Accidentally snapped the stem at the bottom while LST

John Holmes

Hey, i attempted my first LST by tying the branches down to the side of my pot. The stem snapped at the bottom shere i once topped it, theres barely anything holding them on, should i let them be and hope for recovery or should i try to do some duct taping?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 146
you just need to make sure that the breaks are held down tight (no air gaps on the area where they broke and that is going to be your challenge. I have had branches break completely off and fit them back together and taped them without an issue . At this point you have nothing to lose trying your best . Its time to get creative , you can stick to wires in your medium right next to the stalk and each broken limb , seat back down where it broke and use a twist tie to hold it in place with a little upward pressure so it stays seated . I think you get the idea .

I broke one of my DP and had no way of taping it without covering up a node so I propped it up with a bamboo stick and garden wire, I put a small piece of tape across the gap like a band aide for a couple of days. It healed into a big knuckle and turned out to be one of my bushiest plants.

Back
Top Bottom