Accidentally bought Happy Frog

20190426_193433.jpg
IPO

Yes- when the 2 little rounded leaves (cotyledons) start to yellow and shrivel up,
it's time to start with the nutes.
So it looks like it's ready.
20190426_193433.jpg

Hey,@Azsmoker420...it occurred to me that that little plant may be cooking,I mean literally...
How hot has it been in Az.? A combination of the hot sun,and that mostly black soil that
the plant is in might be more heat than it can handle (at least that's what it looks like to me)

My son lives in Az. ,so I know it can get pretty damn hot there-It's been in the 80's here,so I
figure it's probably been at least that hot where you are,probably a bit hotter?

Why don't you give her the nutes,along with a good watering-use the whole gallon,or more- whatever it takes to get some runoff out of the bottom of the pot....
Then,sit the plant in the shade (not dark,just shade) for a few days to see if it begins to recover-it's not going to be a miracle thing...it'll probably take at least a week before you see any real improvement, so she may have to sit in the shade,or at least indirect sun,like under a tree or something for the whole week.
I'm pretty sure if you can get things cooled down till she gets a little healthier,she'll end up being to handle the heat ok..
I do think that you'll need to cover that black soil with about an inch of perlite (or something white) to insulate the soil from the sun,and avoid cooking the roots.
I may be barking up the wrong tree with this,but it wouldn't really hurt anything to give it a try, because, lets face it...she's not really doing very well where she's at right now.
Is ok to use the miracle grow peralite

yeah, we believe you bro, no need to lie about it, lol.. Just surprised its as chunky as it is.

But like said, if you have to, dump the bag, pull out allllllll that chuncky stuff.

and the pics you just posted, DANNNNG man, i dont think your going to save her, she is hurtin..

like carcass said, the heat did them in for sure. the roots dont like above 75F, and even that is pretty warm to them.. the problem isnt so much heat, but when they get warm, they O2 level is just about depleted in the soil. Roots need the O2 to live, or they die.

Bro, your going to have to start over. Get that cocoloco if you can. Zon has it immensely cheap, but your mailman will hate you for a good 2 months, big heavy box, like 3ft by 3ft box,lol..

actually, nix the Zon idea, its super expensive now. If you have a good garden center around, you can get a bag for $25, then get the MegaCrop, for about $18,

Is ok to use the miracle grow peralite
yeah, we believe you bro, no need to lie about it, lol.. Just surprised its as chunky as it is.

But like said, if you have to, dump the bag, pull out allllllll that chuncky stuff.

and the pics you just posted, DANNNNG man, i dont think your going to save her, she is hurtin..

like carcass said, the heat did them in for sure. the roots dont like above 75F, and even that is pretty warm to them.. the problem isnt so much heat, but when they get warm, they O2 level is just about depleted in the soil. Roots need the O2 to live, or they die.

Bro, your going to have to start over. Get that cocoloco if you can. Zon has it immensely cheap, but your mailman will hate you for a good 2 months, big heavy box, like 3ft by 3ft box,lol..
As soon as I can afford to start over again i will get some. I've red alot ot good stuff about coco. Will that be good for me here in the 100 degree heat?

That stuff looks more like.... Sad Frog... :(

Just Kidding...that is sure a coarse batch,though.

Wow...sh*t,that looks like a new plant ! Good Job!

Back
Top Bottom