Advanced Sensi vs Aurora Soul Synthetics DWC Showdown

hey guys, thought id take a second to make a seperate thread for these guys so they dont get lost in the other grow and so that those with interest can follow along without having to try and catch bits and pieces on the other thread. so here we go.

this is by no means a completely scientific comparison, they will be sharing the light with my ongoing perpetual grow.

ill be growing my heavy d pheno side by side in 5 gallon dwc bucket using hydroton and 6' net pots.
ill be using advanced nutrients sensi grow and bloom two part mixes in one and auroras soul synthetics in the other.

they will be vegged under a 600whps in a 4x4 gl120 homebox for probably 5 weeks total.. waiting for the last cycle to finish out before i can move them in.

the will be flowering in a 4x8 custom built enclosure under 3x600whps.
so with that lets get the show on the road

420magjournal_029.jpg

420magjournal_075.jpg
420magjournal_076.jpg
420magjournal_079.jpg

once the roots hit the resevoir the advanced bucket began burning up, it looked like it was over before it began.
i let the an bucket stew a while, i wanted to add water but i said id stick to manufacturers feeding schedules and damnit i will lol. so i let her be , come res change day i pulled her out pleasantly surprised to find she was recovering. ugly, but showing new growth and the roots ere still goin so i staed the course, meanwhile aurora was having a good life, though showing a slight p deficiency initially she seems to have leveled out now.

420magjournal_080.jpg

advanced ending week 1:
420magjournal_1731.jpg

420magjournal_137.jpg

aurora ending week 1:
420magjournal_1761.jpg

420magjournal_1381.jpg

Some random shots. Advanced is in the orange bucket in the first pic of.this.post but in the green for the rest of this post
420magjournal_452.jpg
420magjournal_426.jpg
420magjournal_430.jpg
420magjournal_427.jpg
420magjournal_432.jpg

420magjournal_452.jpg
420magjournal_528.jpg
420magjournal_529.jpg
420magjournal_224.jpg
420magjournal_227.jpg
420magjournal_223.jpg
420magjournal_1812.jpg

Roots finally took hold after a few weeks and advanced started on her path to redemption. She wasted no time.catching up to her competitor

(Not the black is sediment from dusty beat up hydroton and has.since been dealt with.
Aurora in the green bucket advanced in the orange
420magjournal_434.jpg
420magjournal_4371.jpg
420magjournal_4381.jpg
420magjournal_441.jpg
420magjournal_443.jpg
420magjournal_444.jpg
420magjournal_447.jpg

420magjournal_584.jpg
420magjournal_587.jpg

Advanced standing pround (below)
420magjournal_5771.jpg

Aurora green bucket advanced in orange
420magjournal_580.jpg
420magjournal_581.jpg
420magjournal_6851.jpg
420magjournal_687.jpg
420magjournal_6881.jpg
420magjournal_691.jpg
420magjournal_6931.jpg

Ok were all up to date. Updates will be sporadic but I will make an effort to be regular about them. Keep me reminded by posting every now and then. Enjoy!
:Namaste:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Advance better pick up quick.
I have tried others but for all things considered Advance Is for me.
I still got to try BPN
I use Advacce senc2 veg and bloom or the connoisseur mainly for the ph perfect and the local hydro shop gives me a dicount ($20 a and b)
that is 60 for flower and $10 for veg.
:peace:

She's hellbent on revenge man I'm not counting her out in any way. Ill get more detailed from here on out but in some ways I like her more than the Aurora in some ways I like the Aurora plant more than an. Its gonna be an interesting go I think.

I dont know how you do all this plus school and working.
Whats your secret? Good medicine lol. I had to rep you for all you do.
This is gonna be great to watch and learn from. Thanks!!!!
Hey bill. Glad to see you made it over my way.
It took a lot of practice to maintain this level of sheer awesomeness and badassery. :rofl:

Lol. Jk, I have a strong desire to learn new things constantly, my friends lovingly call me Google and wiki lol. The desire is a deep one, almost obsessive. I'm famously impatient so I just "go" lol. But to maintain it requires money so I gotta work. I'm very good at making money off my hobbies (not weed. Ask anyone ill never sale a gram.. I use my work and hobbies to pay for the garden so KY patient can stay medicated and still afford his medical bills. ) however school is expensive so I'm forced to work. I work at family owned or locally small business that are very flexible with me as they see my desire to learn and grow and want to aid in nurturing it.

I am indeed a very lucky man. Almost nothing I do would be possible if it weren't for all the amazing people and support I have been blessed with in my life (this includes all you 420ers that have had my back unconditionally since day one.. sexy bitches ;)) I'm not a significant or well off man so I can't repay in riches. So I do what I can when I can. Be that paying out of pocket to grow another medicine. to ease the life of a cancer patient, or simply posting a tutorial and answering questions. I feel a debt to those in my life for allowing me to be.me and will always have love for all as they've never sought to collect on such a debt but rather find sufficiency in me being who I am. I am blessed with many people who want to see me succeed
None of this would be possible otherwise. :circle-of-love::Namaste::thanks::green_heart::bigtoke:

All is well today. Did some training and a light defoliation on em to get them on the right path.
Snapped a few root shots for u perverts asking about my ladies underparts ;)
Advanced in the orange bucket Aurora in the green.
420magjournal_6851.jpg
420magjournal_687.jpg
420magjournal_6881.jpg
420magjournal_691.jpg
420magjournal_6931.jpg
420magjournal_6911.jpg
420magjournal_694.jpg
420magjournal_695.jpg
420magjournal_7001.jpg
420magjournal_701.jpg
420magjournal_7041.jpg
420magjournal_705.jpg
420magjournal_708.jpg
420magjournal_709.jpg
420magjournal_712.jpg
420magjournal_7141.jpg
420magjournal_7151.jpg
420magjournal_7181.jpg
420magjournal_7191.jpg
420magjournal_721.jpg
420magjournal_725.jpg

As am I. The roots are winning in Aurora but the growth rates are (now) higher above the substrate in advanced with.tighter nodes thus far but she also seems to have revegged a bit. I am pulling for Aurora if nothing else than the price point. Its a bit less chemical comprised than an which is appealing to me plus has humic acid. It cost about 8-11 less than advanced at retail and with my wholesale its almost half the price of advanced. Very appealing. Factor in that its a one part mix no more lugging two bottles back and fourth on Res changes and having to make a.second trip for the syringe and Ph pen /solution etc. Can take it all in one trip AND the bucket Haha. So all in all I definetly like Aurora more thus far, but I aim to remain unbiased and let the results speak for themselves.

Roots in the Aurora bucket are stomping advanced. All is well otherwise, Ph is stable as a rock table and temps are holding strong at 66.3 degrees
420magjournal_799.jpg
420magjournal_800.jpg
420magjournal_803.jpg
420magjournal_804.jpg
420magjournal_807.jpg
420magjournal_808.jpg
420magjournal_811.jpg
420magjournal_812.jpg

Cool. Thank god I found this before it hit 20 pages!

It took a lot of practice to maintain this level of sheer awesomeness and badassery. :rofl:

:rofl: :biglaugh:

Hey mate glad u did as well. Must not look at my sig much eh? Lol. It changes every few weeks. At the very least ill cycle through quotes of Beatles lyrics. This round its "happiness is a warm gun" of course.. but with the season I'm thinking taxman may be better suited next tike.

Hey pop. Glad to see ya over here. Some people just can't get enough of me. I understand ;) lol. Thanks for stopping in and the kind emoticons of course.
:Namaste: tomorrow is Res change day as well as my :420: day so ill get some proper updates squared away.

I know I'm not including much details here. And would like to change that so please feel free to ask questions or tell me what specific aspect u may be interested in knowing and ill be sure to include it wherever possible. Thanks guys!
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom