Action Item - Do It Now!

Akornpatch

If you have not yet e-mailed your congressperson to ask him or her to vote for the medical marijuana amendment that the U.S. House of Representatives will be voting on tomorrow, (Wednesday) afternoon or evening, DO IT NOW!

If you're going to send only one e-mail this year to stop the federal government's war on medical marijuana patients, now is the time -- and it couldn't be easier. If you prefer to write your own letter, visit Title of Facebook post -- goes into og:title Facebook meta field .

It's crucial that you take action now, because Congress is voting tomorrow on an amendment, introduced by U.S. Reps. Maurice Hinchey (D-NY) and Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA), to bar the U.S. Justice Department -- which includes the DEA -- from raiding, arresting, and prosecuting patients who are using medical marijuana in the 11 states where it's legal.

If you agree that sick and suffering patients should not have to live in fear of armed federal agents breaking down their doors, this is your chance to do something about it. Please send your message to Congress now.

Yesterday, MPP's campaign to pass the medical marijuana amendment got a big boost when a host of prominent conservative organizations sent a letter to Congress, blasting the federal government for wasting tax dollars on raiding medical marijuana patients. We're (Marijuana Policy Project) hopeful that the letter -- combined with your e-mails and faxes -- will swing Republican votes in the House to our side.

This is your last chance to speak out before Congress votes tomorrow, so if you've read this far and still haven't sent a message to your congressperson, please do so now.

Thank you!!! :headbanger:

I really hope this gets passed. I sent a letter a while ago about it. I think all our reps and congress men/women still kinda fear "Drugs". They all still think of it the way the gov. told them when they were growing up.

Well we lost. 163 to 259

I'm very disappointed in your performance and that you didn't get off your butts and tell your representatives how you felt. So now our tax dollars will still be spent on harassment of patients and total disregard for state's rights.

For those of you with the balls to contact your representatives...THANK YOU!

Back
Top Bottom