Advanced Nutrients Query: Sensi Grow 2part

Alobar

This may be a dumb question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

I bought Sensi Grow & Sensi Bloom.

I'm a first-time grower with 5 indica ladies in Veg stage (6 weeks old) in BioBizz soilless mix. 11 liter Atami pots under a big CFL. They're doing ok.
1 is doing very well, 3 are growing slowly but putting out new growth. 1 seems to have given up.

AN Sensi grow seems to be 'designed' for reservior use in a hydro system with no directions for using it in dirt.
Does this mean I can't?

I assume it won't damage the ladies but will I lose some of the benefit? Would I be better to stick with the Iguana juice as my NPK?

I would normally mix 12 liters of PH 6.4 water with the recommended dose of Iguana Juice and add other AN additives as directed. Feeding every 4 days. Watering as needed (usually every 2-3 days)

Thanks in advance, guys.

This may be a dumb question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

I bought Sensi Grow & Sensi Bloom.

I'm a first-time grower with 5 indica ladies in Veg stage (6 weeks old) in BioBizz soilless mix. 11 liter Atami pots under a big CFL. They're doing ok.
1 is doing very well, 3 are growing slowly but putting out new growth. 1 seems to have given up.

AN Sensi grow seems to be 'designed' for reservior use in a hydro system with no directions for using it in dirt.
Does this mean I can't?

I assume it won't damage the ladies but will I lose some of the benefit? Would I be better to stick with the Iguana juice as my NPK?

I would normally mix 12 liters of PH 6.4 water with the recommended dose of Iguana Juice and add other AN additives as directed. Feeding every 4 days. Watering as needed (usually every 2-3 days)

Thanks in advance, guys.

Here's the truth: AN isn't just for hydro, though I think it's better for hydro. I think their shtick is that they want to be hydro specific, but if you just tweak the recipes a bit, you will be able to use them in soil too.

Hydro is a strong sort of arrangement, so the nutes get right to the nutes, but with soil, it can take a while for the nutes to get through the nutes. What you might want to do is to add a little heavier with your schedule.

See how that works.

You're new, so it might just take a few times to get your rhythm down to see what works well for your plants.

Something that I first thought when I saw this thread was that you might need to just be okay with one of your plants not doing well. Sometimes just one of them will crash with no reason for it.

Or you can see if you have enough:

water
light
nutes
humidity

If these things aren't working well for your grow room, then you have bigger issues than choosing the right nute.

Advanced works on both soil and hydro. If you watch any of the urban grower vidoes by advanced, most of those are in soil. They have a nutrient calculator on their web site telling you exactly how much to use per week. all you do is enter how many gallons of water you will be using to give to your plants. I use a 5 gallon bucket for the water. I always leave it full with no top to loose the chlorine and put and air stone with pump to keep the water oxygenated. I mix the nutrients into a gallon jug and dole out the amount per liter that goes to each plant. all you need is a funnel, 1 liter bottles and a syringe to measure out your nutes and your in. The green house seed comp grown its cannabis cup winning plant all in soil. Watch their videos and they tell you soil gives better taste and hydro gives more weight.

To clearify the calculator wants you to put in how much water you will use PER WEEK so they can calculate how much nutes you will use per week.
I feed only about half the gallon of nutes on monday and the rest fed on thursday

Avalance is right on the money. The iguana juice is made for soil and sensi for hydro true but you can use sensi in soil with no I'll effects but the iguana juice in hydro might leave you with what I call organic slugde( a really nasty looking brown gunk that comes from the organic nutes that are unsolved and fall to the bottom. I wouldn't combine the two through. Plus if your growin in soil use the iguana juice first then the sensi as a backup.

If you have the Sensi grow a&b as well as sensi Bloom A&B you must get liquid (not powder)carbo load to add weight to the buds, bud candy for flavor.
They only run about $40 for a 1 liter bottle that will last a few grows so go for it and do it right.
I feel that if your going to put the time and effort into a grow you should go as far as your wallet will let you.
At the end of the day, its the yield and taste that makes the nutrients worth the cash. You would have to spend alot more than $40 on a bad of ok smoke so go for it!

Bud candy is awesome and smells good enough to eat. It's super molasses with all the different sugar sources and some different amino acids.

Guys, thanks so much for all the advice above. I've been offline for a while but back now.

Through experimentation I've discovered that Sensi grow doesn't work so good in soil as the only source of NPK but it sure as hell works great in conjunction with Iguana Grow.

I culled the weakest plant today to concentrate on the 4 that are putting out new growth. I think I may have to cull one more but time will tell.

I'm going to leave the ladies in veg for 3 more weeks then go 12/12. Fingers crossed. I have AN 'Liquid carbo Load' and 'Bud blood' ready to go.

Thanks again, 420 folks. You rock.

Back
Top Bottom