Adding lots of ph down

burrr

I transplanted some girls from dirt to hydro, and I think they are all gonna pull through. I've been adding hygrozyme to the mix, it helps deal with the dead organic matter left on the roots from transplant. It's enzymes eat the dead stuff, but raise the ph as a side effect. I've been correcting from 6.4 back down to 5.6 once a day. This adds lots of phosphorous to the mix, but I'm not sure how much is too much. Has anyone seen their plants get sick from too much ph down?, if so what are the signs.

Hey burr. I recently had the same problem on a grow using the hygrozyme product. I found that it was mainly the peak pucks I started with that caused the major problem. That stuff loves to take organics and turn them to nitrogen.Like you said every day we were adjusting our PH. I wish I could find a safer means of Ph-ing the solution. I noticed no ill effects but was doing res changes weekly. If your question can be answered it will happen on these boards. This place has the best info and the most helpful people.
:thumb:

I have not done any hydroponic grows yet aside from building and using an aeroponic cloner, but I'd suggest changing your entire reservoir weekly, to flush out the bad stuff and not have too much PH down in the system.

With my cloner, the PH levels would slowly rise and I'd have to drop them every few days.

an alternative would be to hose off the soil, if needed finish by rinsing in a large bucket (pH corrected water )- agitate gently- you can get your hands in the roots just be gentle.

After this you should have no wild pH issues as long as you are mixing your nutes correctly,which during cloning or early veg should be < 200ppms. Hard to imagine a pH issue there.

HTH

I have not done any hydroponic grows yet aside from building and using an aeroponic cloner, but I'd suggest changing your entire reservoir weekly, to flush out the bad stuff and not have too much PH down in the system.

With my cloner, the PH levels would slowly rise and I'd have to drop them every few days.

Changing the res weekly is a huge waste of money. I change mine every 3 weeks.

In the cloner, you're supposed to use unadjusted water.

I had no idea Hygrozym raises your PH. I just switched hydro shops and I have been using Advanced Nutrients SensiZym this whole time. The guy didn't have it so I got Hygrozyme, Piranha, Tarantula, Voodoo juice, and this new one called BUSH DOCTOR KANGAROOTS which is a root drench full of specialized bacteria and mycorrhizae to inoculate and colonize the roots. This allows the plant to take in more nutrients and I find when I use Sensizym and these other products like Tarantula, Voodoo juice, and Piranha I don't have to use as much nutrient solution. I'm using Fox Farm Grow Big to veg (all strains seem to love it, and its fairly cheap)and for 2 part bloom fertilizer I am using Advanced Nutrients CONNOISSEUR program. Stuff is expensive, but it is the best hydroponic nutrients you can buy, and its specifically made for growing high quality marijuana and I recommend it. The owner of the hydroponics shop uses it for his own plants as well. All my plants are either in Smart Pots or 5 gallon bucket DWC. I use the old nutrient solution runoff to fertilize my soil plants and save money that way as well. I haven't had any PH issues so far, but I always add my nutrients on the somewhat weak side and add half a gallon of pure water as a buffer. Have not had to use PH up or down since I started growing but I guess I am lucky. I am drawing my water from a well on my property and also recycling the water I catch from rainwater and also have a gravity drain from my dehumidifier collecting water that I run back into my reservoirs.

I live in OREGANJA and it rains almost every day here. I have two wells. One well is piped into my house for drinking water and another well is a hand dug well lined with concrete that I lower a pump hose into and use it to irrigate my crops in the Spring and Summer :) The other thing I do is set up those blue Kitty pools to collect rain water and use it to fill my reservoirs because it is full of minerals and is totally PH balanced. The plants love it way more than city water which I was on my whole life before movingh out to the country and buying a home on a few acres of property. The water from city reservoirs is too heavily treated with chlorine and the PPM is usually too high or too low. I would always get itchy and dry after taking a shower. This well water I have now tastes delicious and doesn't dry out my skin either. If you have a dehumidifier I recommend using the water from that in your res. It has a very low PPM and is extremely clean.

Back
Top Bottom