Advanced LED Diamond Series + General Organics Closet Grow

guffy1

Hi all! I have lurked around this site for a good few years now and gathered a ton of useful information.

I am currently making a big transition in my grow room and I decided now was a good time to sign up and document my work via a grow journal.

What I'm doing is switching over my small grow closet from a 400 watt hps and going to LED. I have a 200 Watt Advanced LED Diamond Series I will be using for this grow. The grow area will be approximately 24 in. deep x 36 in. length.

My tentative plan is 6 plants in 3 gallon pots. There wont be much room for spacing out the pots so I plan on forcing flowering at about 1 foot tall, give or take an inch or two.

I'm using Roots Organics Soil and the complete line of General Organics products. RO water.

Average Room Temp 75 F - Average Room Humidity 55%

Environment controlled by a really small ceramic fan and a small humidifier. Also, running for 15 minutes out of every hour is a 200 CFM 4 in. Sunleaves inline fan, ducted to the outside. I live in Northern Michigan and my closet is completely unheated, so heater and humidifier required.

Also, the room has no fresh air intake at all. I am using a bag of Exhale, don't expect much out if it but it makes me feel good. Ha

So anyways, I currently have 9 plants that just all popped soil on the same day, which was yesterday, so they're just tinly lil gals right now.

List of strains:

5 Barneys Farm Lucy Fem
1 G13 Labs Blueberry Gum Fem
2 Nirvana AK-48 Fem
1 World Of Seeds NL x Big Bud Fem

Way too early to tell which will be the 6 keepers just yet, but my hope is that I will be keeping 4 LSD's 1 Blue Gum and 1 NL x BB. The Nirvana I hope to ditch, but if needed I'll roll with one of them.

Last thing Ill include in this opening post is that Im an experienced grower using the complete Fox Farms synthetic line. Ive had many a successful crop growing with Fox farm nutes/soil, but now Ive decided I want to move onto something different. I'm in search of a better taste and better burning product is why I decided to try out an organic grow.

I have zero experience in organic/vegan growing so I'm wide open to suggestion, constructive criticism and just good general discussion.

Peace all!

My goal is to get 6 oz dried product out of this setup. Not sure how realistic that is, but that's my goal.

Def in on this one! Organics rock!! I will try to help as much as I can.... great to be a part of the whole process!! awesome!

hate to rain the parade but I currently have 4 plants in 5gallon buckets under my diamond series 300w I switched to flower at 12" almost 3 weeks ago and feel like im losing light on the outer leaves a little. Id rotate them a lot if i were you.

Now that I have some experience with these lights I feel like I can safely say that 300 Watts of the Diamond Series isn't nearly enough for 4 plants in 5 gallon pots. Unless the plants are really small that is. I doubt they're all that small if you have them in 5 Gallon pots though, I would assume they were vegged out for a good bit.

For this grow I ended up with 4 plants in 3 gallon pots. I flowered them for the first four weeks under a 200 Watt Diamond Series in a 36" x 36" tent. After four weeks I was unsatisfied with progress and coverage. I added a 180 Watt Advanced LED Extreme Flower to the mix at that point and things really picked up after that. I only wish I had that damn light in there from the start.

Anyways, all told the Diamond Series is extremely capable in my eyes. I have some killer looking dense LSD buds that are extremely sticky and covered in trichs to the max.

I just feel like I underestimated the amount of LED wattage I would need for good coverage and dense growth. In my opinion after doing this grow I believe that the advertising that floats around claiming a 200 watt LED is equal to a 600 or 400 watt HPS is totally false. A 200 Watt LED of the very best quality is equal to 200 watts of HPS in my eyes.

For my next grow I plan on amping things up to 800 Watts of Diamond Series LED's and my goal is to get one pound out of 7 to 9 LSD Clones that finish at about 3 feet tall. Pretty sure the Diamond Series can do it.

Out of a 300 Watt Diamond Series I would expect to yield in the neighborhood of 6 ounces if you're an experienced grower.

Sorry all I didn't follow up on this journal. As the grow progressed it ended up being more of an experiment than a dialed in grow. I was dealing with a whole new line of fertilizers and a light that I had never attempted to flower with, only veg.

So anyways, I do feel like I have things dialed in now and am about to harvest 2 Lucy's, 1 Blueberry Gum, and one Wonder Woman.

I feel like I have a real good handle on these lights and the General Organics line of "organic" fertilizers. For my next grow I have 7 LSD's I cloned all from one mother that I felt was a really amazing plant. I may also flower the mother and start a new one.

I also have a Wonder Woman mother that I took some clones from that I probably will end up giving away. The Wonder Woman mother I think I prob will flower and then be done with that strain. The blueberry strain is completely out of the mix. I wasn't happy with how it grew in my setup at all. Probably a bad pheno.

The plan is to stick with General Organics and go with 800 Watts of Diamond Series LED in a 4x4 area. I'm doing away with the tent and am going to grow in an enclosed 4 x 4 area instead. The tents a pain in my ass...lol..Not worth the extra hassle to me.

If anyone has any questions at all I would be happy to discuss the grow more. I would also be happy to post some pics of the beautiful LSD plants if I can figure out how to do it...lol

I will post some harvest numbers in the next 2 weeks or so. I expect to get 4 to 6 ounces. That's with 4 weeks of a 200 watt Diamond Series, and another 4 weeks of a 200 watt DS and 180 Extreme Flower combined.

Lets see some photos!!! :) also just a FYI, the strain L#D that you have, we call Lucy on this site. They don't like to use the name L$D because it can lead to the wrong types of people coming to the forum :) just thought I would give ya a heads up. Would love to see some photo's though, I have been looking into LED lights for quite a while, and the diamond series really caught my eye. Would love to see your setup and what these lights are producing :)

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom