Advanced Nutrients PH Down

Here are my thoughts on Advanced Nutrients PH Down,
I had been using GH PH down which I was purchasing for 21.00 per gallon. My hydro shop noticed I was using A LOT of PH down. I would guess on average I would use 2 ounces of GH PH down to get my 55 gallon res to the numbers I felt ok with. Generally started at 6.2 and I wanted to get it to at least 5.7. Somedays I'd need more.

Having to adjust 2 and now 3 of those barrels I was going through a ton. The hydroshop finally convinced me to give it a try. It was double the price at 40.00 for a gallon. That gallon weighed a TON!. They told me it was concentrated and boy were they right. I now use only a 1/4 ounce to drop my PH from 6.2 to now 5.3 !!! As you can see my savings will be huge!! I have found it to be very stable and I would suggest anyone who uses large amounts of PH down to purchase this product.

IMG_040112.JPG

My hydro guy sold me the same one, except in my case its almost too concentrated. finally after using it for awhile I've figured out that 0.5 ml will drop the pH in my 4 gallon bucket by almost 2 points.

Great stuff if you have large reservoirs. If you are like me a mix batches on a small scale, it can almost be too concentrated.

My hydro guy sold me the same one, except in my case its almost too concentrated. finally after using it for awhile I've figured out that 0.5 ml will drop the pH in my 4 gallon bucket by almost 2 points.

Great stuff if you have large reservoirs. If you are like me a mix batches on a small scale, it can almost be too concentrated.

Yea BigDog your're right. If it were me and I was using a 5 gal bubble bucket I wouldn't want to use the stuff. This is for large scale use.

Here are my thoughts on Advanced Nutrients PH Down,
I had been using GH PH down which I was purchasing for 21.00 per gallon. My hydro shop noticed I was using A LOT of PH down. I would guess on average I would use 2 ounces of GH PH down to get my 55 gallon res to the numbers I felt ok with. Generally started at 6.2 and I wanted to get it to at least 5.7. Somedays I'd need more.

Having to adjust 2 and now 3 of those barrels I was going through a ton. The hydroshop finally convinced me to give it a try. It was double the price at 40.00 for a gallon. That gallon weighed a TON!. They told me it was concentrated and boy were they right. I now use only a 1/4 ounce to drop my PH from 6.2 to now 5.3 !!! As you can see my savings will be huge!! I have found it to be very stable and I would suggest anyone who uses large amounts of PH down to purchase this product.

IMG_040112.JPG

Nice info.

I haven't really found a use for AN pH Down as I use the pH Perfect technology. It takes away any need for it, IMHO

And I watch my grow pretty carefully so my pH troubles are minimal at best.

Back
Top Bottom