Acetone Hash from last grow

I had a fireman tell me once that a quart of ETOH (ethanol alcohol) evaporated in a space the size of a average car trunk has the explosive (not combustible, but EXPLOSIVE) power of one stick of dynamite.

In other words ... BOOM.

It burns in a frightening way also. I saw a video once of a fire in a race car pit (where alcohol fuel was being used). You couldn't even see the flames. They were so light blue and hot. At first you wondered what you were seeing: people writhing around on the ground, some running and waving their arms like they were being attacked by wasps; but you knew the horror when the viewer saw the skin peeling off of the pit crew. It was pretty horrible.

It's nothing to fuck around with. Treat it with respect and you'll be fine. Get too comfortable and careless you may become flamboyant, and not in a good way.

~ Auggie ~

True stuff, mate. I imagine it'd need to be very warm, and very oxidized, to have an explosive effect. Now, you could easily have a BLEVE with ethanol, if a SELF-REDACTED, NO ONE NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE A BLEVE FROM ME.

The closest I ever came to a quasi-BLEVE without it actually happening: driving to work at the railway, passed a work train that was grinding/resurfacing rail, sparks flying everywhere, even as it passed a 30,000 litre fuel truck fillling locomotives. Safety first boys and girls.

The closest I ever came to a quasi-BLEVE without it actually happening: driving to work at the railway, passed a work train that was grinding/resurfacing rail, sparks flying everywhere, even as it passed a 30,000 litre fuel truck fillling locomotives. Safety first boys and girls.

... and to that I would add ... as a lad I worked in health care. I took care of a guy that had burns over 80% of his body. He BEGGED for death. He pleaded me to kill him. Eye to eye; guy was fuggin serious: "Kill Me - Pleeeese".

Nothing more painful than a burn. That would have to be the last way I'd wanna go.

Safety First, hell yea.

~ Auggie ~

Back
Top Bottom