Acapulco Gold Grow

k1cobraa

Been growing auto flowers up to this point, had to get a Barney's Acapulco Gold and give it a shot. It takes a while but I have patience. I hear it's not the real gold but i'm gonna try it. I am a newbie, and I hear this plant is a challenge so any pointers would be appreciated. I am starting this Journal a ways in so I will try to be as specific as I can up to this point.

Germ method; Paper towel, 3 days
soil: Foxfarm FX14000 Ocean Forest organic potting soil added 5 cups Perlite
5 Gallon Bucket
seed popped July 1
growing outdoors, Southern Cali
Fox Farms Trio Nutrients, Have been feeding based on the feeding charts.

was a slow grower to start, I topped it at 4 weeks and it was real slow to recover but when it did it really got bushy. Pruned her at week 7 and here we are at week 10.
8 weeks of veg, started flowering right around 9-1
I have started feeding nutes at 3/4 strengths as I am told they really like it Au Natural
Sorry for the crap iPhone pics, will use a camera in the future updates.

IMG_66886.JPG
IMG_66877.JPG
IMG_66868.JPG
IMG_66847.JPG
IMG_66856.JPG

Looking good Cobra. I'm going to run off and look at the strain info. I would have expected it to be more fully sativa looking.

--- ok I read at least the promo stuff and some reviews and it sounds like good smoke, whatever it is! Do you have the climate to bud this as we head into fall/winter? Must be nice! I've been through California quite a lot, but never grew there, or paid too much attention to the local growing logistics:)

Hey cobra your Gold is lookin nice. I would have expected it to be taller. Mine is also stayin short and strong right now but i recently flipped to flower so hopefully she will do some stretchin. I am goin on week 3 and i have gave no nutes yet. Pretty easy grow so far. I will have some Northern Lights males and im gonna try and get some seeds. I have only read good things about this strain. There are a couple different phenos, one is taller and one is shorter but both are said to be amazing! I think next time i grow this i will have more patients and do kt right. It would be nice to have some clones ready for the spring next year. Anyway i am subbed and i wish you all the best for your grow.

Yeah climate stays pretty good here except nights but it won't get to cold. It started really really slow. I topped her at the 5th node and she took like two weeks to recover. I here this strain is very u forgiven if you boo boo. There's another grow journal on here its called white castle acapulco gold. His looked super nice but yield was not what I wood have expected. I spent 2 mo this in veg if she grows as reported she should be around 4'-5' when she stops. Perfect for where I have her. Only. Been giving nutes once weekly now. Day 20 flower.

I'll put some pics up today. She seems to have stopped stretching, but seem to be getting decent bud production. I was under the impression it would grow 1 1/2 times the size in veg. I did have some issues in veg though. Took like 3 weeks to recover from fimming. I prune it like once a week trying to keep the pop corn buds away. I think she got burnt from direct sun also. I would have thought she could take the sun. Really nice smell though, everywhere within like 5' of the plant can n feeding nutes once a week, will bump it this week.

Pics have to be rotated properly before uploading. If you're using an iphone then take the pics with the volume buttons (on side of phone) on the down side/closest to ground. Or edit them after so that the pics are oriented that way.

Hopefully better pics :)
DSCN40091.JPG
DSCN40082.JPG
DSCN40073.JPG
DSCN40054.JPG

Have been having issues lately with either sun burn or nute burn as shown with the pic with the single fan leaf. any help would be nice. The top cola pic is super frosty, if you zoom it once:)

Pics have to be rotated properly before uploading. If you're using an iphone then take the pics with the volume buttons (on side of phone) on the down side/closest to ground. Or edit them after so that the pics are oriented that way.

This one post should be posted in every new growers thread.

Hopefully better pics

Have been having issues lately with either sun burn or nute burn as shown with the pic with the single fan leaf. any help would be nice. The top cola pic is super frosty, if you zoom it once:)

The cupped leaves would usually be a bit of heat stress. Seems ok though. The older leaf (leaves) is fairly weird looking but I don't worry too much about old leaves unless the problem starts spreading lots.
Check that leaf for pests though-on undersides of the leaves. The white spots look a bit suspicious -at least in the pic.

Thanks Weaslecracker, I gave it a need oil bath 2 weeks ago. Ill have to check again. Still to new identify all the different nute deficiencies.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom