Actual Law In Spain About Growing Cannabis

hopegrower

high everyone,so,from the thread 's titles you ve understand for sure what i'm going to ask but anyway, here it is:which is the actual law about growing cannabis in spain?,i've heard you can grow legally for personal use a limited numer of plant but i don't know if indoor is the same as outdoor,,i would appreciate all the informations you know and that you can give me about,so
thanks everyone
hopegrower

Re: actual law is apin about growing cannabis

In Spain, where the sun shines, cannabis is effectively decriminalised. Like many countries, the law still says marijuana is illegal but personal amounts and up to 5 plants are tolerated. The scene is a lot more relaxed and few people are paranoid about smoking or growing. Cannabis seeds are legal and so all the grow stores sell them. The cannabis-related industry in Spain does seem very big, with nationwide chains of grow and pipe stores. There is also helpful graffiti on many walls; black squares warn where police cameras are operating and weed leafs adorn dealing areas.

A huge amount of hash comes through Spain but most is not good enough to be sold in the Dutch coffeeshops so it is turned into "soap bars", which are notorious for being made with anything from engine oil to sand, and then sent to other countries that don’t have coffeeshops.

A tolerance policy is only as good as the individual police who choose to enforce the law or not.

i think its legal to have one plant per person in the house..so if its you n 3 room mates, you can have 4 plants in the house n the cops can't do shit if theyre in your house and you can smoke it in your house legally as well..its illegal to sell it and it is illegal to smoke outside, you can get fined like 300 euros..but most cops where i'm from turn the other way if youre in a spot where theres not a lot of people like a park bench at night time or the beach..they just don't care...i've even smoked a few joints on the way to work walkin on the sidewalk n no one says anything..one time they just told us to go somewhere else cuz we were smoking at a park bench

i live in spain cannabis i s not legal but tolerated you can grow up to 3 plants per person ,and more if you have a written permission from your friends to grow their 3 plants you can smoke in your house or private spaces ,if you smoke in the street or public places you get fiend 250 euro . you can have on you 5 g

but it is not legal so if you get the wrong cop it all goes out the window
hope this is of help

it is not legal to sell it if you do you get jail time and fines .cannabis clubs can sale.
the cannabis club is a group of people that give written permission to one person to grow their plants . but if you do not have a card proving that you are part of that club they can not sale it to you . subscription to a club cost 20 euro per year and it s only by invitation from a club member .you can not buy or sale in the street or in a shop to anyone.
it sound good but it is not many grower that have club's card get arrested and the cop find the info of who and where by the club owner it happened more then one time in Madrid ,Barcelona so if you are a grower you still have to keep it quiet and and having a club card is a bad idea
one more thing if you grow your 3 plant and the cop find out if you are indoor using grow light you go to jail for putting your neighbour in danger

A huge amount of hash comes through Spain but most is not good enough to be sold in the Dutch coffeeshops so it is turned into "soap bars", which are notorious for being made with anything from engine oil to sand, and then sent to other countries that don’t have coffeeshops.

when they say:'' cannabis smoking is harmful to health'' :smokin:

as I understand it, I can grow in Spain 3 plants in the garden without limit to size or production?
That is, I can raise three fir trees 10 meters?

when they say:'' cannabis smoking is harmful to health'' :smokin:

as I understand it, I can grow in Spain 3 plants in the garden without limit to size or production?
That is, I can raise three fir trees 10 meters?

Hi pippip .

yes you can grow up to 3 plant per person . no matter how big is the plant

but it is important to understand that this is only for personal use and only if you are part of a cannabis club .and if you are 18 or over .
if they catch you selling you go to jail like anywhere else .

if court smoking in the street ,club or not club card is 250 euro fine like if you get court drinking alcohol in the street . police here have not the right to enter your house without a court order .

so if you want to grow your own in Spain
1 became a member of a cannabis club
2 keep your secret because if someone complain then you going to have problem not for the cannabis but because you put in danger the life of your neighbour with the risk of fire from your light .some cannabis club was closed because they were growing cannabis without proper fire security

3 do not sell your cannabis .
4 smoke it at your club or at home

:peace:

Very good information here, what about outdoors on a plot of land?

I'm thinking about bying a small finca and put a caravan on there and grow my own food, electricity from solar panels etc.

I'd like to life off grid and be self sufficient both with food and cannabis. If I were to plant autoflowering plants like 30 days apart I should be able to have a perpetual garden almost all year around? I'm used to have mother plants and take cuttings and grow them out but with a 3 plant maximum that wouldnt really be effective.
I dont intend to sell any of it, what would the punishment be if I hade like 10-20 plants? Would they just sieze the plants or do I also risk prison?

Is it possible to get a permission for medical reasons or any other reason? So that growing would be 100% legal and risk free?

I visited Spain earlier this year and I also joined a cannabis club. I thought becoming a member means that i have signed off my rights to grow my own? Or is it the other way around? I'm getting confused when i'm reading the posts from "autoflowering seed bank". ;)

Hi recently asked this question myself and as far as I have been made aware of from people who have been in certain situations is as follows

You can legally grow 6 plants per person per household if you are a resident in spain.
If you are not they will take your plants and prob fine you.

You can have upto a kilo of dry smoke able weed in your home which can be written off as personal as long as you have no bags, gloves, scales ect. Obviously it's a grey area if your a non resident.

This is all I have managed to find out please anyone who can give me any more info it will be greatly appreciated.

Much love to ya all xx

I don't want to repeat my own story right now, busted for seven plants PRIVATE USE...but here:

* There is no "ok" number that you can have.

CANNABIS GROWING IS ILLEGAL IN SPAIN, ANY number!

"Decriminalized" is a subjective term that doesn't mean a thing. I heard of people gotten busted and accused of trafficking for TWO plants.

When you get busted you need to PROVE that you used them for yourself, your own private use, that you're a regular user.

PLEASE stop spreading the false information that [insert a number here] of plants is "ok" to grow in Spain, it is NOT.
2 are not ok, 4 are not ok, 6 etc. are not "ok". <--- it is this exact type of false information on the internet who got ourselves in trouble since we also BELIEVED it's legal to grow a few plants if it's for private use.

"Decriminalized" means merely that your chances your case will be dropped are bigger, when you can convince a judge you used them for yourself.

It does NOT mean that Spain is now the country where private growing is legal and the cops will leave again if they only find a few plants. If this was the case, then why have people with only two plants been busted?

>>
You can legally grow 6 plants per person per household if you are a resident in spain.
>>

Sorry, this is entire nonsense, including the distinction "resident" and "non resident". It simply is.
Be aware that people can get in serious trouble if they read such things.

We were told we should get a note or a call "in two months" (this was back in May, but we're still waiting for something to happen.

The lawyer and translator said not to worry, the entire case is LIKELY to be dropped...so there is a chance that indeed nothing will arise and the "case" not even going before a court.

This was also the reason the Guardia Civil, when they were here, then all left and didn't even want my light and other growing equipment....we had the impression that AT SOME point when they were in the house realized the triviality of this, so they basically left. (But of course they took the plants, but I would have been MAD AS HELL when they took my lights and other stuff too..WHICH THEY NORMALLY DO).

If you look around in local news, especially here in the area, there is no week going by where they don't bust a MAJOR operation, I am talking tons of MJ, even smuggling into the UK, lots of money moved etc...they probably realize what a joke those 7 plants are and that the entire "case" is a joke. Still keeping fingers crossed.

Also...when someone like a neighbor "complains", in our case a total joke since someone complained "about the smell" and the plants were not even in flower, then the guardia civil/cops etc. are basically obligated to bust you, because of the complaint alone.

We have a suspicion that someone ratted us out, someone who is probably selling weed, but this of course only an assumption. There was no logical reason at all why someone would have complained, the plants were not visible to anyone (in a greenhouse) and there was no smell.

Thanks for your reply. Seems crazy that you were busted but if someone has it in for you then you are stuffed. Are you going to grow again? What region of Spain do you live?

Back
Top Bottom