Absolutely no clue on what size pump I need.

OKS,

I am a newbie, on my second grow. When
I started hydro, I had the same question. The answer is surprisingly easy. Aquarium pumps. Nothing fancier required.

I was not doing a drip system, but an NFT system with 18 spaces for 2" pots. The manufacturer of my NFT system, a large commercial grower of various vegetables, provided a 900 liter/hour aquarium pump (for about $8.00). It was more than adequate to provide water flow for the system I bought.

If your are growing the same strain in all your drip stations, you can get by with one reservoir. I do suggest one reservoir per strain. Different strains have different nute requirements and strain specific issues.

Strongly recommend that you also buy, at the minimum, one dual outlet (strong) aquarium air pump with 2 large air stones for each reservoir. If you are going hydro, keeping your water supply highly oxygenated is a REQUIREMENT. Otherwise nasty un-MJ things start growing in your system.

A nice supplement, #1 supplement in my book, is hydrogen peroxide (H2O2). When changing your nute solution, no less than once every 7 days, add 3ml H2O2 per liter of solution. Then, daily, add 25% of initial H2O2 dosage to make-up for wastage.

Change your nutes, religiously, no less than once every seven days.

Good luck,
Searcher

Thanks Roseman,

It should be no secret that I got alot of what I know (that actually works...LOL) comes from from reading your posts. Especially your DWC and Bubblebonics DIY blogs. Great stuff. So much good info on this site.

Thanks again,
Searcher

Back
Top Bottom