Adding Sugar To Budding Plants?

Thanks for the info, Jed. As for crab shells, no, but I have a bunch of scallop shells on hand. I'm not sure if they have any chitin in them, as they are molluscs rather than arthropods, but they do have lots of calcium just the same. I guess I can grind up a couple between some rocks and fire it in.

I'm in the process of putting together a soil mix now, with fish compost I got from work (I'm a salmon hatchery technician), black soil from Walmart, perlite, and peat moss. I guess another ingredient won't hurt in the recipe. I'll use it when my next White Widows are ready for transplant in a few weeks. For now I'm trying it out on a black-eyed Susan (not the same, but anyway...) and I'm germinating some beans now to see how seedlings handle it. Not really a perfectly controlled biological study, but it's something to play with in the meantime. I want to get some camouflage on the go for when I put the weed out on the deck.

Oh, yeah, and I bought some molasses tonight too.

less than 5 weeks into flower usin mollasses all th4 way from week 2 look at coatin on this already
114acc8ec3a3a5757ad215db6af17788.jpg

WOW, will it work on outdoor photo types too??? sounds simple for good rewards. so 3 moles were moleing down a mole hole,
1st mole sniffed & said I smell honey, 2nd one said me too 3rd one said I smell mole asses.

Caution w/ seedlings..too young and they will be too delicate for Molasses IMHO...if you wish, a VERY small dose May be ok though.

Hey everybody. I've been reading here and there that the best way to add sugar to a budding plant for growth and taste is to use a bit of blackstrap molasses when watering. Just curious: has anyone ever tried honey? I ask simply because I prefer it to molasses, no other reason. I just don't know if I want to try it without knowing what to expect, since I don't know if honey has any compounds in it that may not be in the plants' best interest, and I'm still tiptoeing through my first grow. Any information/opinion would be appreciated. Thanks.
Never used honey I do use black strap full mag potassium

Hey everybody. I've been reading here and there that the best way to add sugar to a budding plant for growth and taste is to use a bit of blackstrap molasses when watering. Just curious: has anyone ever tried honey? I ask simply because I prefer it to molasses, no other reason. I just don't know if I want to try it without knowing what to expect, since I don't know if honey has any compounds in it that may not be in the plants' best interest, and I'm still tiptoeing through my first grow. Any information/opinion would be appreciated. Thanks.
I use it a-lot during flower I have great luck, for years . It has treated me well also great for the roots.

Back
Top Bottom