Accidentally bought Happy Frog

mc has feeding guidelines and nute charts online. start there. like most you'll probably work out your own nute schedule based on what your plants are asking for.

I've read that this soil isn't good because its breaks down before the plant is done developing apparently the ph goes down and becomes too acidic. If this is true I'm totally screwed because I cant afford nutrients or different soil. Is there a home remedy I can use to get my plant through this period of time. How can I tell if my soil has a good ph level?

Check your water runoff with a PH testing kit you can get an expensive probe but I use the drop type the whole kit only cost me $20.00, and it's damn close to just as good.
IMPORTANT TIP!!!: PH test your water too! Too high or too low can be a disaster for your babies. You can adjust the PH levels with vinegar if too alkaline or wood ash if too acidic. I try to aim for a PH level of 6.0 - 6.5

Yeah,my cat's favorite thing is to sit across the room and give me the stinkeye when he thinks I should be scratching his belly...
Lol. Hey can I still u
You stated that you can't afford nutrients. You need to find a way to come up with $50 and purchase the basic nutrients to get you through the grow. Go help somebody out for a day to come up with the money and purchase the nutrients at a local store or on Amazon. Your grow will be difficult to do without them in my opinion
hey do you know If I can or should use the mega bloom with the eggshell thing that emillya posted

I got that mega crop but I dont know how to use it.
Mix it with 1 gallon of water-4 grams for veg,5 for early and mid flower,6 for full flower-easy peasy
If you're going to ph the water,do it after you add in the MegaCrop

Dissolve the MC in a small quantity of almost hot water-it's a bitch to get it to dissolve in a gallon of cold water-use a little pill bottle or something like that,then just dump the dissolved goodies into your gallon and shake it up.
Nuttin to it...
If you use the MC,you won't need calmag,so that simplifies things even more.

IF you don't have a gram scale-4 grams is about 3/16 of an inch of MC in the little
scoop they give you...5 grams is about 1/16 inch more,and 6 grams is apx 1/4" in the little scoop-
try and keep the measurements as close as you can-although a little over or under isn't going to be a deal breaker
Good Luck..I think you'll like the MC

I only use Happy Frog and only use Jack’s and can tell you 100% that it works.

Citrus Blend through veg and Bloom in flower ($8.99 & $10.99 /1.5 lbs respectively). 3ml CM and silica. PH to 6.5.

Since switching from FFOF and their nutes I’ve honestly have never had any leaf show any sign of deficiency or burn.

Attachments

• 6183AED0-432C-4623-ABEA-E6F6720BD5D1.jpeg
    6183AED0-432C-4623-ABEA-E6F6720BD5D1.jpeg
    986.2 KB · Views: 87
  • C32450A2-AA03-44BD-812C-4092BBC9C8A0.jpeg
    C32450A2-AA03-44BD-812C-4092BBC9C8A0.jpeg
    958.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 07483844-84F1-4F7A-AF09-2D8765E21CC9.jpeg
    07483844-84F1-4F7A-AF09-2D8765E21CC9.jpeg
    639.6 KB · Views: 101
  • C41ECC6A-8E50-47A9-9295-62CFFB6563B4.jpeg
    C41ECC6A-8E50-47A9-9295-62CFFB6563B4.jpeg
    645.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 5D22C2F1-C41B-4A54-B5E4-176676C30C29.jpeg
    5D22C2F1-C41B-4A54-B5E4-176676C30C29.jpeg
    615.9 KB · Views: 92
  • B135F23A-22E2-4FC6-B885-47D14D840F87.jpeg
    B135F23A-22E2-4FC6-B885-47D14D840F87.jpeg
    683.2 KB · Views: 116
I got that mega crop but I dont know how to use it.
There are feeding instructions on the website. If those don't answer your questions, just let me know. I will try my best to help.

Lol. Hey can I still u
hey do you know If I can or should use the mega bloom with the eggshell thing that emillya posted

it takes 6 months for the eggshells to actually be beneficial to soil. so dont waste your time with them, unless your no-till.

Mix it with 1 gallon of water-4 grams for veg,5 for early and mid flower,6 for full flower-easy peasy
If you're going to ph the water,do it after you add in the MegaCrop

Dissolve the MC in a small quantity of almost hot water-it's a bitch to get it to dissolve in a gallon of cold water-use a little pill bottle or something like that,then just dump the dissolved goodies into your gallon and shake it up.
Nuttin to it...
If you use the MC,you won't need calmag,so that simplifies things even more.

IF you don't have a gram scale-4 grams is about 3/16 of an inch of MC in the little
scoop they give you...5 grams is about 1/16 inch more,and 6 grams is apx 1/4" in the little scoop-
try and keep the measurements as close as you can-although a little over or under isn't going to be a deal breaker
Good Luck..I think you'll like the MC
you using the new formula i take it? I didnt get the new yet, still have 3 years worth of the old left, lol. Might use it on the lawn and get the new formula. Pissed i missed the New Formula special,smh.. But i use the Megacrop cal-mag 1g per gallon values.

To tell you the truth,I didn't know there was a new or old formula-got mine
about 2 months ago,so I assume it's the new ?
I sure like the way it works...

To tell you the truth,I didn't know there was a new or old formula-got mine
about 2 months ago,so I assume it's the new ?
I sure like the way it works...
hummmm, might not be. Let me check into it. The old formula, you needed to add calmag, the new formula, they added the calmag, so you dont need to add to it manually. So they keyed it to be perfect. Ill be back with info i found.

You know, im pretty sure you have the new stuff. I think they dropped the new formula in Dec, so i think your good to go because once they had released the new formula, they stopped shipping the old stuff, which, from a consumer standpoint is awesome,.. RIU ( another forum) has alot of info and threads on it, but they seem to be down for some reason. Pretty sure your good to go bro. Enjoy

Mine's the new,then-it says if you use it,there's no need for cal-mag.

Mine's the new,then-it says if you use it,there's no need for cal-mag.
yeap, your good, they released it Dec, 15th 2018.

I just ordered the new stuff,lol.. cant beat the price. 190 gallons worth for $12, lol, steal.

I know-the $hit's practically free compared to some of the others...and the thing is-it works!

My curiosity got the best of me yesterday after my endorsement of Jack's as to whether, despite my success, I was using the Blossom Booster correctly while in flower. I use it alone at 3/4 tsp per gallon max dose so far. In the little grow info available I've seen to alternate between the Classic (or Citrus) and blossom, mix 50/50, transition to Blossom. There was no definite answer.

So....yesterday afternoon I called JR Peters however wasn't able to talk directly to anyone. I left a VM message that I ha P d a question and left my name and phone number.

Today the phone rings Allentown, PA. I answer and its none other than Mr. Peters himself. I explain that I am growing a plant that I am now transitioning from vegetative state to flowering. I further explain the above combinations and asked which is correct. He stated that any are acceptable however a short transition over from one to the other is best.

He was kind enough to take time and have a conversation with me. He eventually got the gist of what I was growing and then added..."if you really want to use it the right way..."

According to Jack Peters you use the recommended 20-20-20 Classic or 20-10-20 Citrus through veg and then one or two watering's using half veg and half Blossom then all Blossom. He recommended that just at the end of flower to give one full dose of the 20-20-20 or 20-10-20 and then begin your flush. He said the last dose of the veg nute will "fatten your flower up and provide a lot of bulk."

So there you have it. My curiosity and fear of screwing up my girls is put to rest. I hope someone will benefit from this clarification. Now I cant wait to see what my end result will be using the Citrus the full run and now with the recommended final blast of 20-10-20.

Did your seeds get lost in the mail or something?

She is a bit young-give her a chance,she just got here...

Back
Top Bottom