Advanced LED New XTE 300 Sponsored Grow

well the Harvest has dried and put into jars :)

Final dry numbers are 454 grams from two plants.

I'm happy with just over a pound , which turned out to be .60 g/w

The meds came out super frosty , I got 22 grams BHO from the trim.

all in all a great run.

:thanks: to all who followed along and participated in this journal.

Grats buddy :thumb:

Looks like the new round is coming along nicely as well.

Been a minute since I swung by, but wow! you already have another lineup going :) sweet! been really busy lately so haven't been online as much but damn brotha! you are quick with it :) can't wait to see how this batch turns out for you ! :)

Been a minute since I swung by, but wow! you already have another lineup going :) sweet! been really busy lately so haven't been online as much but damn brotha! you are quick with it :) can't wait to see how this batch turns out for you ! :)

Thanks Icemud , I've been real busy with work lately but I should be able to post some pics this weekend :)

ok I gotta backtrack now Good Day to you Brotha Ronnie :thumb:

Hey Cronic , Thanks for stopping by :) Good day to you Brother.

Hey Ronnie, been reading through your journals - great grows! Subbed and looking forward to seeing more sexy ladies from under LEDs.

Welcome Hayrolled , haven't had a chance to post alot of updates lately cause of work, but the girls are one week into flower now and starting to take off. I'll get some picks and videos posted soon. :)

well I guess better late then never to check out this amazing grow

Welcome madscientist9 , Thank you for the compliment :)

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world Ronnie. Hope you check your PMs someday soon :winkyface:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Yes the grow is still alive and well , work has just given me no time to myself lately. will post update ASAP

Hope all is well in your world Ronnie. Hope you check your PMs someday soon :winkyface:

Thanks Hiker, I responded to your PM sorry so late :)

Glad your still around Ronnie, I've missed your updates. :adore:

Hey Ronnie. I have been reading journals by you and Icemud and a few others and I am just blown away. I have learned so much and just wanted to say thank you for everything that you guys are doing, as well as the team at 420 for providing this great platform for like minded people to share ideas and stories. I am subbed and really looking forward to this grow.

I have a question for you about your hydro set up. I read in your other journals that you are using the RF 66 buckets with 2 reservoirs and a sump pump. Can you explain to a noob how to replicate that? I also would like to know your thoughts or anyone else's thoughts on the super bubble flow bucket system. Thanks and again I am just blown away by what you do :goodjob:

Yes the grow is still alive and well , work has just given me no time to myself lately. will post update ASAP

Thanks Hiker, I responded to your PM sorry so late :)

Np buddy. Glad you're doing OK. I hope you're getting some big OT bucks for this :)

Hey Ronnie. I have been reading journals by you and Icemud and a few others and I am just blown away. I have learned so much and just wanted to say thank you for everything that you guys are doing, as well as the team at 420 for providing this great platform for like minded people to share ideas and stories. I am subbed and really looking forward to this grow.

I have a question for you about your hydro set up. I read in your other journals that you are using the RF 66 buckets with 2 reservoirs and a sump pump. Can you explain to a noob how to replicate that? I also would like to know your thoughts or anyone else's thoughts on the super bubble flow bucket system. Thanks and again I am just blown away by what you do :goodjob:

Since I know Ronnie is swamped, I'll maybe help get you started...
His system is sort of modeled after the UnderCurrent system, where the water is constantly flowing past the roots. I believe the 2 reservoirs are the one that's part of the system, and the top off reservoir that will automatically add water/nutes as the plants use it up. So if you understand how an undercurrent system works, now imagine each site has that mister device that the Rainforest units have. That's Ronnie's system as I understand it. Hope that helps a little.

FYI I looked up that other system. I think I've seen it before. I don't quite get how it differs from any other ebb and flow except they put a bubbler in each bucket. I have airstones in my reservoirs too. Just use a media that drains fast and flood often and you'll have the same result with any similar system.

Ronnie's is more of an RDWC system. I don't think that super bubble system is a DWC variant. It's a flood and drain system.

For what it's worth... my preference is flood and drain. I run the CAP Ebb&Gro and love it.

Thanks Hiker for the great info. I just looked at the CAP ebb and flow. It looks very similar to the bubble one only cheaper. How big do your plants get in 2 gal buckets? I am thinking that the plants can get bigger if I was to use the 5 gal buckets on the bubble flow system (but honestly I have no clue, it just seems intuitive). Also if you do not mind another noob question, I will be growing from seeds that I purchased from a 420 sponsor. Can you recomend a good quality germinating/cloning setup? And what do use for growing medium, hydroton seems to be fairly common but so does rockwool. So I guess I am concerned that I through some seeds in a solo cup and then move them to a ziplock bag and wet paper towel, what do I move them to after they produce a root? and will I be able to move that to the grow out bucket when the time comes? Again I am very thankful for all of the great answers I have already recieved just by reading the journals on this site and am blown away by all of the honest hard work that goes into them. Thanks for sharing your experience with a very new noob. :Namaste:

Thanks Hiker for the great info. I just looked at the CAP ebb and flow. It looks very similar to the bubble one only cheaper. How big do your plants get in 2 gal buckets? I am thinking that the plants can get bigger if I was to use the 5 gal buckets on the bubble flow system (but honestly I have no clue, it just seems intuitive). Also if you do not mind another noob question, I will be growing from seeds that I purchased from a 420 sponsor. Can you recomend a good quality germinating/cloning setup? And what do use for growing medium, hydroton seems to be fairly common but so does rockwool. So I guess I am concerned that I through some seeds in a solo cup and then move them to a ziplock bag and wet paper towel, what do I move them to after they produce a root? and will I be able to move that to the grow out bucket when the time comes? Again I am very thankful for all of the great answers I have already recieved just by reading the journals on this site and am blown away by all of the honest hard work that goes into them. Thanks for sharing your experience with a very new noob. :Namaste:

I agree that intuitively, you would think a 5g bucket would be better than a 2g bucket. I've not really found that to be the case. The 2g bucket DOES limit how long they can be in there, but it's plenty for a flowering cycle and then some. I have vegged for 6 weeks and THEN flowered with no ill affect. Yes the root balls were pretty tight by the end, but they plants stayed healthy. Really the biggest issue is the water flow slows substantially as the plants fill the pot with roots. Just change your timer, ie longer less frequent cycles.

For media, I like rock. Hydroton is gone, but there are a few products out there that are the same thing. I like the Canna something rocks. Sorry don't have the bags around and it's been awhile. They are more spherical than other rock. I think they roots clean off them easier.

For sprouting, just get a seedling/clone tray with a humidity dome. If you want to make a lot of clones, it's pretty easy to DIY a cloner. I start my seeds in tiny rockwool cubes and hand water. Once I see some roots, I put those directly into the rock. Try to get the rockwool just barely touching the water line.

My journal has details about how I did all this stuff. I wrote a little howto on searching threads to make them more efficient.
Hiker's How To #1 - Reading Old Journals More Efficiently

Might help you to skim through my thread easier.

Thanks Hiker
I wound up going with a very basic dwc setup. I upgraded it with a couple of pumps to make it a recirculating system. I will be picking up all the hydro gear this weekend. Next week I will get the tent. Then all I am waiting on is the seeds. I just got off the phone with them and they are saying that it will be anywhere from 10 to 28 days from now and that is after I placed the order two weeks ago. I do not know if that is a typical experience when dealing with seed banks. Like I said, everything is new to me as this will be my first foray into growing MMJ and also my first time growing anything with hydro. I like to think that I have a pretty good green thumb, but I just grow outside on my patio and in my flower gardens. just throw down a few seeds and the strong will survive. But MMJ seeds are darn expensive and apparantly take 2 months to arrive. So I will need to make a lot more effort in making sure they get the sweet treatment so they have better survival. I am going to not worry about cloning or making a seperate mother/clone tent. I am going to make it simple and just have one grow area and see how this will work for me in my setup.

anyway thanks for all of the help.

Back
Top Bottom