Ace Panama, Groot, In High Brix

Congratulations Daj! :welldone::goodjob::bravo::yahoo:

I, for one, am envious. :)

... although ... 15+ weeks? ... sheesh ... fun to watch though, huh?

A great time to chop 'er, too. It looks like she was growing bigger sugar leaves, getting ready to stretch some more.

:Namaste::bongrip:

full
Thank ya Gray, I appreciate the kind words! Yes sir, that was a long haul for me... I couldn't imagine having a 20+ week strain. She was fun to watch indeed, and next time I grow this out I will be sure to take it easy on her in early and mid flower! Perfect time to chop indeed, didn't need anymore stretch! Thanks again Gray, oh you see that pink in there... on those Destroyer buds? I was surprised, it was hard to see in the tent... took her out and got some better light on her and saw all this pink, pretty cool.
Daj, that is a great harvest for sure. You are going to have to put some side extensions in the Ctron just to get it in there. Ya, you need to do it whole that would be so flippin cool.

Congrats again on a stellar grow.
Word Meds, thats gonna be a long cob! But I am excited to do it, will be fun having a big ass cob like that. I will also be cobbing some of those lower buds so I have a cob from the top and from the bottom of the plant. Good times!

Great job Daj, that Destroyer is awesome! I bet the smoke is incredible. :bravo:

Hey there Neiko, thanks you sir! Yes, the sample I took a couple days before harvest is indeed pretty awesome. I will need to try some once dried and cured a bit to give a proper opinion on it. But my first impressions are that it is a good clean high, not as racy as the Panama, but still uplifting. Has a nice fruity smell as best I can describe, and although the buds seem a bit fluffy, they burn slow and long.

Thanks for stopping in everyone! And thank you all for your kind words!

Ok gang, I’ll say it up front, I’m pretty disappointed in the yields with both of these plants.
And for some reason the first Violeta I planted stalled, upon closer inspection I noticed some thinning or the stem down close to the soil... was all brown and drying up. So I pulled that one, and proceeded to plant a new seed in the plug the last one grew in... almost a week and nothing... gently pulled material away and found a squishy mess.
So needless to say, I think I will take a break from journaling for a while. I will close this one out with the final weights.
But before we get to that, I would like to thank 420 and all the sponsors for the great gifts I received thanks to all you here helping and providing valuable input all the way, thank you everyone for your help and support!! I really appreciate the win, though I’m still suffering from imposter syndrome...

Ok, so although the Destroyer only yielded 5.5oz (not including maybe an oz or so in cob) they are some pretty frosty buds... and they burn very slow already without cure. It’s a good clean head high, not as energetic as the Panama, but close and way more flavorful for sure. But that could be I was able to slow the drying a bit more on the Destroyer helping retain more terps.
The Panama, for reference, yielded around 8oz I believe.
The CD-1 only came to 2oz even... these buds are plenty frosty and very smelly! I hope my wife will try some in a clean pipe... instead of turning it all into oil...
Not much else to say, I hope everyone has a great day!!

Thank you for joining me here, and helping me along the way!! I appreciate you all very much.

Hard to say good bye to this journal, but I feel it’s a good time:thanks::hug::circle-of-love:

Yup..wat Jgrow just said. Thanks 119 for sharing your grow with all us mis, fits , ner de wells! Your Destroyer , we'le be seing again ...hopefully in POTM. She deserves the attention,..you did a great job with her and exercised extreme patience with her and she rewarded you ..i'm very happy for your grow 119..great job. Don't be a stranger MR! cheers.:bravo::welldone::thanks::high-five:

Hey Daj! Great job and congrats on the harvest! We fully support your decision to take a break from journaling but I must say, arent you glad you did a couple journals!? Don't let a tiny little setback like a couple seedling/germ issues phase you! It happens to the best of us! You won JOTM and had a nice following so keep that in mind and don't take too long of a break, we're all looking forward to your next journal!

:passitleft:

Thank you all for the kind words, so appreciated today...
No worries, I will be back soon. Hell I may even change my mind and start a new journal soon.
Losing 6-8 seeds (some gifted, some bought) isn't fun. I have tried a few different germination techniques but it seems as soon as I put them in the soil they just give up. This soil should be fine, has been cooking for a few months now, second run... I just dont get it. Since the second Violeta seed didn't come up, and I only have one more... I decided to try and pop one of the Ace fem freebies. Never had so much trouble germinating seed ffs.
The main issue with all the setbacks is I could easily run out of smoke before another plant is ready. I tried some Star pupil seeds well over a month ago, might even be in flower now if they had taken. But I don't wanna continue to complain...

Thanks again everyone!

Well, that’s why I am using those rapid rooter plugs. So the seeds aren’t touching the soil... I don’t have anymore straight PM, no room (or cash) for another bail. I can’t get it locally... I’ll see about ordering a small bag of it, I just cant afford to keep spending money on this and that. Dont understand why the soil is like that, I though most started straight in soil or in plugs in soil. You're the only one I have see say specifically to use plain promix, it makes sense but why is the soil so hot? Doc uses plugs now, but in his mix... not straight pm. Doesn't make sense man... Oh and its not like I lost all those in a row or anything, it was 1 seed here and there over the last few months.
Anyway, thanks Duggs!

I have just found starting off in straight PM is way more forgiving ,as our soil can get too hot for seed starts....especially when its past first run. A few yrs ago i had 3rd run soil eat seed after seed before i wised up .....ever since then i go with straight pm ....just a few inches ...on top of your cooked stuff in the same pot... you...understand 119.

I feel you about always having something to spend money on. I just had to buy EWC (not a huge deal because I can get it locally) and even worse a CMH bulb. I have blown like 4 in the last year and a half or so. Pretty frustrating considering they are $100 each. Keep your chin up bud things will work out for the best at some point. This is one reason i keep clones, If I can not get a seed to start I already have a plant ready to go.

Hi dajerm,

Thank you for sharing your journal with us. We all learn together. Take some time, get some plants going, and share photos at any of our journals. When your ready to start another journal, let us know, and we’ll be there!:)

One thing that caught my eye, you stated that one plant, Violeta, got mushy at the stem base, so you pulled it and planted a seed in the same hole. That Violeta probably succumbed to “damping off” which is caused by a fungal infection. Planting a seed back in that inoculated plug, was a death sentence.

I’ve been having approximately 80% seed germination in 1st thru 3rd run soils, following Docs recommendations mostly, which I picked up on last year. (I tend to go back through Docs instructions from time to time, and seem to always pick up something I missed before...). I use cooked soil in 1 gallon pots packed firm, water it real good to get lots of runoff (like 6-8 cups), (this leeches, and tempers some of the potential “hotness” of the soil), top off with more damp soil if it compresses after the watering, (you want a full pot of soil), then I dust with a teaspoon of roots for seeds, or a tablespoon if it is a clone in a plug, (this is my measurement), and note that the soil being so wet, the Roots powder absorbs it quickly and goes from light gray to dark, then I plant the seed 1/4 inch down, making sure it is lightly tamped to have good seed to soil contact. This next part really boosts the germ rate, using a heat mat under the pots, until the plants are up for a week or two.

The organism that causes Damping off thrives when the soil is wet and cool.

Not saying your way or anyone elses way is wrong, just sharing what I have had success with, and low and behold, I learned it from Doc!:passitleft:

Have a great day Bud!:high-five:

Nice, thanks DL. Did I say it had a mushy stem? If I did that is not correct, it had a spot that was thin and brown, kept getting thinner and the seedling wasn't growing so I pulled it.
I have actually had a seedling die from damping off... and planted another right in its places and it came up ok. But I see what you're saying... And I was actually thinking of getting another seedling mat, or pulling the one from the Tron for a while... really low on cash right now so I have no money spend ATM.

Thanks for the tips, I will definitely try these out when I plant my next seed!
I hope you have a great day as well:passitleft:

Hi dajerm,

Thank you for sharing your journal with us. We all learn together. Take some time, get some plants going, and share photos at any of our journals. When your ready to start another journal, let us know, and we’ll be there!:)

One thing that caught my eye, you stated that one plant, Violeta, got mushy at the stem base, so you pulled it and planted a seed in the same hole. That Violeta probably succumbed to “damping off” which is caused by a fungal infection. Planting a seed back in that inoculated plug, was a death sentence.

I’ve been having approximately 80% seed germination in 1st thru 3rd run soils, following Docs recommendations mostly, which I picked up on last year. (I tend to go back through Docs instructions from time to time, and seem to always pick up something I missed before...). I use cooked soil in 1 gallon pots packed firm, water it real good to get lots of runoff (like 6-8 cups), (this leeches, and tempers some of the potential “hotness” of the soil), top off with more damp soil if it compresses after the watering, (you want a full pot of soil), then I dust with a teaspoon of roots for seeds, or a tablespoon if it is a clone in a plug, (this is my measurement), and note that the soil being so wet, the Roots powder absorbs it quickly and goes from light gray to dark, then I plant the seed 1/4 inch down, making sure it is lightly tamped to have good seed to soil contact. This next part really boosts the germ rate, using a heat mat under the pots, until the plants are up for a week or two.

The organism that causes Damping off thrives when the soil is wet and cool.

Not saying your way or anyone elses way is wrong, just sharing what I have had success with, and low and behold, I learned it from Doc!:passitleft:

Have a great day Bud!:high-five:

Awesome Dopy! I do pretty much the same thing, I don't have a heat mat so I hang a curly CFL light right above the soil which keeps it warm and there is light when she pops above the soil. I've had a really great germ rate. I dd get a few really funky seedlings but not sure if that had anything to do with the soil!?!? Slurry with no serrated leaves, culled, star pupil all twisted, made it but was very slow grower and wound up culling and Sugar cane aka Crinkle puss which I took to harvest and is now the bosses favorite meds! Al that said, I'm gonna try duggans method next time and add some straight pro mix on top, a little worried being on 3rd run and the soil will have been sitting for quite some time due to my break.

Great advice about journaling! Daj, take a break or don't, we'll be here brother!

:passitleft:

Yea I actually leave the fan off so it’s not blowing on the soil all day making it cooler. It’s always 78f in there and the light is about a foot away. Always worked great before, suddenly not so much... only thing that changed was this is second run soil. So I’ve been using those plugs... still not great... I do have Pupil Magoo looking great though, very thick, very dark green leaves. Cool plant so far. Hoping this Ace mix seed comes up... no thrilling what it’ll be! But I bet some of you guys could help guess it out.

Edit: to add that I only leave that fan off until it pops out... then it’s on low and oscillating.

Back
Top Bottom