Adding mycorrhizae, trichoderma, fulvic and humic acid to coco

MrAnxiiouz

So I realized that I could add beneficial bacteria to increase root growth, nutrient uptake, etc.
Also learned that fulvic and humic acid help break down nutrients and more.

I am growing in organic: coco coir, peat moss, sphagmus (forgot to add perlite, will do when I transplant that's why I need my roots to grow)

Product (Beneficial Bacteria): Mycorrhizae and Trichoderma - Kelp4less
It is water soluble. To mix ½ tsp. with fifty (50) gallons of water.
Product (Fulvic/Humic): Fulvic and Humic Blend - Kelp4less
Water soluble. To mix ¼ tsp. with one (1) gallon of water.

Questions:
1. Has anyone tried using these "root growth" and similar nutes in this water soluble form?
2. Doesn't that seem like a SUPER diluted solution for mycorrhizae?
3. Could I mix both fulvic/humic acid + mycorrhizae/trichoderma powder?
4. When I use this should I just use it now or wait until transplant? I'm thinking to use it now and transplanting and so on after, right?
5. Could I mix all my nutes I use with these products? I use Fox Farm Trio and (Silica) Silica Powder - Kelp4less

the best way to approach it is to add beneficials to the media before transplant and in my opinion adding perlite isn't only not necessary but can cause all kids of issues. Coco alone cannot be over watered and the only time worth adding something to aerate it further would be to add clay pebbles in a flood and drain type scenario. I use great white mycorrhizae and I add it dry to the coco. I also use voodoo juice from AN. adding it first week or 2 of veg then again first 2 ir 3 weeks of flower. Adding carbohydrates will feed the beneficials allowing them to grow instead of constantly topping up. Carboload or even molasses will work fine.

Well if you are experienced and dialed in you can get the best of both worlds. Fast growth, large yields and healthy plants. You can never get from soil what you get from hydro but you can get pretty close to a soil grow in hydro with all the benefits. If you know what you are doing. Id tell any noob to stay away from organic hydro and stick with soil or hydro , not combine the two. However if you are experienced it can be a revelation.

It’s literally my first time growing haha
The soil I got was a coco, peat moss, vermiculite mix cause the only other product is MiracleGro which is bad than good from what I heard.

I learned about my soil-less medium and what it’s lacking.. pretty much everything. so I decided to shop on Kelp4less and get some microbes, silica, and humic/fulvic powder. I bought FoxFarm trio beforehand because everyone said that’s all you need, which is true.. if you’re growing in a soil medium with said microbes, etc.

I’m a science major so things are clicking for me as I’m learning

the best way to approach it is to add beneficials to the media before transplant and in my opinion adding perlite isn't only not necessary but can cause all kids of issues. Coco alone cannot be over watered and the only time worth adding something to aerate it further would be to add clay pebbles in a flood and drain type scenario. I use great white mycorrhizae and I add it dry to the coco. I also use voodoo juice from AN. adding it first week or 2 of veg then again first 2 ir 3 weeks of flower. Adding carbohydrates will feed the beneficials allowing them to grow instead of constantly topping up. Carboload or even molasses will work fine.

weird.. many people say to use perlite and I’ll be fine. Maybe I’ll try it for this plant. Won’t know till you try.
I’m using Fox Farm trio so I won’t be needed molasses and other extra nutes other than the microbes, fulvic/humic acid, and silica. (I think).

have a look at my 'how to grow in coco' thread. All the info you need is there. Its the best medium to grow in by far. Very simple and forgiving once you understand the basics. Its very different from soil, its hydroponic medium. Ive probably grown 40000 plants in coco now and for me its the best medium there is. The main thing is to not let it dry out completely as it will cause alot of damage to the roots and plant, feed nutrients everyday and only ever give plain water right at the end for flushing. Keep ph between 5.5 - 6.2.

Back
Top Bottom