Adding Bloom Spectrum CFLS?

The Prof

I've had a plant under about 150 watts of regualr cool white cfls and it has grown really great and I've been flowering for 2 weeks and FINALLY my bloom spectrum CFLS came in today..so should I add the bloom spectrum bulbs with the existing bulbs becasue I know the more light the better...thanks alot

Re: Adding Bloom Spectrum CFLS??

Depends on how many lumens you are pushing already. Personally, being a CFL grower, I would use both if you can handle the heat in your grow are. Though CFLs are normally cool, the red-spectrums are a bit warmer and more light means more heat. Remember that CFLs for flowering normally give you buds that arent that dense. Adding more light will remedy that a bit but any little bit helps.

Re: Adding Bloom Spectrum CFLS??

Depends on how many lumens you are pushing already. Personally, being a CFL grower, I would use both if you can handle the heat in your grow are. Though CFLs are normally cool, the red-spectrums are a bit warmer and more light means more heat. Remember that CFLs for flowering normally give you buds that arent that dense. Adding more light will remedy that a bit but any little bit helps.

I've looked online and found the cool whites (veg) and the warm whites (flower). I also found full spectrum CFL's. Is this a combination of spectrums and therefore better for flowering?

Back
Top Bottom