Additives before or after base nutes?

Remystemple

I just read "The Captains Nutrients Recipe"

The Captain's Nutrient Recipe - Dude Grows

I know now to add the calmag first. then the base nutes. but i wasn't sure when to add the floralicious and koolbloom ( when i'm budding)
This Captain dude says to always ad this stuff before the base nutes. even though micro says always add it first.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Do the micro 1st, it needs to absorb into the water

Let it sit at least 15min, stirring a few times

Then after that it doesn't matter much

Now if u use a silica product like Armor .si or Protek, always add it 1st, stir a lot, wait 15 or more minutes, then add micro...etc etc etc

Do the micro 1st, it needs to absorb into the water

Let it sit at least 15min, stirring a few times

Then after that it doesn't matter much

Now if u use a silica product like Armor .si or Protek, always add it 1st, stir a lot, wait 15 or more minutes, then add micro...etc etc etc

Right on. Thanks Broski!. i'll dump the last mix i made LMAO..

The silica or Micro will kinda clump up if it doesn't dissolve or mix fully with the water

Soil or hydro?

coco. and i think i saw that happen the other day and tossed the second half of the mix i had. it wasn't in the sun and has and airstone in it so i figured it was the mix order.

I also use calmag and seen other time people saying to always add it first too. so i should just go micro first and it shouldn't matter after that?

Micro is important to add 1st, calmag not so much

I go as follows, I number the GH Flora Trio 1,2,3 easy to remember, sharpy on the cap

Silica if I use it, 15 min wait
#1 15 min wait
#2 stir
#3 stir
Addatives like calmag, koolbloom, Terpinator etc

Good call if u save nutes by using a bubbler, can use em for a week if you keep em bubbling, just watch for goopies

I go as follows, I number the GH Flora Trio 1,2,3 easy to remember, sharpy on the cap

#1 15 min wait
#2 stir
#3 stir

Good call if u save nutes by using a bubbler, can use em for a week if you keep em bubbling, just watch for goopies

Right on. Thanks for you time today. One day i'll be passing on everything i learn from all of the vets here. So much appreciation.

Scorpio you arent wrong but arent right either. This issue depends on the brand of nutes you use. So silica i add after the base nute but it mixes really well, so def depends what brand you are using.

As a rule of thumb that rarely if ever goes wrong add in this order.
Cal/mag
base nutes (starting with micro if 3 part
additives
ph adjustment.

Check out my how to grow in coco thread, pretty much everything you need is in there and in my journals. Ive grown maybe 30 or 40,000 plants so Ive pretty much seen it all in hydroponic growing.

Scorpio you arent wrong but arent right either. This issue depends on the brand of nutes you use. So silica i add after the base nute but it mixes really well, so def depends what brand you are using.

Cal/mag
additives
ph adjustment.

Check out my how to grow in coco thread, pretty much everything you need is in there and in my journals. Ive grown maybe 30 or 40,000 plants so Ive pretty much seen it all in hydroponic growing.
Yer opinion for sure

We where talking about GH Flora Trio, so I WIN!!!!!!

lol

Cal/mag
additives
ph adjustment.

I'm pretty sure it was your coco thread that got me looking at that in the first place. adding calmag first would make sense as the water already has calmag in it. so maybe that would help it bind or bond better.

Did you read that Captain guys thread Cult? boggles my mind how so many people do things differently but still end up with good results.

Yer opinion for sure

We where talking about GH Flora Trio, so I WIN!!!!!!

lol

Either way i just made 4 gallons of solution and i'm not tossing it lmao.

did micro,waited 15 - 20 mins, grow, bloom. calmag, then floralicious.

I'm pretty sure it was your coco thread that got me looking at that in the first place. adding calmag first would make sense as the water already has calmag in it. so maybe that would help it bind or bond better.

Did you read that Captain guys thread Cult? boggles my mind how so many people do things differently but still end up with good results.

Yes and i know the captain. He is experienced and has good ideas.

There isnt a set way to do it, its flexible within certain parameters. But remember this...

Nutes are the least important part of your grow. Ofcourse plants need to feed as they need buildin blocks as all organic creatures do.... BUT, its way more important to have a solid environment, way way more important. Focus should always be Light, Air Exchange, Temps, Humidity. Feed comes after that. You can get amazing grows with minimal nutes if environment is dialled in. My example in the coco thread is just that, a schedule that will work for everyone providing environment is on point. I really believe thats where peoples attention should be best spent. Go basic until you are dialled in.

#1 15 min wait
#2 stir
#3 stir

I have a question about holding solution with an air stone over a few days. should the pH be in range while it sits? or is it fine to do it as i use it?

Back
Top Bottom