Adjusting pH in an organic grow - Please help

legalizeMI16

Hey everyone, thank you for taking the time to look through my post.

Ive got a few very successful grows under my belt, using FFOF soil and the FF trio of nutes. I just started a new grow and I'm still using the FFOF soil but for nutes i picked up the Roots Organic player pack from a local grow shop.

Ive done some reading and it seems like most people are saying that when you're growing organic you DONT want to ph the solution prior to feeding, this is because the soil acts as a natural buffer and the ph up/down will actually kill all of the beneficial microbs in the soil.

I was curious if anyone has experience using the player pack by roots or can point me in the right direction. my girls are only a couple weeks old from seed so i haven't fed yet, but will be soon.

thanks again!

Hello & welcome to :420:

Ye soil/compost has a buffering effect & basically returns to its ambient PH value with in 24 hours or less after watering with or with out nutrients, it can be observed !

PH up/down are an acidic nature & not always good for organic growing.

I used organic nutrients for a couple of years never PH corrected them either & done just fine, i now use synthetic or salt based nutrients to which i don't bother PH correcting for soil/compost grows either.

Providing the compost/soil blend hasa PH value between PH 6 & 7 ya should be just fine how ever the PH value may change towards mid to late flowering due to the increase of nutrients during flowering !

Hello & welcome to :420:

Ye soil/compost has a buffering effect & basically returns to its ambient PH value with in 24 hours or less after watering with or with out nutrients, it can be observed !

PH up/down are an acidic nature & not always good for organic growing.

I used organic nutrients for a couple of years never PH corrected them either & done just fine, i now use synthetic or salt based nutrients to which i don't bother PH correcting for soil/compost grows either.

Providing the compost/soil blend hasa PH value between PH 6 & 7 ya should be just fine how ever the PH value may change towards mid to late flowering due to the increase of nutrients during flowering !

Thank you for the quick reply! Answers my question. I appreciate it @Fuzzy Duck

Back
Top Bottom