ADD and Me

Crazddog420

From the age of 8 I was diagnosed with A.D.D. This was in MN 1985. Can't recall acuall date but it was the beginning of what would probably made my symptoms worse. I started taking Ritalin in high doses via apple sauce. Those doses were usually the times a day. Morning, lunch and dinner. Dinner being optional since I was a only child and couldn't hurt anyone around me. From my experiences I can say that it didn't really work. Basically it was doping me to the point of no hunger and mood swings. They say that a child's brain is still growing and needs proper nutrition and definitely shouldn't be on speed like drug everyday for years of growth. I was undersized and weight. I told my parents I felt WEIRD taking these things and I never liked it. I also had a horrible diet and craved mostly sweets. I had horrible teeth and at 40 yrs I've lost 6 teeth already.
It wasn't untill I quit Ritalin did I start to be a normal teen. At the age of 14 after 5 years of a doctor induced drug addiction, I finally started to eat , in fact one year on vacation I ate my aunt's fridge out. Days after I started to grow a mustache. I was into sports and started to fill out. I was drug free untill 3 years later ... (BTW I averaged a D grade average ) and some teachers believed I was retarded. Anyway.... at the age of 17 I had my first toke and it was interesting but it wasn't till a few times did I realize this is what I NEEDED. Of course I got stoned with friends, but after a while I wanted to smoke to myself and just relax. Years later and after times of embarrassment from people telling me I'm an addict, now I see that it was misunderstanding and quack doctors that ju s t want to PILL YOU. The repercussions from 5 years of Ritalin has left me with almost addict like traits. I can't eat normally, my mind races , and I have anger issues when I don't have access to cannabis. My symptoms have gotten better over the years. But my childhood was a mess and unrecoverable. Anyway... Dying to get my hands on Dr Grinspoon. I hear that is what helps people with my issues.

Back
Top Bottom