test smoke report on the Panama1 I had to pick early.

It of course dried to fast for my liking, 4 days, but was caught at 62% right off the hangers into a tin.
Smoked one this afternoon and was surprised how stony it was for a sativa picked early at 8.5 weeks, and a weeks cure.

I picked the other Panama2 the other day at 9.5 weeks. I don't think the buds will end up red, but the stems of this one were totally red most of the way, she looks frostier than the P1, but was only 166 wet and the P1 was 280 wet.
I find the Panama Red really stony.

From all I have seen the Panama is a bit narcotic. I do believe there were some indica genes introduced to the panama line somewhere along the line. Not by ACE mind you but by the people growing the line in Panama originally.
Yep, when I smoke some of my Panama, at first, after the first toke of the day I have lots of energy, clear mind... but after I go back for a second session... I usually get tired... not too bad but a little. Definitely feel the more narcotic effect second time around. When I smile the white Window it’s very relaxing and makes me a bit sleepy with the first toke of the day... second session will usually put me to sleep!

From all I have seen the Panama is a bit narcotic. I do believe there were some indica genes introduced to the panama line somewhere along the line. Not by ACE mind you but by the people growing the line in Panama originally.
It's 100% sativa. It's a cross of a red point Columbian with two Panama, a red one and a green one. It's originally from Cannabiogen's Panama seed stock.

The red pheno just comes out dreamy and narcotic. The green pheno is very speedy.

They're really surprising, and their description sounded perfect for my grow environment. I was a little worry how they'd do in the dry season, but these pics were shortly after 105-110 f heat for a week straight. This strain is no joke, and they have it stabilized to F8. My only worry is the 15-18% thc analysis, but they will probably do well as hash plants from the pics I saw.

We've been trained by prohibition to think high THC is the ticket. Try balancing it with some CBD and you have a completely different, and often more enjoyable buzz.

Lovely plants Fertilizer. :battingeyelashes:

Yep, when I smoke some of my Panama, at first, after the first toke of the day I have lots of energy, clear mind... but after I go back for a second session... I usually get tired... not too bad but a little. Definitely feel the more narcotic effect second time around. When I smile the white Window it’s very relaxing and makes me a bit sleepy with the first toke of the day... second session will usually put me to sleep!

This is exactly what happens if you second dose a cob that was energetic. Hmmm...... somethings going on here in our metabolic response that we don't fully comprehend.

I thought the Panama x Malawi was pretty great, it never left me feeling too drowsy, but it was still relaxing.

I love that canna print you did for background. You've reignited my desire to give this simple stamping method a closer look. :battingeyelashes:

I'm all caught up again. Lol! Stopped to drop some sweet pictures of this magnificent Zamaldelica X Panama that's gracing one of my tents.

I still have another month until tear down. She looks like she'll make it in time. I have her under a 10/14 light schedule to hustle her along.

They're really surprising, and their description sounded perfect for my grow environment. I was a little worry how they'd do in the dry season, but these pics were shortly after 105-110 f heat for a week straight. This strain is no joke, and they have it stabilized to F8. My only worry is the 15-18% thc analysis, but they will probably do well as hash plants from the pics I saw.
What's wrong with 15-18% THC?

I love that canna print you did for background. You've reignited my desire to give this simple stamping method a closer look. :battingeyelashes:
I love this too @TheFertilizer. Don’t want to drag things off topic, but if either of you could tell me where I can see what this ‘stamping’ method is, that would be great :)

What's wrong with 15-18% THC?
I have been using predominantly 20-25% and above stuff for so long that jumping down to 15% would make it trickier to get to the right therapeutic dose, without just "smoking more until I'm high" type of measuring. I'm used to smoking a bowl and being in the right place, when I have tried 15% or unknown potency, I either have to sit there taking a drag and waiting a bit to see if I need more, or just risk over shooting and smoking two. Either way it's more of a convenience factor. Trying to grt a consistent dose when your medicine's potency is inconsistent is tricky, especially since all the other cannabinoids and terpenoids shift around as well. At least the THC percentage at least gives one consistent metric to track.

Of course the THC percentages themselves are also dubious, which is why I express and consider everything in ranges. Everything I have grown and analyzed has been in the 20-25% range, and I have bought a lot of different ranges from the store, so I'm pretty familiar with the fact that something rated 27% might get me just as stoned as something rated 12%. A lot of it comes down to other cannabinoids and terpenoids like I already mentioned, but a lot of people have casted shade on the labs and processors for "spiking" samples. If you talk to analytical labs, they will tell you it's because the THC percentage varies on the same plant, even on the same bud.

But I go off what I have had analyzed, and what the breeder tells me, and I see my stuff at 20-25% range, and the breeder tells me theirs is in the 15-18% range, all that tells me is I may notice a significant change in strength. It's still ballparking it, but it's better than a stab in the dark.

Plus I trust ACE because they said their Panama x Malawi would be inbetween 20-24% which is what I am familiar with. It certainly smoked as I expected, so I think there is some merit to tracking THC. Y'know, beyond the typical merits of trying to get super baked :ganjamon:

Didn't you know, in order to be top shelf it has to be 29%+. Anything less is mids at best. Numbers in the teens may as well be mexi-shwag. Get with the times Stank! :rofl::rofl:

Lol and if it says “outdoor flower” avoid it at all costs it’s worse than shwag. :rolleyes::rofl:

Flowers are for hippies! It's all about 99% THCA crystals now. :nomo: ;)

We've been trained by prohibition to think high THC is the ticket. Try balancing it with some CBD and you have a completely different, and often more enjoyable buzz.

Lovely plants Fertilizer. :battingeyelashes:

I haven't noticed a significant difference in relief when trying CBD strains. I primarily treat nausea/cyclic-vomiting and PTSD/anxiety. My doctor for cyclic vomiting says to use high doses of THC to abort an episode. Meanwhile my doctor that wrote my authorization told me most PTSD sufferers reported more relief with THC than CBD so that's why I focus on it. Plus it's harder to find good deals on CBD rich strains at the stores, and I haven't wanted to try to grow one of my own for several reasons--uncertainty of its benefit for me, as well as uncertainty I would get a high CBD pheno since I don't have access to clones.

But I know the way other terpenoids and cannabinoids play their part. I personally like to mix a high-THC concentrate onto some flower if I need that "breakthrough" dose to prevent vomiting. I have tried 100% THC distillates that didn't have any effect, but some 78% BHO on top of flower works wonders thanks to the fuller terpenoid and cannabinoid profile. Bangi Haze's terp profile looked like it had a lot of myrcene and pinene too, so hoping it will help my anxiety.

Thanks! I will tell my gf you like it, she decided to use the leaves from trimming. Makes a terrific backdrop for photos.

I love this too @TheFertilizer. Don’t want to drag things off topic, but if either of you could tell me where I can see what this ‘stamping’ method is, that would be great :)

From what I saw my gf do, she painted the leaf in latex paint, dabbed a bit of the excess on paper towels, then stamped the canvas with them. She wasn't sure they'd actually come out. The leaves were freshey trimmed, so were still supple.

As an aside on the subject of THC...

Does it seem to anyone but me the cannabis industry has maligned THC from being a medicine to being merely an inebrient? I keep reading magazines describing CBD as the "medicinal part of cannabis" and that makes a pretty big implication that THC isn't

Didn't you know, in order to be top shelf it has to be 29%+. Anything less is mids at best. Numbers in the teens may as well be mexi-shwag. Get with the times Stank! :rofl::rofl:
Yeah I have a friend of mine that brings that dispensary shit over with those fancy labels and numbers, many of them with the numbers in the 20s%. I smoke em, feel good for 30 minutes then the ride is over. Shit weed really regardless what the numbers say. I have a jar full of dispensary weed over 20% that I just don't even bother with.

I smoke any of my stuff.....doesn't matter what.....and I am good for 3+ hours and a hell of a lot higher than I am from any of that high % dispensary shit.

Lol and if it says “outdoor flower” avoid it at all costs it’s worse than shwag. :rolleyes::rofl:
:rofl: Yeah you can almost not give outdoor away around here at this point. Which is funny since even 5 years ago everyone would go crazy for harvest season. I have smoked some killer outdoor weed but will admit that my climate is not the best for it. We do not have sunshine like Cali does and it is pretty wet most of the budding season. Some pull it off very well others produce mediocre produce. At the same time it is still better than anything bricked up and filled with seeds that used to sell for even more than the outdoor does now.

Yeah I have a friend of mine that brings that dispensary shit over with those fancy labels and numbers, many of them with the numbers in the 20s%. I smoke em, feel good for 30 minutes then the ride is over. Shit weed really regardless what the numbers say. I have a jar full of dispensary weed over 20% that I just don't even bother with.

I smoke any of my stuff.....doesn't matter what.....and I am good for 3+ hours and a hell of a lot higher than I am from any of that high % dispensary shit.
I have only smoked dispensary weed a couple of times. Back when I had a tolerance I smoked some OG Kush a buddy got from a dispensary as a sample when they had just opened. It was awful. I could get better bud from my friends for less money. As Fertilzer stated terpenes and other cannabinoids play a larger role than a lot of people give them credit for. i have heard that a lot of dispensary bud smells and tastes the same and that it is lacking in both areas. I have to wonder if that is why it seems so meh to most people.

@TheFertilizer I am glad you have found a way to dose as consistently as possible. I only jest about the mids and everything because I see it mentioned too often. If people cant get FUBAR off one hit they call it trash. I see more and more people going for dessert strains now than gas/skunk strains as well and calling anything that does not fit into their box mids or shwag. It is funny how the strains that have helped build the cannabis culture are no longer good enough for the people smoking and growing. Without these strains a lot of the newer ones would never have been developed.

You mean like that Northern Lights that I grew? Supposedly in the 17% range according to the breeder. I smoked a bowl of it last night about 1am as I was preparing for bed. Ms Stank woke me up on the couch at about 4am and I had no clue what happened. One minute I plopped down on the couch after puffing to watch a couple minutes of the idiot box and the next thing I know I was out! Seems that antique strain thats only pulling around 17% knocked me out cold. Not a lot of strains can do that to me. I haven't been able to find a night time strain to do this to me consistently until now. Every once in a while I smoke some BCP and it will do a pretty good job, but not nearly as well as this NL is doing.

I have honestly gotten to the point where I don't even bother really paying attention to the THC % anymore. Plus I don't trust those numbers the breeder puts out. How many plants did they have tested to find one that they could claim "25%". How many plants had far less than that number? Any smoke screens they can use to try and sell their gear, they will use.

I get it for those that use flower to make concentrates. Sure, higher % means a higher yield. But for me, I care more about the high and the effects than I do the %.

Yup I said something similar recently about the numbers breeders claim and how it is just a sales tactic that they use. Choosing the highest test results even if it is only 1 out of 10 plants that put those numbers down. Not to mention many labs will boost numbers for the same reason. The more high test results they post, the more likely people are to use them. I will say that I have kind of stayed away from ACE's PCK due to the low THC values. It seems like it is a better breeding tool than anything. One day I will stop being a snob and run it. That will mean needing to buy some seeds which I do not plan to do any time soon lol.

You mean like that Northern Lights that I grew? Supposedly in the 17% range according to the breeder. I smoked a bowl of it last night about 1am as I was preparing for bed. Ms Stank woke me up on the couch at about 4am and I had no clue what happened. One minute I plopped down on the couch after puffing to watch a couple minutes of the idiot box and the next thing I know I was out! Seems that antique strain thats only pulling around 17% knocked me out cold. Not a lot of strains can do that to me. I haven't been able to find a night time strain to do this to me consistently until now. Every once in a while I smoke some BCP and it will do a pretty good job, but not nearly as well as this NL is doing.

I have honestly gotten to the point where I don't even bother really paying attention to the THC % anymore. Plus I don't trust those numbers the breeder puts out. How many plants did they have tested to find one that they could claim "25%". How many plants had far less than that number? Any smoke screens they can use to try and sell their gear, they will use.

I get it for those that use flower to make concentrates. Sure, higher % means a higher yield. But for me, I care more about the high and the effects than I do the %.
I think that breeder was listing a conservative estimate. NL has a pretty wide range from what I have seen.

I feel safer looking at the THC rating for an estimate of a strain's effects than relying on ambiguous feelings and anecdotes. I have been lead astray too many times paying attention to anecsotal experiences.

Of course anecdotes do have merit, that's how selective breeding worked all the years before analysis was common-- we relied on anecdote before analysis. However if you look at the strains that were developed and selectively bred before analysis was common, they all have upwardly trending THC levels in common by coincidence. They were reinforacing traits that gave desirable effects based on anecdotal experiences, and one of those traits happened to be high THC, and that was happening before lab analysis was commonly available. Once it was available it only really affirmed that high THC was having a desirable effect.

Now they have tried to streamline the process by growing out and selecting phenotypes based on which produces highest levels of THC. So all these new hybrids are essentially engineered to increase THC levels because that was the common trend they saw increasing via their usual selective processes. But most of them aren't selected based on anything more because of the marketability, and so things like terpenoids become an afterthought. Consumers are starting to care more about terps though, so I think breeders will catch on. Especially since they will eventually need something more than fancy packaging and high THC to remain competitive.

I understand your cynicism of breeders inflating numbers to make sales, but is it any less likely for them to be dishonest about the strain itself? I don't see any reason THC rating should be perceived more dubiously than any information given by the breeder. Meanwhile when ACE publishes photocopies of the lab report, and I can find independently tested samples as well within the same range, I feel more assured about that than ACE's ambiguous descriptions of "euphoric" and "energetic" and whatever other buzzwords they enjoy. Like their Panama x Malawi...

Potent and intense initial body and head rush, folllowed by euphoria and motivation, alert senses and many rapid fire thoughts. Happy and social, then highly creative, good for concentration and focus on work. Hours of fun with no downside.

They made it sound like coffee or something but half the time I could use it to help me sleep.

I have been smoking for about 15 years now and when I started you bought what the dealer had, and it had no name. You could tell how good it was by smelling and looking at it, or if you had a nice connect, by trying a bowl. Even then some stuff looked and smelled better than it smoked. I use to read smoke reports of AK-47, NL, Blueberry, etc. and dream of when I'd be able to try them.

Few years ago my buddy got a job in a dispensary, one of the medical ones prior to recreational so you could smell the stuff before buying. My nose was still the best judge, and I tried all the A-name strains I'd ever wanted, and barely found any difference between most besides smell and flavor. Some would really stand out, like I had some Superbud once that no other weed has ever been similar to, but with the price Sensi wants for those beans, I am not willing to take the risk I wouldn't get the same effect I remember.

But as far as THC ratings go, most of the time you could count on the number more than the strain name or any supposed effects the bud tender or Leafly would talk about. There were times though that it would have a high THC number and smell like oldschool schwag, and I would pass on those. I miss being able to smell before I buy.

Anyway I started to ramble... like five paragraphs ago haha

@TheFertilizer I am glad you have found a way to dose as consistently as possible. I only jest about the mids and everything because I see it mentioned too often. If people cant get FUBAR off one hit they call it trash. I see more and more people going for dessert strains now than gas/skunk strains as well and calling anything that does not fit into their box mids or shwag. It is funny how the strains that have helped build the cannabis culture are no longer good enough for the people smoking and growing. Without these strains a lot of the newer ones would never have been developed.

I know the type for sure lol I was joking as well, but I am honestly one of the few people I know that does still smoke flower. Everyone is all about concentrates here. I think they're convenient in a pen, but Im not too keen on dabs. It's working out ok for me though, just got an ounce of "sungrown" cannabis for 50 bucks lol

And clearly it's working fine judging by my rambliness lol

I think that breeder was listing a conservative estimate. NL has a pretty wide range from what I have seen.

I feel safer looking at the THC rating for an estimate of a strain's effects than relying on ambiguous feelings and anecdotes. I have been lead astray too many times paying attention to anecsotal experiences.

Of course anecdotes do have merit, that's how selective breeding worked all the years before analysis was common-- we relied on anecdote before analysis. However if you look at the strains that were developed and selectively bred before analysis was common, they all have upwardly trending THC levels in common by coincidence. They were reinforacing traits that gave desirable effects based on anecdotal experiences, and one of those traits happened to be high THC, and that was happening before lab analysis was commonly available. Once it was available it only really affirmed that high THC was having a desirable effect.

Now they have tried to streamline the process by growing out and selecting phenotypes based on which produces highest levels of THC. So all these new hybrids are essentially engineered to increase THC levels because that was the common trend they saw increasing via their usual selective processes. But most of them aren't selected based on anything more because of the marketability, and so things like terpenoids become an afterthought. Consumers are starting to care more about terps though, so I think breeders will catch on. Especially since they will eventually need something more than fancy packaging and high THC to remain competitive.

I understand your cynicism of breeders inflating numbers to make sales, but is it any less likely for them to be dishonest about the strain itself? I don't see any reason THC rating should be perceived more dubiously than any information given by the breeder. Meanwhile when ACE publishes photocopies of the lab report, and I can find independently tested samples as well within the same range, I feel more assured about that than ACE's ambiguous descriptions of "euphoric" and "energetic" and whatever other buzzwords they enjoy. Like their Panama x Malawi...

They made it sound like coffee or something but half the time I could use it to help me sleep.

I have been smoking for about 15 years now and when I started you bought what the dealer had, and it had no name. You could tell how good it was by smelling and looking at it, or if you had a nice connect, by trying a bowl. Even then some stuff looked and smelled better than it smoked. I use to read smoke reports of AK-47, NL, Blueberry, etc. and dream of when I'd be able to try them.

Few years ago my buddy got a job in a dispensary, one of the medical ones prior to recreational so you could smell the stuff before buying. My nose was still the best judge, and I tried all the A-name strains I'd ever wanted, and barely found any difference between most besides smell and flavor. Some would really stand out, like I had some Superbud once that no other weed has ever been similar to, but with the price Sensi wants for those beans, I am not willing to take the risk I wouldn't get the same effect I remember.

But as far as THC ratings go, most of the time you could count on the number more than the strain name or any supposed effects the bud tender or Leafly would talk about. There were times though that it would have a high THC number and smell like oldschool schwag, and I would pass on those. I miss being able to smell before I buy.

Anyway I started to ramble... like five paragraphs ago haha

I know the type for sure lol I was joking as well, but I am honestly one of the few people I know that does still smoke flower. Everyone is all about concentrates here. I think they're convenient in a pen, but Im not too keen on dabs. It's working out ok for me though, just got an ounce of "sungrown" cannabis for 50 bucks lol

And clearly it's working fine judging by my rambliness lol
I started smoking at a very young age, and smoked alot for a long time. There were times where nothing was consumed in there but more often than not I was burning as much as I could afford. At one point it was an ounce or more a week of commercial weed. Most all of the commercial weed I got was green at least and seeds were minimal. If we were lucky we would get Christmas bud in the winter for a couple of weeks or some unknown "danks". We got to where we could get Beesters and that was a step in the right direction. By the time I got to smoke Blueberry, after hearing about it forever, it was great but not the best I had come across. Some of the best weed I had come across was Blackberry and it was outdoor and full of seeds. I smoked a joint with 3 people though and was flying for hours. I actually got higher than I wanted to be. I had a work meeting to go to and was tripping out due to being way higher than I expected to be almost an hour after smoking the joint lol. After that i think the most potent stuff I smoked was called The Hammer.I called it stroke weed. I was high as soon as I exhaled and only got higher for the next 30 minutes or so. I left my guys house after 3 hits and couldn't feel my legs half way home.

Around here more and more people are dabbing. My wife will take dabs but she still smokes more than anything. I hardly smoke at all any more. Which is crazy. I grow better weed than I could have bought most of the time when I was smoking and I barely even partake.

Back
Top Bottom