Advanced LED Demo Grow by Doc Bud

It's not really a switch....I've still got the Platinum's hanging a tray over.

I was asked if I'd be willing to demo the lights and since I needed an excuse to get rid of 2000 watts of HID I said yes! Simple as that.

BTW, I'm not paid a penny by either light manufacturer.

Who needs to get paid if you get a lamp. I DIY or take them for free, but buy a hyped product made in china? noooo... I'm too old for that.
This is interesting experiment in the name of science, Doc!! I wonder how that plant feels just getting the blues.
Vlad

Here's where we're at currently:

Picture_004324.jpg

Picture_003333.jpg

Picture_002327.jpg

Picture_001335.jpg

You can see that everything covered by the Advanced LED is doing quite well. Also of note:

1. dunking technique for watering. Let it get really dry, soak the crap out of it, repeat. This is how we get thick, strong stems, tight internode spacing and fewer leaves.....not to mention amazing roots.

As far as I'm concerned, the only reason to veg plants is to grow roots. The rest of the plant should grow as little as possible.

2. Getting ready to take clones. I've been giving them Growth Energy (calcium nitrate mostly) for the last 3 feedings in order to get those tiny stems strong like toothpics. Strong, woody stems=easy cloning.

Hey doc, looking good, quick GR question, trying to get myself a little more space.....do you use only a 2x4 space to veg enough plants to fit in your two 3x6 trays? I by no means need that much space....I guess bottom line it looks like veg plants don't need much space? Correct?

Thanks man, for all you do here.:high-five:

From two 2x4 trays I keep a 3x6 and two 4x8's full. I cull clones and vegging plants all the time.

The trick is to clone more than you'll need, veg more than you need, and immediately replace something you harvest with a vegging plant. It's my version of a perpetual, there is rarely a free spot in the bloom area.

1 gallon to 7 gallons.

Hey Doc! Hope you don't mind me finding a seat on the floor and watching this grow :) Very interested to see how your garden does under these new lights :) subbed :)

Another grower using Advanced LED panels! :high-five: I like my XML 350 a lot so far! :slide:

It's not really a switch....I've still got the Platinum's hanging a tray over.

I was asked if I'd be willing to demo the lights and since I needed an excuse to get rid of 2000 watts of HID I said yes! Simple as that.

BTW, I'm not paid a penny by either light manufacturer.

Thanks for the honesty. It will be outstanding to see what you do with them. Tons of value there. Always good for end users like me to have info from actual people. Thanks, I'm sure they'll rock!!

Chef I think the reduced intake of water has to do with the led's
when I had dirt pots in bloom I almost waited a week at a time to water
I think it would also depend on how full the pot is with roots not much evaporation under led's

. . .

The plants under the Blue LED (DS200 EX-VEG) are doing fantastic. Node spacing is a tad longer than under the T5, but overall vigor is excellent. The plants also seem to need about half as much water as their counterparts under T5.
. . .

Interesting about the water. If I changed lights and my plants started drinking less water, I would be concerned. . .

Also, I dont understand the basis for comparison to the T5s. How many T5s are the blue panel replacing? What size, colour, and wattage?

Does the manufacturer claim advantages to using blue lights only? Your plants were healthy and vigorous when vegged under T5s. Have you noticed any other differences besides less water?

No concerns about depriving your seedlings of full spectrum lighting?

Thanks and cheers! :peace::passitleft:

Interesting about the water. If I changed lights and my plants started drinking less water, I would be concerned. . .

Also, I dont understand the basis for comparison to the T5s. How many T5s are the blue panel replacing? What size, colour, and wattage?

Does the manufacturer claim advantages to using blue lights only? Your plants were healthy and vigorous when vegged under T5s. Have you noticed any other differences besides less water?

No concerns about depriving your seedlings of full spectrum lighting?

Thanks and cheers! :peace::passitleft:

I have a typical 8 bulb T5 light, takes up roughly 2x4 less a few inches in dimension. I've been using it for years, along with two others. The same plants I have under the Blue LED currently would have tighter internodes under the T5. However, while that is true I'm going to say the plants are healthier and more vigorous under the LED....just different morphology.

How much clearance are they getting, Doc?

... You might try running them closer. I'm getting tight nodes from a 190W blue/white LED panel at 12 inches, which is about 400-500 umols.

[Edit] I checked the EX-Veg 200 datasheets and it produces 600 umols in the center at 18 inches. A foot is probably too close.

:Namaste:

How much clearance are they getting, Doc?

... You might try running them closer. I'm getting tight nodes from a 190W blue/white LED panel at 12 inches, which is about 400-500 umols.

[Edit] I checked the EX-Veg 200 datasheets and it produces 600 umols in the center at 18 inches. A foot is probably too close.

:Namaste:

I just followed the manufacturors specs and hung the light 30 inches from the canopy. As they grow, they're closing the gap. Perhaps next time I'll start 'em a little closer, but let's be perfectly clear, the plants are quite healthy.

I can't wait for the smoke report to see if there is a discernible difference in flavor, potency, bud 'quality' etc. but I guess I have no choice but to wait :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom