Advanced Nutrients - How much do I need?

Anon81

First, please don't turn this into an AN bashing thread. I've done a lot of research for the past few weeks for my first grow and I have pretty much decided on the AN line with sunshine advanced mix #4. Mainly for the added pH stability and ease of use.

3 plants in 3 gal air pots in a 2x4 area, probably shooting for a finished height of 3', unless I decide to do LST and scrog instead of lollipopping.

The question I'm having is how much do I need to buy? I will be using the pH perfect sensi grow and bloom as well as the hobbiest bundle(voodoo juice, b-52, big bud, overdrive). Do I need 1 liter bottles of all of these for 2-3 runs? Anything I can buy smaller bottles of? I will be feeding at every watering and I don't know just how much water 3 plants like this are likely to absorb on a weekly basis.

Also, does anyone have a proper feeding schedule from seed to harvest using these products? I've read the manufacturer's guidelines, but they just list it as weeks without defining which growth stage. The bloom also only shows being fed for 6 weeks when blooming will last at least 8 weeks.

Finally, should I add anything such as coarse perlite or hydroton in this mix? If so how much?

Thanks!

One last thing. I will be using RODI water, will I need a cal/mag supplement or will the nutes I listed take care of that?

The AN web has the feeding schedule posted in either metric or SI units. Surf around there a bit and you'll find it. I'm not sure what the "Sunshine" mix is regarding soil vs soilless. Two things to consider:

1). I believe AN PH perfect buffers to a PH of 5.8. I'm not sure if this will be an issue in soil. It's on the low side of optimum but might get you by

2). There may be some issue with PH buffering at "half strength" mixing. At the very least, mixing half strength may shorten the time your feed solution stays stable.

Good luck! I'm about to give the same coco series a try here in the near future. I've got the exact same lineup for coco. The supplements are actually the same. You should be able to utilize their calculator and cross reference with your flowering time and decide what size supplements you can get by with. Good luck!

They say you don't need CaMg supplements. The coco series has enhanced Ca to address coco requirements. Either way, you'll be fine for the first month or so. Good luck!

I've been reading their schedule, just kind of hard to estimate the amount of solution I will go through on a weekly basis. I guess that will be hard to guess based on many variables, figured there might be a general estimate.

Sunshine advanced #4 is is a mix of "Canadian Sphagnum peat moss, perlite, coir, dolomite lime, gypsum, organic fertilizer, proprietary blend of endomycorrhizae, and organic wetting agent".

I guess I'll just have to give it a shot and keep an eye out for any changes. Hoping I can get a good quality run, or at the very least not destroy it.

It should work very well in that soilless mix. If I were to estimate..

I'd feed every day. In a 3G pot, you should get some good runoff at 1/2 G of water/feed. I'd run the nutrient solution at half the recommended dosage. Consider 4 weeks of veg (the 1st 2 weeks will be touch and feel at minimum quantities) and 8 weeks of flower.

Veg = 1.5G/day x 28 days x 1/2(50% strength) = 21 G total
Bloom = Veg x 2 (8 weeks vs 4 weeks) = 42G total

You'll actually water twice that volume but should be able to use those numbers to estimate nutrient solution. Just figure your supplements proportionally to the veg bloom feed schedule.

Edit:
Veg = 4 weeks + 2 weeks of seedling (very low concentration) for 6 weeks total

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom