Well I am fairly short :laughtwo:

Cheers Duggs :passitleft:

So let me run this by you Ace growing folk. AS I’d so love to be an Ace growing folk myself, and since I have the opportunity to choose some things from the Seedsman range of seeds (not many - but some), I have an idea :idea:

There’s a non Ace strain I have to buy, but with what’s left, I can get the Ace mystery feminised pack. Then I could run a whole lot of mystery grows :battingeyelashes: and we could all have some fun trying to pick what they are (starting with much dubious ‘from the seed’ indentifying I’m sure). What’d ya say? I think I’m gonna do it - I’d just get Panama if I could afford it, but it just doesnt fit in the cart alongside the other essential. The mystery pack would be a hoot! Yeah - just talked myself into it... thanks folks :ganjamon:

Edit: I said ‘dubious’ there... I did read some interesting posts by a member on an Australian cannabis forum once who claimed to be working on a huge database of strain to seed correlation and was certain he could already identify many (he was a retired botanist, by his own description). So maybe that’s dubious, and maybe it’s not. I don’t really know. Sue did say something recently about indica/sativa difference in seeds. Maybe it is a thing.
I've noticed that the pure sativas tend to be really tiny seeds where the indica/hybrid seeds are much larger and "nicer" looking. That's about all I've noticed.
I have that freebie mix pack too. I think there is one that is tropical sativas and one that is a mix of hybrids and indicas. I believe they may include some R&D strains or unreleased strains in those packs too. Get the mix and post pics, Dubi will be able to tell you what they are.

Sounds like some good advice there from Neiko.
I too have noticed that my Sativas, or even Sativa leaning seeds, tend to be smaller, not much color or design. Indices usually larger, darker, sometimes with the tiger striping.
I would definitely like to hear more opinions from others, and would be very interested in any scientific research/evidence on the subject.
Just my two cents.

I've noticed that the pure sativas tend to be really tiny seeds where the indica/hybrid seeds are much larger and "nicer" looking. That's about all I've noticed.
I have that freebie mix pack too. I think there is one that is tropical sativas and one that is a mix of hybrids and indicas. I believe they may include some R&D strains or unreleased strains in those packs too. Get the mix and post pics, Dubi will be able to tell you what they are.

:thumb:

Yes,...i have noticed this too. Sativa seeds always seem to be small , and almost look immature , compared to big bad Indica seeds! Something i thought was cool , when i heard it was , the whole volcano , female seed discussion thing. I tried it when i grew out those Maple Leaf Indica seeds and they turned out to be females , so it was/is true, at least with the ones i grew. Cheers gang!

Wow 2 months hey? They look very healthy and happy, nice job!
They're really surprising, and their description sounded perfect for my grow environment. I was a little worry how they'd do in the dry season, but these pics were shortly after 105-110 f heat for a week straight. This strain is no joke, and they have it stabilized to F8. My only worry is the 15-18% thc analysis, but they will probably do well as hash plants from the pics I saw.

They're really surprising, and their description sounded perfect for my grow environment. I was a little worry how they'd do in the dry season, but these pics were shortly after 105-110 f heat for a week straight. This strain is no joke, and they have it stabilized to F8. My only worry is the 15-18% thc analysis, but they will probably do well as hash plants from the pics I saw.
15-18% thc with the right terpene profile will feel much stronger. I'd be happy with that. One of my favorite strains is 14% thc with 2% Terps. The high is fantastic.

Yes,...i have noticed this too. Sativa seeds always seem to be small , and almost look immature , compared to big bad Indica seeds! Something i thought was cool , when i heard it was , the whole volcano , female seed discussion thing. I tried it when i grew out those Maple Leaf Indica seeds and they turned out to be females , so it was/is true, at least with the ones i grew. Cheers gang!
Yep - I’ve had 95% success rate with that male-female volcano thing.

I’ll try to find the posts I was mentioning about the guy who is on a bit of a mission with this seed identifying thing. It was more than a year ago that I read it and I couldn’t tell if it sounded like hogwash or not. I’ve learnt a lot since then... so am curious to check it again :)

Yep - I’ve had 95% success rate with that male-female volcano thing.

I’ll try to find the posts I was mentioning about the guy who is on a bit of a mission with this seed identifying thing. It was more than a year ago that I read it and I couldn’t tell if it sounded like hogwash or not. I’ve learnt a lot since then... so am curious to check it again :)
I have 4 babies that I tried the volcano method. I had perfect volcanoes on all of them so we'll see. I had success on three the last time I tried it.

test smoke report on the Panama1 I had to pick early.

It of course dried to fast for my liking, 4 days, but was caught at 62% right off the hangers into a tin.
Smoked one this afternoon and was surprised how stony it was for a sativa picked early at 8.5 weeks, and a weeks cure.

I picked the other Panama2 the other day at 9.5 weeks. I don't think the buds will end up red, but the stems of this one were totally red most of the way, she looks frostier than the P1, but was only 166 wet and the P1 was 280 wet.

Back
Top Bottom