Acapulco Gold?

Back around 1977 I was working with a bunch of stoners rebuilding Minuteman missile transporter erectors in SLC. One day at lunch the bosses son asked 2 or 3 of us if we wanred to smoke our lunch with him at his apt. He said he had some real Acapulco Gold. At his apt. he showed us a bag of absolutely yellow gold pot. He paid about 3 or 4 times what we were paying for "Columbian" (4 finger lid) in those days. He proceeded to pass around a pinner and we all got a couple of tokes before it was gone. I remember thinking 2 tokes each isn't going to do squat. Wrong!! We wound up staying there for about 6 hours as we were unable to even consider going back to work. I've never been so high on weed before or since. Is the MJ available as good or better? Was this Gold the real deal?
RU Kidding
I was working at a furniture mfg I was a welder but in name only. I had a illegal Mexican dude as my assistant.He put chromed metal tubing in a jig and swing it around.Jig on both sides and I did little 3 second welds. But he comes to work one night (2nd shift) and holds his hand to his mouth like hitting a joint and asks me if I wanted to get high. That was @ lunch break next thing I know I’m laughing like a lunatic and it’s quitting time. Next night I bought a oz. of the prettiest gold weed for 20 bucks when regular weed was 40 a oz. Don’t know what part of Mexico it was from I just wanted more. 1week later la migra came and handcuffed all of them to a long chain and put em on a bus. Plant shutdown for a wk.and never saw him again.

can't wait for the smoke report! I picked up some of the Barney's AG seeds and then found some on strainly that the (independent) breeder claims are the real deal handed down and that he bred out as a preservation project. Just waiting for my garden to catch up on Mrs Cough's medical stash before I stick a longflowering sativa in there for 5 months LOL
Hey Southerncough
I jarred 20 ounces from 1 plant, amazing!
Plus several ounces of trim mostly popcorn buds which I will use for bubble hash.
The smoke although not fully cured reminds me of the first time I smoked grass a long long time ago. If you like listening, playing or composing music it’s awesome. Time is slowed down to a crawl and it makes you happy and very talkative.
Those things in combination I find lacking in the new hybrids.
Was it worth 5 months of grow?
Most Definitely!!

Hey Southerncough
Plus several ounces of trim mostly popcorn buds which I will use for bubble hash.
The smoke although not fully cured reminds me of the first time I smoked grass a long long time ago. If you like listening, playing or composing music it’s awesome. Time is slowed down to a crawl and it makes you happy and very talkative.
Most Definitely!!
I love a good Sativa ain’t nuthin better for wake n bake ❤️

Hey Southerncough
Most Definitely!!
That's great!! I need something to help make me more chatty because at the end of a LOOONG, intense week of engineering my brain is cooked and Mrs. Cough wants to talk my head off and I just want to get buzzed and chill. She takes it personally thinking I'm being too grumpy or don't want to be around her but I'm just mentally exhausted that's all! So energetic, talkative strains are what I'm on the prowl for. I need a strong sativa because even mostly sativa hybrids will put me to sleep. Hell I'll fall asleep if I stop moving LOL

I was working at a furniture mfg I was a welder but in name only. I had a illegal Mexican dude as my assistant.He put chromed metal tubing in a jig and swing it around.Jig on both sides and I did little 3 second welds. But he comes to work one night (2nd shift) and holds his hand to his mouth like hitting a joint and asks me if I wanted to get high. That was @ lunch break next thing I know I’m laughing like a lunatic and it’s quitting time. Next night I bought a oz. of the prettiest gold weed for 20 bucks when regular weed was 40 a oz. Don’t know what part of Mexico it was from I just wanted more. 1week later la migra came and handcuffed all of them to a long chain and put em on a bus. Plant shutdown for a wk.and never saw him again.
Pinche migra! Ever get that peppery tasting Oaxacan?

I'm an old timer that was smoking back in the early 80's. I think a lot of people don't realize how different weed was back in the day. Most of it was mids and we were very happy as long as it got us good and high. Every once and a while though, someone would bring something up to todays standards and I remember getting so high that I thought the weed was laced with PCP...

I'm thinking that people's memories of old classic strains and potency back in the day are just that, memories. Those old strains will still get you high, but probably not like you remember it.

I'm all for classic strains though: I'd love to try Acapulco Gold, thats about as old school as it gets! For now, I'm enjoying Northern Lights and Durban Poison...Two more old classics ! They get me blasted even though coming in around 20%THC or less....

I'm an old timer that was smoking back in the early 80's. I think a lot of people don't realize how different weed was back in the day. Most of it was mids and we were very happy as long as it got us good and high. Every once and a while though, someone would bring something up to todays standards and I remember getting so high that I thought the weed was laced with PCP...

I'm thinking that people's memories of old classic strains and potency back in the day are just that, memories. Those old strains will still get you high, but probably not like you remember it.

I'm all for classic strains though: I'd love to try Acapulco Gold, thats about as old school as it gets! For now, I'm enjoying Northern Lights and Durban Poison...Two more old classics ! They get me blasted even though coming in around 20%THC or less....
I’m not so sure about that, although it’s mostly true but I remember a friend in the Navy came home with a quarter of the real Hawaiian from Hawaii. A toothpick joint between a carload and 1 hit each had us all laughing like crazy people. I bought a 1/8th of Maui Wowi at a dispensary and it’s not bad but not even close to what that Hawaiian was.

I’m not so sure about that, although it’s mostly true but I remember a friend in the Navy came home with a quarter of the real Hawaiian from Hawaii. A toothpick joint between a carload and 1 hit each had us all laughing like crazy people. I bought a 1/8th of Maui Wowi at a dispensary and it’s not bad but not even close to what that Hawaiian was.

So, after many decades without smoking weed, I can say this. I grabbed some top shelf OG Kush (350 an Ounce) bud here in the DC area to break my long abstinence from smoking. I loaded a bowl, smoked half of it, and almost died of a heart attack. (at least, I thought so while being way too high!). It was NOT pleasant at all, and I wound up hiding in my bathroom for four hours. My heart was racing so fast, I really thought I was a goner.... The intense high lasted around an hour and I stayed totally stupified for 4 more after that...

Strain names weren't common in my day. It was either brown seeded mexican weed (common,cheap, got you high) or what we called "Sinsemilla.". The only strain names I remember back then are Lambs Bread/Breath, Panama Red, Columbian Gold and Maui Wowi. (although I doubt it was ever truly named). Indica wasn't really something we knew about, but I remember getting big fluffy green "Indica" buds back then. I never liked them though, Sativa seems to be the main thing back then.

Just an old timers rambling memories while smoking my personally grown stash of Durban Poison. Love this stuff !

7_9side.JPG

So, after many decades without smoking weed, I can say this. I grabbed some top shelf OG Kush (350 an Ounce) bud here in the DC area to break my long abstinence from smoking. I loaded a bowl, smoked half of it, and almost died of a heart attack. (at least, I thought so while being way too high!). It was NOT pleasant at all, and I wound up hiding in my bathroom for four hours. My heart was racing so fast, I really thought I was a goner.... The intense high lasted around an hour and I stayed totally stupified for 4 more after that...

Strain names weren't common in my day. It was either brown seeded mexican weed (common,cheap, got you high) or what we called "Sinsemilla.". The only strain names I remember back then are Lambs Bread/Breath, Panama Red, Columbian Gold and Maui Wowi. (although I doubt it was ever truly named). Indica wasn't really something we knew about, but I remember getting big fluffy green "Indica" buds back then. I never liked them though, Sativa seems to be the main thing back then.

Just an old timers rambling memories while smoking my personally grown stash of Durban Poison. Love this stuff !

7_9side.JPG
Durban Poison is a great Sativa, all I smoke is Sativa. Durban Poison is my 2nd or 3rd. fav . I like the Thai strains as well.

Durban Poison is a great Sativa, all I smoke is Sativa. Durban Poison is my 2nd or 3rd. fav . I like the Thai strains as well.

My first two grows were Northern Lights, my last grow was Durban. Oddly, they both grew almost identically and the odor of both is similar, Pine/strong Citrus/slight skunk.... I have to admit, I am a much bigger fan of Northern Lights, the high is one of the best I've ever felt, pure bliss. BUT I can't stay on my feet for long and nothing gets done.

Durban is completely different, I'm wide awake, clear headed and high AF..... A completely different thing than Northern Lights. The two strains are night and day---! One is perfect for bed time, the other for wake and bake with a cup of coffee. Life is good, we didn't have it this good back in the old days.

What's on the top of your list for Sativa's? I've been considering a green crack grow.

I'm a big fan of Northern Lights, and True OG. I must be a Indica guy.

My first two grows were Northern Lights, my last grow was Durban. Oddly, they both grew almost identically and the odor of both is similar, Pine/strong Citrus/slight skunk.... I have to admit, I am a much bigger fan of Northern Lights, the high is one of the best I've ever felt, pure bliss. BUT I can't stay on my feet for long and nothing gets done.

Durban is completely different, I'm wide awake, clear headed and high AF..... A completely different thing than Northern Lights. The two strains are night and day---! One is perfect for bed time, the other for wake and bake with a cup of coffee. Life is good, we didn't have it this good back in the old days.

What's on the top of your list for Sativa's? I've been considering a green crack grow.

I'm a big fan of Northern Lights, and True OG. I must be a Indica guy.
I’m growing 1Green Crack +2 Tangie +1 Temple Kush it’s a Indica but the high is supposed to be hallucinatory. It’s also a freebie so thought I’d give it a shot.

I’m growing 1Green Crack +2 Tangie +1 Temple Kush it’s a Indica but the high is supposed to be hallucinatory. It’s also a freebie so thought I’d give it a shot.
Very cool, nice mix you have going. Let me know if that Green Crack grows low odor for you. It's on my list of "low odor strains" to try. I'm stuck hiding my grow one plant at a time.

7_9side.JPG
Can someone tell me what the heck Comercial Colombian was? Seems there was a time everything was C.C. Hey bro ya wanna get high? Sure what is it? Comercial Colombian.Smh

Can someone tell me what the heck Comercial Colombian was? Seems there was a time everything was C.C. Hey bro ya wanna get high? Sure what is it? Comercial Colombian.Smh
I do not remember commercial Colombian, we just called it Colombian. It was a reddish brown earthy smelling herb. Pretty Stoney for 70’s weed.

Back
Top Bottom