ACDC Strain

Hey i live in WA too!!! Its a party! I live in Everett and i will keep my eyes out for an ACDC or another with a high CBD content.

Sooooooo i called Dockside co-op and even though they dont normally sell clones, one of the employees and the GM are finding me a couple sour tsunami clones.

Sooooooo i called Dockside co-op and even though they dont normally sell clones, one of the employees and the GM are finding me a couple sour tsunami clones.

I actually know the creator of Sour Tsunami at Solstice. He has been helping me with growing for my son, connecting me with people, offering advice, etc. Sour Tsunami is proprietary and kept under lock and key. They will not let anyone have a clone. If you get one it is probably not actually sour tsunami.

I know Dax at New Leaf, the creator of Dama, and we have gotten medicine from him while our production gets up to speed. Great guy, great product, can't speak highly enough of them

I actually know the creator of Sour Tsunami at Solstice. He has been helping me with growing for my son, connecting me with people, offering advice, etc. Sour Tsunami is proprietary and kept under lock and key. They will not let anyone have a clone. If you get one it is probably not actually sour tsunami.

Well aint that some shit. I believe they call this one sour tsunami #6. Really sctaully a downer.

Re: ACDC Strain Dad Dravet

Dad Dravet I would love to glean from what you've learned. I also live in Washington and have a son with Doose syndrome. I've been trying to treat him with harlequin but its too high in THC. Do you know of a source of acdc? Is it premade? Have you made your own oil? That is what I'd like to do. Also, how about a lab? My understanding is that acdc is a 22:1 ratio and its the best option we've got until charlottes web makes it out here. Thank you for your time!

I have made my own oil and actually just had a test done yesterday. Here are the results: Sour Tsunami Coconut Oil | Analytical 360

Happy to help if I can

Wow! I'm presently on an information overload, so got to finish sorting things out. Questions: the oil you made is not from acdc, right? Do you know how it tests out compared to tsunami? If I get the product figured out, could you reccommend how to make the oils? Thank you again sir.

Wow! I'm presently on an information overload, so got to finish sorting things out. Questions: the oil you made is not from acdc, right? Do you know how it tests out compared to tsunami? If I get the product figured out, could you reccommend how to make the oils? Thank you again sir.

No, the oil I made was from sour tsunami because my first plant to go into flower is still about 7 weeks from harvest. The ACDC should have even better numbers, but I'll post test results when I have it done. Yes I can also walk you through the oil making process. It is not hard, but it does take some time. You also need to use significant amounts of ever clear, which does get expensive. Happy to post a guide for you and help talk you through it.

Hey i live in WA too!!! Its a party! I live in Everett and i will keep my eyes out for an ACDC or another with a high CBD content.

R4 you can get it in Denver at Green Wrekz it has a 25% Cbd content and 2% THC they sell seeds of it and I THINK THEY WILL BE Recreational next year. So anyone 21 and over can get them. I hope one day it classified as medical hemp and can grown in unlimited numbers of this strain.:thumb:

I bought an ounce of sour tsunami a couple weeks ago. Still sitting on it trying to figure out what to do next. Also, have two liters of ever clear. If you have a chance to walk me through what to do next I'd sure love it. And, if its not asking too much, how do I figure out the strength to determine dosage once I get a finished product? Thank you again, you have been a blessing today!

Alright. Talked to my hubby. Better wait on the live plants til we get greenhouse up. I bought an ounce of sour tsunami a couple weeks ago. Still sitting on it trying to figure out what to do next. Also, have two liters of ever clear. If you have a chance to walk me through what to do next I'd sure love it. And, if its not asking too much, how do I figure out the strength to determine dosage once I get a finished product? Thank you again, you have been a blessing today!

Start by reading this guide to making oil.
How to Make Cannabis Oil Medicine

The most important thing to pay attention to is that YOU MUST BOIL OFF THE ALCOHOL OUTSIDE! The vapor that will come off while you are boiling is extremely flammable and explosive if it builds up in a confined area.

For testing I take it to Analytical 360 in Seattle. It costs $60 but you are able to accurately evaluate your product when you do that.

For dosing, we give my son 3 mg/lbs/day. He is roughly 50 pounds, so he gets 150 mg per day. Most parents have found therapeutic doses between 2 and 6 mg/lbs/day.

I'm happy to chat through all of this with you and guide you through the process.

Hope this helps.

~DD

Thank you so much. I read the file and think I understand it. Couple questions come to mind. If I start with one ounce of bud, do you have a rough idea how much I'll end up with? So I know how many bottles I'll need? I understand covering it with ever clear, but need a guesstimate of how much oil to add. Does the lab tell me the strength then? So I'll know how many mgs per mls? Other things I've read suggest letting it soak for days. Do you think that would increase the potency or just waste my time? Last question, I have a propane canning stove outside, would it work, or be too flammable? Thanks again!

One more question: if you give 3-6 mgs per lb, ( say 90 lbs, so at 3mgs would be 270mgs) does that equate to real measurements on a scale? Would I divide my ounce into grams, into milligrams, then divide by 270mgs to get the total number of doses from an ounce? Maybe an ounce isn't too small to start with....hmmm. Thanks again.

Thank you so much. I read the file and think I understand it. Couple questions come to mind. If I start with one ounce of bud, do you have a rough idea how much I'll end up with? So I know how many bottles I'll need? I understand covering it with ever clear, but need a guesstimate of how much oil to add. Does the lab tell me the strength then? So I'll know how many mgs per mls? Other things I've read suggest letting it soak for days. Do you think that would increase the potency or just waste my time? Last question, I have a propane canning stove outside, would it work, or be too flammable? Thanks again!

OK, so first if you do a very thorough process of extracting the oil you'll probably get about 3 ml of pure cannabis oil out of the ounce. I normally wash my product at least three times in everclear. You don't have to leave it in for days. The everclear will reach a point of maximum saturation and it won't extract any more. The way I have done it is blending up the product in a cheap food processor, putting it into a large mason jar (quart or pint), and then you shake the jar up every couple of minutes to agitate the mixture and increase extraction. Then you filter and then boil down.

Guestimates on how much oil to add really depends on the exact characteristics of your product. 1 ounce equals 28349.5 milligrams. If your dry product was tested at say 11% CBD, then your product has an estimated 3118 mg of CBD total. That is assuming that you can get near complete extraction (not really possible without lab equipment). For the sake of argument we will assume that you get about 3000 mg of CBD extracted. For your child you may start around 2 mg/lbs/day, a dose of 180 mg CBD daily. I give two doses a day, one in the morning and one at night. That means you want 90 mg per dose, and getting your concentration close to 90 mg/ml is ideal because it is an easy amount to draw and it is not a lot of oil to have to get your child to take. Assuming you get about 3 ml of pure extract (all assumption, no guarantee) you'll have a pure extract with a concentration of about 1000 mg per ml. Divide 1000 mg total by 90 mg per dose and you'll get the number of doses in a single ml of pure concentrate, about 11 doses. If you add 10 ml of your chosen oil per each ml of pure concentrate you have, you would end up with each ML of that final mixture containing 90 mg of CBD. Obviously we'd want to fine tune these numbers for the exact product you have and the actual volume of pure concentrate you get. This is just a rough estimate.

By doing this kind of guestimate you should be able to get your oil into the right ballpark of concentration. Once the results come back you can do some simple math to increase the dilution to the right level or to adjust your actual dose volume to get the right amount of CBD. Realistically, if your ideal dose is 90 mg anything in the right area is going to likely be sufficient. So if your concentrate is 80 mg/ml or 100 mg/ml it should still be fine, especially at a starting does that is relatively low.

When you go to the lab, you want them to test the final product that you'll be giving to your child. If you are just going to give pure cannabis oil they will give you a percentage of CBD and THC. If you dilute it with oil they will give you the amount of mg per ml.

Propane canning stove, NO. You need to boil off the alcohol (boiling point 173.1°F), but if your heat gets too high you will start to break down or even boil off the CBD (boiling point 356 °F). Propane burns at 3,623 °F, and you can VERY easily have your temperature way too high. The method that I have used is to set up a double boiler using a rice cooker. I add water to the rice cooker, and then add my everclear mixture into mason jars and put them in the boiling water of the rice cooker. The effect of evaporative cooling as water boils away means that the temperature cannot get much higher than the boiling point of water, boiling point of 212°F. That is far enough north of the boiling point of alcohol that the alcohol will boil off, but way far enough below the boiling point of CBD to cause you to lose much if any of the medicine in the process. The double boiling method should also work with your propane canner, but the moment the water boils off, and that will happen much faster with your canner, the temperature will get very high very fast and could damage your medicine. Get a cheap rice cooker from Walmart of Amazon, they have a built in temperature protector so that it doesn't get too hot and burn rice. Also, add some boiling stones to your mason jars if you use my double boiling method. it will prevent flash boiling and losing your medicine to eruptions.

One more question: if you give 3-6 mgs per lb, ( say 90 lbs, so at 3mgs would be 270mgs) does that equate to real measurements on a scale? Would I divide my ounce into grams, into milligrams, then divide by 270mgs to get the total number of doses from an ounce? Maybe an ounce isn't too small to start with....hmmm. Thanks again.

An ounce is fine if you are running an initial test run. Previous paragraphs explained all the measuring stuff. There is a theoretical CBD content in your ounce and then there is what you will actually get. Without something like a soxhlet extractor you probably won't get perfect extraction, and you should not invest that much money in just an initial test run.

Feel free to ask any more questions. Growing I am no master, but the chemistry and science side of it I have a pretty good handle on.

you can also get a magical butter machine it has a tincture setting. I make topical tincture with 97% rubbing alcohol I just break down the cannabis and soak it at room temperature for a few weeks until its black. This is the best hand pain medicine on earth. I think the no heat method is the best it will retain the most cannabinods and the terpins. raw or dry will work just use ever clear. You can use oil and glycerin to , to make digestible forms of medicine.

Start by reading this guide to making oil.
How to Make Cannabis Oil Medicine

The most important thing to pay attention to is that YOU MUST BOIL OFF THE ALCOHOL OUTSIDE! The vapor that will come off while you are boiling is extremely flammable and explosive if it builds up in a confined area.

For testing I take it to Analytical 360 in Seattle. It costs $60 but you are able to accurately evaluate your product when you do that.

For dosing, we give my son 3 mg/lbs/day. He is roughly 50 pounds, so he gets 150 mg per day. Most parents have found therapeutic doses between 2 and 6 mg/lbs/day.

I'm happy to chat through all of this with you and guide you through the process.

Hope this helps.

~DD

The 420 forum administrator changed my link to a post here on the forum with out talking to me first. Their link suggests using naphtha as a solvent which I don't believe is safe. We're talking about medicine for children and even small amounts of naphtha can be very dangerous. Please do take this link in my post as any sort of recommendation by me. I'd NEVER make oil with naphtha/benzine for a child.

Back
Top Bottom