Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

re: Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

the plants look good. the advanced led panel is still higher than the top led panel. you should lower the advanced led panel.

Yes I know it higher, its lens focus the light more then the reflector in TopLED so for same footprint it needs to be higher.

Thanks though, surprised no one else said that yet it always been about 6" higher.

I think that's what radogast meant. do you really believe that leds need to be that far away? I'm thinking about getting an led panel, but my plants would be 6-12" away from the panel due to height restrictions, maybe even closer. I would get the 100 x 3 watt model though, so maybe it would be fine?

Glad to see this convo make its way around again. Since we really don't know.

The last we talked I was playing around 12". Just for giggles I lowered the LED to within 6" for a few days. I saw no adverse effect however since all the conversation was leaning towards no lower than 12" at best I decided on joining the mass's. Went up to 12" where I keep it through most of the grow and raising it in the second half of flowering to 24".

Per TopLED the 96*3 Reflector Series, is supposed to be 18-24" for flowering and 24-36" for bloom.

Sure it needs to be tested but who wants to loose a crop testing it...LOL.

I'd love to know the exact for my LED but I at least know my safe zone.

This thing is it will all be panel dependent too.

With the 3Ws I have seen people grow like up to panel with littel bad effects...but with higher wattage need more of a buffer.

This thing is it will all be panel dependent too.

With the 3Ws I have seen people grow like up to panel with littel bad effects...but with higher wattage need more of a buffer.

Agreed....

And don't forget about that dam cone effect thing of the LED itself. I think it was already said since the Advance side has to be up higher to compensate the beam of the TopLED.

Beam, footprint....whatever it is. Too far away and you loose that and too close you burn them.

I think that's what radogast meant. do you really believe that leds need to be that far away? I'm thinking about getting an led panel, but my plants would be 6-12" away from the panel due to height restrictions, maybe even closer. I would get the 100 x 3 watt model though, so maybe it would be fine?

I had plants get 6" and closer to a DS200 and whole tops of colas were bleached and nasty. I was forced to cut that part of the buds away.
if height is a restriction I would choose a light doesn't have double lens. maybe reflector COB , or single lens. :)

I had plants get 6" and closer to a DS200 and whole tops of colas were bleached and nasty. I was forced to cut that part of the buds away.
if height is a restriction I would choose a light doesn't have double lens. maybe reflector COB , or single lens. :)

I agree Ronnie, except for not COB, as COB are MUCH more intense then single diodes in small area of output.

How goes your side by side not seen update in few days?

how many diodes in the ds200? I see they are 3 watts each, but not how many there are. cob? single lens? thanks for the info man!

I agree Ronnie, except for not COB, as COB are MUCH more intense then single diodes in small area of output.

How goes your side by side not seen update in few days?

new update just posted

how many diodes in the ds200? I see they are 3 watts each, but not how many there are. cob? single lens? thanks for the info man!

100 3w diodes in the DS200 with double lens.

is the one darker green what's your opion so far on the lights I am in love with both my LED's but before ordering the third want to see what you are thinking and some comparison.

Do you have a favorite of the two for the "Veg" stage

So this would be flower Day 3.

Powered through mite damage. The advanced side seems a bit bigger, I think clone was a bit bugger to start. Keep on eye to see if it seems to pull ahead more.

As usual Top LED on left, Advanced on right.(sorry forgot to rotate before upload)
DSCN23145.JPG
LED_comparo_1_.JPG
LED_comparo_2_.JPG
LED_comparo_3_.JPG
LED_comparo_4_.JPG

great looking plants.

Looking great in there! Very similar leaf posture and structures, so pretty even from what I see. :peace::Namaste:
Agreed...

Back
Top Bottom