Acapulco Gold?

rukidding

Back around 1977 I was working with a bunch of stoners rebuilding Minuteman missile transporter erectors in SLC. One day at lunch the bosses son asked 2 or 3 of us if we wanred to smoke our lunch with him at his apt. He said he had some real Acapulco Gold. At his apt. he showed us a bag of absolutely yellow gold pot. He paid about 3 or 4 times what we were paying for "Columbian" (4 finger lid) in those days. He proceeded to pass around a pinner and we all got a couple of tokes before it was gone. I remember thinking 2 tokes each isn't going to do squat. Wrong!! We wound up staying there for about 6 hours as we were unable to even consider going back to work. I've never been so high on weed before or since. Is the MJ available as good or better? Was this Gold the real deal?
RU Kidding

Maybe... My 95 YO uncle gave me 50+ seeds of Mex from the 1960's in 1998. I got 3 to pop. 2 Males 1 Female. It was straight sativa, low bewilder, shit was yellow also. And it did the trick but not like other strains of today.

A buddy was frantic for me to get him female clones going for a genetic cross back. We used Master Kush, OG Kush, White Widow, Blue Dream, African babysitter, and a lucy.

instead of giving up the genetics of my female pure, it took one male arm in full bloom and thirty seconds of thrashing it in the bloom room to ruin his grow room forever. that place still puts out seeds and gives more seeds than i ever thought possible. phenotypes ranged 0-100.

Even after cleaning the grow room and years of multiple grows, seeds are still possible in there and you just know its from the careless thrashing from 10+years ago. lol.

Everything is so mutted-up these days, it is nice have the pure available if you breed or just like whacking it in a grow..

I just started a couple seeds of Acapulco Gold. I hope it’s like the good ol’ days. That made me laugh.
I agree with you about the good ol' days, I have 2 AG seedlings going right now, they are 9 days old and counting.

Last year I purchased some Acapulco Gold landrace from Mass Medical Strains but I had already started some Barney’s farm AG. It was a typical hybrid with lots of leaves and nice buds, a pretty good smoke.
The legend of true Acapulco Gold stayed on my mind.
Started 3 seeds and ended up with 1 female so I concentrated on her for smoke. ( next grow for seed!)
5th week of flower and I know she has a long way to go but the amazing thing about her is that she has no odor whatsoever.
Will let you know how she turns out

7FFB6DF7-3BC8-424D-8E9A-8C1CA323D8A5.jpeg

BD3F3B89-57E3-457B-A695-0220743278C9.jpeg

Last year I purchased some Acapulco Gold landrace from Mass Medical Strains but I had already started some Barney’s farm AG. It was a typical hybrid with lots of leaves and nice buds, a pretty good smoke.
Started 3 seeds and ended up with 1 female so I concentrated on her for smoke. ( next grow for seed!)
5th week of flower and I know she has a long way to go but the amazing thing about her is that she has no odor whatsoever.

2E57AC48-D181-47F7-A6A2-5DF3438A1C7D.jpeg

3B323873-A410-44EC-B7D8-E1A85CBBE4F8.jpeg

Hey maddog, that mass medical. Is that a Massachusetts based operation. And if so could possible give me a link. Thanks, your plants look amazing. good luck with your harvest

as a teen in phoenix, i had older friends with great connections. the real acapulco gold were rock hard buds. lovely color , great taste and a great high. it was about that time that our government started spraying weed crops with paraquat. they wanted to poison weed smokers.

then, the mexican growers did something to have their average weeds buds look kinda yellowish. they would call it acapulco gold but it was a scam. if you hear someone say they smoked real gold or thai stick and they weren't impressed, they didn't smoke the real deal.

the panama red was great too. odd dark color and that happy high.

there was good weed back in the 60s/70s but most people got the dirt weed .

Yep, I smoked a ton of dirt weed, but we also got the amazing Colombian, Jamaican, and occasionally some other standout. At least we didn't have 65,000 "strains".
the lumbo as my idiot friends called it :) changed the game. great stuff, smell, taste rock hard. it was an easy sell. from $10 lids of mexican, to $35 then $45 for the columbian.

i remember smoking weed so bad that a few of us would be saying - i think i'm high. are you high??

can't wait for the smoke report! I picked up some of the Barney's AG seeds and then found some on strainly that the (independent) breeder claims are the real deal handed down and that he bred out as a preservation project. Just waiting for my garden to catch up on Mrs Cough's medical stash before I stick a longflowering sativa in there for 5 months LOL

Back
Top Bottom