Accidentally bought Happy Frog

She is a bit young-give her a chance,she just got here...
this is my other one. The outside leaves started curling up wards and look kinda dead at the tips.
20190426_170127.jpg

Yes- when the 2 little rounded leaves (cotyledons) start to yellow and shrivel up,
it's time to start with the nutes.
So it looks like it's ready.

The leaves are curling up
Hey,@Azsmoker420...it occurred to me that that little plant may be cooking,I mean literally...
How hot has it been in Az.? A combination of the hot sun,and that mostly black soil that
the plant is in might be more heat than it can handle (at least that's what it looks like to me)

My son lives in Az. ,so I know it can get pretty damn hot there-It's been in the 80's here,so I
figure it's probably been at least that hot where you are,probably a bit hotter?

Why don't you give her the nutes,along with a good watering-use the whole gallon,or more- whatever it takes to get some runoff out of the bottom of the pot....
Then,sit the plant in the shade (not dark,just shade) for a few days to see if it begins to recover-it's not going to be a miracle thing...it'll probably take at least a week before you see any real improvement, so she may have to sit in the shade,or at least indirect sun,like under a tree or something for the whole week.
I'm pretty sure if you can get things cooled down till she gets a little healthier,she'll end up being to handle the heat ok..
I do think that you'll need to cover that black soil with about an inch of perlite (or something white) to insulate the soil from the sun,and avoid cooking the roots.
I may be barking up the wrong tree with this,but it wouldn't really hurt anything to give it a try, because, lets face it...she's not really doing very well where she's at right now.

NO NUTES, happy frog can go 6 weeks with NOTHING added. Bring it in and put under a 35w led or cfl. that plant is in bad shape. To much light, to much water, to many nutes, and she done dead,

@Mayne - is that black stuff Happy Frog?-looks like gravel,pretty coarse stuff

i was wondering that too myself. with the chuncks in there, it causes high acidity, very bad for young plants. i dont think those sticks and chunks are in there from HappyFrog, but if dude says its happyfrog, we have to take his word for it.

For future, Get CocoLoco, same company, but much better stuff.

It's starting to warm up in AZ. The temps have been fluctuating pretty bad also. try to get it inside if you can. will help a lot. I use happy frog for seedlings and clones. Then switch up to ffof. If ever you need help we don't have to meet up. I will go to a local supply shop and get you nutes and ask the shop to hold it for you so when you get there. If you do go that route send me a message. :Namaste:

Hmmm...chunky stuff, wouldn't want to try and germinate anything in there-it'd have to lift a boulder before it could poke it's head out...but,to each his own ....

Maybe he received a batch that wan'st mixed properly. People are right looks chunky to be Happy Frog. I looked at mine earlier and had minimal chunks.

Maybe he received a batch that wan'st mixed properly. People are right looks chunky to be Happy Frog. I looked at mine earlier and had minimal chunks.
yeah, thats why i didnt think it was happyfrog, but then, seen a few videos and seen, its pretty close, but might look chunky because of the close pics.

Like i said, get the cocoloco, its Foxfarm ocean forest with coco coir, love the stuff. so forgiving and cheap as heck,

yeah, thats why i didnt think it was happyfrog, but then, seen a few videos and seen, its pretty close, but might look chunky because of the close pics.

Like i said, get the cocoloco, its Foxfarm ocean forest with coco coir, love the stuff. so forgiving and cheap as heck,
I'm going to try that next. Glad I stumbled on this post. Been looking to try coco didn't know they had that hopefully they carry it at my local stores. Will do a practice run on a strain to get the hang of it in the future and after I run through 5 of my bags of FFOF:cheesygrinsmiley:

just remember man, its not coco, treat it like soil, water when almost dry. Very forgiving stuff, ull love it

20190426_193433.jpg
IPO
Hey,@Azsmoker420...it occurred to me that that little plant may be cooking,I mean literally...
How hot has it been in Az.? A combination of the hot sun,and that mostly black soil that
the plant is in might be more heat than it can handle (at least that's what it looks like to me)

My son lives in Az. ,so I know it can get pretty damn hot there-It's been in the 80's here,so I
figure it's probably been at least that hot where you are,probably a bit hotter?

Why don't you give her the nutes,along with a good watering-use the whole gallon,or more- whatever it takes to get some runoff out of the bottom of the pot....
Then,sit the plant in the shade (not dark,just shade) for a few days to see if it begins to recover-it's not going to be a miracle thing...it'll probably take at least a week before you see any real improvement, so she may have to sit in the shade,or at least indirect sun,like under a tree or something for the whole week.
I'm pretty sure if you can get things cooled down till she gets a little healthier,she'll end up being to handle the heat ok..
I do think that you'll need to cover that black soil with about an inch of perlite (or something white) to insulate the soil from the sun,and avoid cooking the roots.
I may be barking up the wrong tree with this,but it wouldn't really hurt anything to give it a try, because, lets face it...she's not really doing very well where she's at right now.
20190426_193433.jpg

Back
Top Bottom