Adding more soil to pots?

Santurro99

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any input as to if it is bad or not to add more soil to my pots. I am using FFOF soil in 2 gallon buckets. When I first added soil into pots the soil was almost to the top. Now the soil is a good 3 inches or so from the lip of the pots. My question is...is it ok to add more fresh soil to the pots?

while your at it, if you haven't already added dolomite to your soil, add it with the soil and mix in...

I am very unfamiliar with dolomite. It is used to lower ph of soil? Does it come in powder form? I just want to add another inch or so of soil. I am using fox farm ocean forest soil. I figure i have 3 2gallon buckets and 2 3 gallon buckets. Just want to add another inch of soil. How much dolomite do you think I should mix in with that little bit of soil?

Ill try to add a cpl of pics. Keep in mind that these are AUTOFLOWERS. 2 white dwarf and 1 ak-47 in their 3rd week. Just started foxfarm nutes at 1/2 str.

IMG_20110228_231720.jpg

IMG_20110228_231729.jpg

IMG_20110303_010554.jpg

IMG_20110303_010606.jpg

IMG_20110303_010630.jpg

I am very unfamiliar with dolomite. It is used to lower ph of soil? Does it come in powder form? I just want to add another inch or so of soil. I am using fox farm ocean forest soil. I figure i have 3 2gallon buckets and 2 3 gallon buckets. Just want to add another inch of soil. How much dolomite do you think I should mix in with that little bit of soil?

Dolomite is essential in a soil grow. You will maintain neutral soil ph with it (very important). It does come in powder form (recommended). Add 1 cup to your 3 gallon pots and mix in to the soil as best you can. Or, ignore what I am saying and you can post later in the plant problems section...

Dolomite is essential in a soil grow. You will maintain neutral soil ph with it (very important). It does come in powder form (recommended). Add 1 cup to your 3 gallon pots and mix in to the soil as best you can. Or, ignore what I am saying and you can post later in the plant problems section...

Ok, I will def do that on my next grow. As for now, im only gonna add a inch or two of soil to each pot. If i mix a little bit of dolomite with the little bit of soil that I am going to add, do you think that will help any? Or is it possible to add dolomite to water and treat that way? Just trying to explore my options. Thanks for the input.

Ok, I will def do that on my next grow. As for now, im only gonna add a inch or two of soil to each pot. If i mix a little bit of dolomite with the little bit of soil that I am going to add, do you think that will help any? Or is it possible to add dolomite to water and treat that way? Just trying to explore my options. Thanks for the input.

Yes you can mix it with new topsoil and when watered it will leach further into soil. :)

Back
Top Bottom