dream, then Matanuskan, then Super Lemon Haze, and the Arjan's Haze #1, two of each. That takes us out to late September already. If you could see the "other side" of my calendar and saw what else I have planned in my private life you would cringe. I think I over-booked this summer. :loopy: Oh well, sitting around and doing nothing is boring. Get out and enjoy the great outdoors while you can.

cant wait for the pics, sounds like your pleased with the results, i just harvested an auto and the bud is amazing, its an auto bomb, and the bud from it is so tangy and fruity, reminds me of sour sweets, not skunky, its really tangy, like a jack flash if you have ever tried that, id like to grow more tangy weed and less skunky taste, just not sure what is tangy and what isnt, i know jack flash is the best i have had but not had none for years, i will order some flash seeds when i find some, i have been told that ak47 is a tangy and not skuny smoke, but if anyone has any strains that are a tangy smoke then let me know the name and ill order some seeds, anything tangy or fruity

cant wait for the pics, sounds like your pleased with the results, i just harvested an auto and the bud is amazing, its an auto bomb, and the bud from it is so tangy and fruity, reminds me of sour sweets, not skunky, its really tangy, like a jack flash if you have ever tried that, id like to grow more tangy weed and less skunky taste, just not sure what is tangy and what isnt, i know jack flash is the best i have had but not had none for years, i will order some flash seeds when i find some, i have been told that ak47 is a tangy and not skuny smoke, but if anyone has any strains that are a tangy smoke then let me know the name and ill order some seeds, anything tangy or fruity

I know that Tangerine Dream is very orange peel smelling stuff. Other than that I haven't tried any other strains that were notable in that regard. Let me know what you find. :Namaste:

Also, here are the pictures. They are all from the harvest of the two "lavender indica" plants I harvested a little over a week ago. The first pic is badly washed out. All the pics I took of both plants hanging are washed out and this is the best of them. Sorry about that. I left it in so you can see volume and how it looks hanging. The super close-ups were taken with my cheap digital microscope. The total dried haul for both plants is a bit north of 13 oz.

20120716Aber-01.jpg

20120716Aber-02.jpg

20120716Aber-03.jpg

20120716Aber-04.jpg

20120716Aber-05.jpg

20120716Aber-06.jpg

20120716Aber-07.jpg

20120716Aber-08.jpg

20120716Aber-09.jpg

20120716Aber-10.jpg

20120716Aber-11.jpg

20120716Aber-12.jpg

20120716Aber-13.jpg

Here is a picture of all the good trim and fluffy bud. I dry it on the table, right under the drying weed. When it's good and dry I put it in a paper bag, tape it shut, date it and stick it in the freezer. Later I'll make bubble hash with it.

20120716Aber-14.jpg

One of my favorite parts of the process is the "oops" buds. These were accidentally stripped from the stem during trimming and dried here instead of hanging. They tend to dry sooner and make for nice early taster buds. So convenient.

20120716Aber-15.jpg

While I was popping the dried buds off the stems I was smoking a nice doobie. I had put it on the ashtray while working and let it go out. When I went to relight it and take another hit, this is what I saw:

20120716Aber-16.jpg

Which one? They were all cold, so I went with the lower right based on size alone, but I don't really know. It was good.

Back
Top Bottom