Ace Panama, Groot, In High Brix

Hey there @Gazoo , happy to have you aboard! So far, with the root builder pot, I have noticed it drys out pretty fast. With an oscillating fan going 24/7 it seems all the extra holes in the side cause it dry significantly faster than a typical 1 gal. But hey, thats ok I will make it work this round and if I decide I dont like it I just won't use it again.

Hey there @Graytail , hope you're doing well! Happy to see you around here...

Thanks @neikodog , I'm hoping with a bit of luck, some occasional help, and @Doc Bud 's awesome kit, I will turnout some awesome produce here.

Nice I think the faster drying is a good thing, for me I like to feed more often than the typical
plastic pot allows so looking forward to this when I get to use mine :)

High hopes for these pots :goodjob:

Nice I think the faster drying is a good thing, for me I like to feed more often than the typical
plastic pot allows so looking forward to this when I get to use mine :)

High hopes for these pots :goodjob:

Nice, same here Gazoo. That’s why I follow Doc in the 1 gal water for 7gal pots... it may not completely saturate, but that’s ok. It allows me to drench more often, which I can’t see is a bad thing! This Panama is really taking off now! Hope you have a great day Gazoo!

Nice, same here Gazoo. That’s why I follow Doc in the 1 gal water for 7gal pots... it may not completely saturate, but that’s ok. It allows me to drench more often, which I can’t see is a bad thing! This Panama is really taking off now! Hope you have a great day Gazoo!

Same :high-five:, using 1 gal H2O 7gal pot & 1 and a Quarter gal H2O in my 10 which btw will be
my new size going forward. I notice a Huge improvement using the 10's

:thumb:

EDIT: Huge IMPROVEMENT may not be the best way to say that since the
7 gal is Running Great, I guess you have to see them side by side but
BIGGER pot means less worry

Same :high-five:, using 1 gal H2O 7gal pot & 1 and a Quarter gal H2O in my 10 which btw will be
my new size going forward. I notice a Huge improvement using the 10's

:thumb:

EDIT: Huge IMPROVEMENT may not be the best way to say that since the
7 gal is Running Great, I guess you have to see them side by side but
BIGGER pot means less worry

Yes sir, I plan on putting Groot into a 10... but the run after that may be a 15. But honestly, I dont know if my tent could contain a vigorous plant in a 15 even with lots of training. Could get crazy in there. We shall see!

I stepped up to 10's for 2 turns. The plants were fantastic and the ride was wild and fun...but I'm back in 7's for now. Plants are still on point, but more manageable and fits my needs/routine to a "T". I don't do much training and a couple times I had long-flowering strains that kept growing up as well.

Yes sir, this Panama is a 9-12 week strain. Should do well in a 10gal, or do you think I should do 7gal with any longer running stains to help with height? I also have some Destroyer seeds, those are 12-14... Any advice on long running strains would be most welcome. The Panama may not be a problem, its only gonna run 2-3 weeks longer than most I have already run. The one I an the most concerned about is the Destroyer. I hope you're having a great day Gov!

I stepped up to 10's for 2 turns. The plants were fantastic and the ride was wild and fun...but I'm back in 7's for now. Plants are still on point, but more manageable and fits my needs/routine to a "T". I don't do much training and a couple times I had long-flowering strains that kept growing up as well.

Thanks good to know, I am way to new to the KIT to make a really good judgment call
and would actually rather do THREE 7 gal pots instead of the 2 TEN'S. But for now looks
like, for me, being New to this that I see better results, greener longer IN the bigger size Pot,
but that could just be the strain/plant getting hooked up faster ?

Yes sir, this Panama is a 9-12 week strain. Should do well in a 10gal, or do you think I should do 7gal with any longer running stains to help with height? I also have some Destroyer seeds, those are 12-14... Any advice on long running strains would be most welcome. The Panama may not be a problem, its only gonna run 2-3 weeks longer than most I have already run. The one I an the most concerned about is the Destroyer. I hope you're having a great day Gov!

Thanks daj. Regarding longer-running strains, I'd say hit Neiko. He's done some 25+ week strains that never wanted to stop. I'm doing 4 Panama (+) right now that shouldn't run longer than 10-11. I'm running them in 7's eventually, but right now they're in the 1's

Thanks good to know, I am way to new to the KIT to make a really good judgment call
and would actually rather do THREE 7 gal pots instead of the 2 TEN'S. But for now looks
like, for me, being New to this that I see better results, greener longer IN the bigger size Pot,
but that could just be the strain/plant getting hooked up faster ?

Could be a contributor for sure. Early on, I had some plants fade mid-bloom and learned the specific strains and their particular preferences. I isolated to 2 strains for a year and got them dialed in. That made it easier for me to see what each item in the kit does and how my particular plants respond to them.

Awesome, thanks Gov. I’m sure Neiko will come around soon and share his experience, at least I hope so:) You have a journal goin? I’d love to check out your Panama (+)
What is that exactly with the + and where’d ya get em?

Ah wait... just got it. The + means feminized, right?

I got these from Ziggy a few years ago. He ran some Panama and open-pollenated. He told me it could be a true Panama, Malawi cross or a Golden Tiger cross. Either way sounded like a winner. They're reg beans too and I'm pretty sure one is a male. But I wanted (needed) some sativas in my garden to do some cobs. Ace gear seemed the way to go.

Awesome, thanks Gov. I’m sure Neiko will come around soon and share his experience, at least I hope so:) You have a journal goin? I’d love to check out your Panama (+)
What is that exactly with the + and where’d ya get em?

Ah wait... just got it. The + means feminized, right?
The + means it comes from Ziggs and that he was unsure of the pollen donor.

Gov beat me to the punch and gave you better info! :)

Thanks daj. Regarding longer-running strains, I'd say hit Neiko. He's done some 25+ week strains that never wanted to stop. I'm doing 4 Panama (+) right now that shouldn't run longer than 10-11. I'm running them in 7's eventually, but right now they're in the 1's

Could be a contributor for sure. Early on, I had some plants fade mid-bloom and learned the specific strains and their particular preferences. I isolated to 2 strains for a year and got them dialed in. That made it easier for me to see what each item in the kit does and how my particular plants respond to them.
I have zero experience growing sativas, but did come across a nugget from a breeder growing them on IG. They stated with longer flowering strains they start them immediately on 12/12. Just thought I'd share

I got these from Ziggy a few years ago. He ran some Panama and open-pollenated. He told me it could be a true Panama, Malawi cross or a Golden Tiger cross. Either way sounded like a winner. They're reg beans too and I'm pretty sure one is a male. But I wanted (needed) some sativas in my garden to do some cobs. Ace gear seemed the way to go.

He had a Zamaldelica and a Purple Haze in there, too. I've run a couple Zam+, one Malawi-leaner and one Panama, I think. And I did three GT+s, one was Malawi for sure, another was short and fast, and the third is still blooming at 22 weeks so far - had to be a Purple Haze cross, but no purple, so just Original Haze. :)

It looks like crap but it's the righteous old herb itself! :slide: All sativa, and all buzz, with a startlingly good punch. I'm an experienced smoker but I'm sure it would make a normal person stupid for a few minutes, and the post-rush buzz lasts and lasts. It's one of the strongest sativas I've had.

It has at least another week, maybe two, but it's in pretty good shape and that's what I was going to offer from my experience with it. I had to leave for Jamaica for 8 days and it wasn't close to finish, so I upcanned it from 6 to 15 gallons, soaked it down, and it really went well! I'm going to do that the next time I find a wild fluffy sativa in my garden - upcan it into something truly large after a month (or two) in bloom. For this one, it was 8 weeks, with another 15 weeks before finish. It never would have made it in a 6 gallon pot.

Do you recall when you got your Destroyers? I ran mine in 2014 and it grew like a typical hybrid - finished in 10 weeks, tops. Panama shouldn't be a stretcher either - I think it was Panama Haze that was trouble. My Panamas finished at 10 weeks, so rest easy. But definitely give long running strains more dirt, especially sativas.

Awesome info everyone! Love it!

Do you recall when you got your Destroyers? I ran mine in 2014 and it grew like a typical hybrid - finished in 10 weeks, tops. Panama shouldn't be a stretcher either - I think it was Panama Haze that was trouble. My Panamas finished at 10 weeks, so rest easy. But definitely give long running strains more dirt, especially sativas.
I got my Destroyer late last year, 12/27/17 to be exact. Just found that invoice. So they are newer...
I hope that panama isn't a stretcher! But if it is, I will figure a way to acamodate it!!
Thanks Grayrtail!

You should be fine with the Panama. It doesn't stretch like the Panama Haze. The Panama's I've run finished in 10-12 weeks. For strains that want to run 12+ I do a 2nd recharge. Doc has recently suggested I use 3rd run amendment for 2nd or 3rd recharge. I do the 1st recharge like normal, around week 3 then the 2nd at week 8 and a 3rd at week 13 if I know it longer than 16 weeks. For the really stretchy ones I will top them a couple days before I flip them. That right there has made a big difference in controlling them and seems to increase yield.

You should be fine with the Panama. It doesn't stretch like the Panama Haze. The Panama's I've run finished in 10-12 weeks. For strains that want to run 12+ I do a 2nd recharge. Doc has recently suggested I use 3rd run amendment for 2nd or 3rd recharge. I do the 1st recharge like normal, around week 3 then the 2nd at week 8 and a 3rd at week 13 if I know it longer than 16 weeks. For the really stretchy ones I will top them a couple days before I flip them. That right there has made a big difference in controlling them and seems to increase yield.

Awesome @neikodog , great info. Thank you for sharing, thank everyone for sharing! I’ll be coping
Your post and pasting it in my notes! Much appreciated.

Awesome @neikodog , great info. Thank you for sharing, thank everyone for sharing! I’ll be coping
Your post and pasting it in my notes! Much appreciated.
Very good info guys! :nomo: Are they ever going to bring reps back?

Back
Top Bottom