Accidental pollination - Are the seeds worth growing????

bobulak

Hi everyone

I had a little surprise the other day with a few plants that I had growing. I had 2 Purps and 1 Blueberry Bubble gum at 24 days flower. All three plants are leftover plants I had from a previous grow in soil and I didn't just wanna scrap them. Well I was checking out the buds on 1 of my Purps. Very nice sticky buds already. I bent the stalk back a bit a let it go and poof. A great big cloud of yellow dust in the tent. I guess she hermied a little and I didn't notice. So my guess is that my hermied Purps just pollinated my Blueberry Bubblegum. This is my question. Will the seeds that I will get from this accidental pollination be good for anything or should I just toss them. The Purps come from feminized seed that are absolutely great for Hydro but sometimes hermi when i grow it in soil. The purps strain I get is real potent too. Dont know much about the BBB tho but the buds on it at 26 days are very nice so far. Has anyone grown from the seed they harvested in this way?

Thanks

Yes but one of my concerns is will all the females from theses seeds tend to hermi as well

In theory the seed from the female plant that was pollinated by a hermi should be feminized

bobulak said:
Yes but one of my concerns is will all the females from theses seeds tend to hermi as well

It is my understanding that while some strains are more susceptible to herm ,it is caused by stress to the plant and not so much what happened to the mother.
I say that if you have the ability to grow it...try it, give it a kick ass name and enjoy the strain that YOU created!

I could be wrong,but I think that the seeds on the hermi would be feminized but the seeds pollinated by a hermi would not be.

I am not sure about the seeds on the hermi as there are two schools of thought, I just so happen to have a hermi that not only pollinated itself it pollinated females so I will know myself in time. Real feminized seed is made with females that are forced to herm and pollinate itself (a full female)

How can I get my plants to produce feminized seeds?

If your planning to trash the seeds you should send them my way

:cheesygrinsmiley: there are very few seeds I don't keep. All have as much info as I know with them.

enjoy the strain that YOU created!

Just remember

snip

"NOTE: Most often grower’s do not breed, they cross plants without stabilizing any particular plant, or developing true breeding strains. Once they find a plant they like, they take clones of it and grow it out under lights. Often this is process is confused with breeding. It is much more difficult to select plants, stabilize them into true breeding plants and produce F1 (make the 1 in F1 superscript) hybrids. Often when 10 seeds purchased from a disreputable seed company are planted, the result is 10 plants that all look different, so beware!"

end snip

snipped from

Breeding for Beginners - Create Your Very Own Strain!

The plants from your "new" seeds will be very much worth growing. I'm currently trying to duplicate what what you did. No luck so far. Enjoy.

The plants from your "new" seeds will be very much worth growing. I'm currently trying to duplicate what what you did. No luck so far. Enjoy.

Lol it was a complete accident to. I didn't even notice that the plant had hermied on me. It will be a cross of a Blueberry/Bubblegum and the purps. After this grow Im switching to hydro for good so I hope it does well growing that way.

Back
Top Bottom