Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

re: Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

They can't accurately read the red frequencies so they can only be used as a guide imo

They can't accurately read the red frequencies so they can only be used as a guide imo

its not that they cant read them , different sensors underestimate the readings in around the 660nm range. the Licor par meters are accurate. :)

platinum led is talking a lot of game.

With a lot of claims that are IMO a little off.... they claim USA MADE...which I can almost bet they are not... especially with a mailing address as a PO Box.

They say they use Bridgelux diodes... well bridgelux makes only blue and white that I am aware of...

In their PAR video test, it was done in a reflective tent which is including reflected light in their readings (I know I did the same in my videos but mine was only for the sake of demonstration and not advertising or actual lab type measurements)

They still look to be powerful lights...but I'm just curious what really makes them stand out over other brands that currently use the same diodes.. I can almost bet its epistar, epiled and bridgelux..

Still curious to see them in action because hey, if they work better than the rest for a better price..then I'm cool with that..

Most LED companies use the Apogee to test their PAR readings & these are in-accurate, how much do Licor par meters cost?

its not that they cant read them , different sensors underestimate the readings in around the 660nm range. the Licor par meters are accurate. :)

When I was doing my research on buying one, I too found Licor to be the most accurate. I went with Apogee because it was the next in line down the list as far as accuracy (and far cheeper), and was very close to comparison to the Licor, however had a drop off in the deep blue region as well as over 660nm... I talked with the Apogee engineer for a good hour and he said for what we are doing with LED, it is within about a 5% error margin which isn't a lot. He also mentioned on the Apogee models if the LED's use white light its best to use them on the "sunlight setting". And just a FYI... the sun system PAR meters are the exact same thing as Apogee (except with a green label) the internals are exactly the same which I confirmed by Apogee :)

Hope you guys don't mind me chiming in and sharing what I have learned :) I'm kind of a LED fanatic :)

Most LED companies use the Apogee to test their PAR readings & these are in-accurate, how much do Licor par meters cost?

From what I have seen it looks like around $800 and up, the sensor by itself is around 500$ not including the datalogger.

So not cheap then. The guy who I've bought my next light off said Skye Instruments are also accurate but cost a fortune

Sounds like Curso is testing a Platinum so this should give us a good idea.

I'm happy he is testing one... I looked at their par readings and they seem to be very bright...

SO the buds are now dried out. I seem to have lost my scale, so no weights.

The Advanced side buds seem a bit bigger in general and looks to be SLIGHTLY more in jar(Advanced is on left, Top LED on right)...
3X3_1_.JPG

Here are some buds out of jars, no big buds a bunch of small ones...

3X3_2_.JPG
DSCN25444.JPG
DSCN25453.JPG

The smell is great on these buds though, will smoke some later or tomorrow and see if any difference, not expecting anything real different if at all from the smell and look of both.

The Advanced side seem to have a bit more 'fullness' to buds, apparent in pics.

Overall I would now say the Advanced performed SLIGHTLY better, maybe 5%-10% tops, at 3 times the price.

SO the buds are now dried out. I seem to have lost my scale, so no weights.

The Advanced side buds seem a bit bigger in general and looks to be SLIGHTLY more in jar(Advanced is on left, Top LED on right)...
3X3_1_.JPG

Here are some buds out of jars, no big buds a bunch of small ones...

3X3_2_.JPG
DSCN25444.JPG
DSCN25453.JPG

The smell is great on these buds though, will smoke some later or tomorrow and see if any difference, not expecting anything real different if at all from the smell and look of both.

The Advanced side seem to have a bit more 'fullness' to buds, apparent in pics.

Overall I would now say the Advanced performed SLIGHTLY better, maybe 5%-10% tops, at 3 times the price.

:goodjob::thanks::cheer::volcano-smiley:

I understand it doesn't seem like alot of advantage for 3x times more , but there are other factors to consider.
top quality diodes will not degrade nearly as fast as other diodes so in a year the same test with the same panels might result in 25% or more weight difference.
I think Top Led is great for anyone on a budget. but if your in it for the long haul , you have to consider more than initial performance.

great job bro + reps

:goodjob::thanks::cheer::volcano-smiley:

I understand it doesn't seem like alot of advantage for 3x times more , but there are other factors to consider.
top quality diodes will not degrade nearly as fast as other diodes so in a year the same test with the same panels might result in 25% or more weight difference.
I think Top Led is great for anyone on a budget. but if your in it for the long haul , you have to consider more than initial performance.

great job bro + reps

I agree completely that is part of the equation. And only time will tell for that, so far no problems with any lights i bought. Be interesting to try test again in year with same panels, but by then be something newer and 'better'.

another thing to consider is one trying to grow top shelf quality bud that last 10% is MUCH harder to attain then first 90%, so for example it would not have to have 3 times the yield or other quality metric to be worth 3 times more.

and thanks for reps! I keep forgetting about those to give or receive.

I just wanted to add that overall I am disappointed with the quality of this grow. Many reasons but wont go into again :)

But i bet this is about an OZ of good smoke, which will get me far into next harvest :volcano-smiley:

Well I have smoked some of buds from each side, well vaped :volcano-smiley:.

Not any noticeable difference between the two, both are the clean/upper Sativa high of the Hawaiian Snow. Very sweet and fruity taste/smell. Overall I really like the smoke from this strain, looking forward to the bigger plants I have it that are a different longer pheno finishing up in the 4'X4' tent #1 right now.

anyhow going to have admin move this thread to completed, hopefully it helped some people out.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom