Advice for growing

jueyman

Sorry if this not section but the forum is so big and full of information that can be overwhelming for a noob like me. I want to start to grow, I don't plant to do much like a 1 or 2 plants maximum. I read that the main advice is to not buy pre built grow boxes and built one. I'm not very skilled in building stuff and I was thinking in buying a pre-built system but although money is not an issue , everything sounds quite over price. Also I tried to find reviews but almost all review are made from members with 1 or 2 posts. So I still struggling with the idea about what to do so decided my chance to start a thread and see if members can help me despite that I have small number of posts and I know that sometimes look suspicious.

Is there any good pre-built system that can be buy or any thread where are steps by step in making one myself. One of the important things I need is to be very stealth since where I live is not legal yet. Sorry if this type of question are made often I'm just very confuse in what I need to do. Also if anyone have plans from a built and can share or sell is also welcome. Also if you don't understand my writing, English is not my first Language so sorry about that.

Every covert grow is going to be different, so maybe tell us what you want to get out of your grow.

In very general terms you might want your grow split into two areas; area one would be a mother plant that stays in veg, and area two that is for rooted clones put directly into flower SOG (Sea of Green) style.

Going directly from rooted clones into flower cuts your risk by accelerating the turnaround time for your grow.

Flowering directly from rooted clones also shrinks the space you need to grow. You will also be growing as many clones as you can pack under your light, this makes great use of the energy you are using and will increase your yield.

As for lights, LED lights are perfect for covert grows, they are expensive though.

Hi and thanks for replying. To be honest I don't have number in mind. Just want to be able to grow 1 plant or 2 . No more than that since wife doesn't want me to grow but she said to me that if I can show you that I can grow it stealthy, she will no complain. We both use it for anxiety and I'm tire of having to get it from a dealer that doesn't even know what is selling.

I read that LED produce a lot of heat and me being from Puerto Rico, that means that I will have to deal with heat. Thanks for advice about cloning.

I agree that having 2 grow areas would be best for you. Depending on the size of the area you will be allotting yourself to grow you can build one pretty easy with PVC pipe and Panda film here is a link to youtube explaining what you will need and where to buy the materials. Building a Grow Tent with PVC ( Part 1 & 2) It is super simple and anyone could make it.

I agree that having 2 grow areas would be best for you. Depending on the size of the area you will be allotting yourself to grow you can build one pretty easy with PVC pipe and Panda film here is a link to youtube explaining what you will need and where to buy the materials. Building a Grow Tent with PVC ( Part 1 & 2) It is super simple and anyone could make it.

Hi I don't see the link or you mean that I can find it on the forum?

Also would I be able to make the tent stealth? odor control etc?

Since is not legal here, stealth is a big concern for me. Thanks for all the replies. I know is a pain to someone explain things to newcomers like me.

It cost quite a bit to get started properly. I still check out Craigslist and offerup.com constantly for deals on tents and ballasts. As a matter of fact just picked up an entire 600w set up for $60 tonight. Still on and working fine. Point is, you can find anything you need on the internet.... Cheap. Amazon is also good. A small tent 3x3 tent with a 600w an inline fan and filter will run you about $300 new from amazon. That's really it beside the small things like pots and nutes, you'll need.

You could always check out some the sponsors for this site. Leds don't emit to much heat nothing that a bit of ventilation can't fix. I just got a mars hydro reflector 96x5 led panel for my flowering box. And just to give you a visual of a SOG style grow here's some pictures of mine.
WP_20160122_05_16_48_Pro.jpg
WP_20160122_02_30_52_Pro.jpg

You could always check out some the sponsors for this site. Leds don't emit to much heat nothing that a bit of ventilation can't fix. I just got a mars hydro reflector 96x5 led panel for my flowering box. And just to give you a visual of a SOG style grow here's some pictures of mine.
WP_20160122_05_16_48_Pro.jpg
WP_20160122_02_30_52_Pro.jpg

Nice setup and thanks for replying. I have look at leads. I think what scares me in building a box or whatever I will try to do is to be able to create a good filter to control the odor.

Ya if smell is a big problem for you then you might want to buy a tent that can be hooked up to a carbon filter, i personally don't worry alot about smell so I won't be much help with suggesting a carbon filter sadly. Like I said before though might not hurt to browse the sponsors of this site from what I understand there are a few that sell tents and what not.

Unfortunately I have to worried about odor and stealth specially because my wife gave me only that condition to grow. I didn't have a tent in consideration because I don't see how I can't hide without someone asking what it is that. I was thinking in a cabinet because I think I can hide it better unless I'm wrong.

If you stuck with a small tent and tucked it away in a closet or something that would be stealthy. If you are capable you could convert a cabinet into a grow chamber, i suppose a Google search could maybe spark some ideas for ya.

If you stuck with a small tent and tucked it away in a closet or something that would be stealthy. If you are capable you could convert a cabinet into a grow chamber, i suppose a Google search could maybe spark some ideas for ya.

Thanks for the advice, I will have to rethink my idea about a grow tent. Maybe I could consider using one

Well thanks to this thread and the very helpful advice of members here. I'm pretty sure I will buy a tent. I saw a not too big tent from mars and probably will buy it with a led from them too. Now I just need to focus in the other stuff like the fan etc. I'm also thinking in starting with soil since I have some experience growing tomato in pots with success.

Don't know if this thread would be the best place to ask this but I have nearly me setup complete. I bought a 3 x 3 tent with some led lights from mars . I also bough an inline fan with a carbon filter. Would the carbon filter be okay to control the odor or I should add something else ask backup like ona gel?

Don't know if this thread would be the best place to ask this but I have nearly me setup complete. I bought a 3 x 3 tent with some led lights from mars . I also bough an inline fan with a carbon filter. Would the carbon filter be okay to control the odor or I should add something else ask backup like ona gel?

As long as the filter and fan are properly sized, they will be sufficient. Did you get a speed controller for your fan, highly recommend.

As long as the filter and fan are properly sized, they will be sufficient. Did you get a speed controller for your fan, highly recommend.

Yes I got a speed controller. One of the conditions my wife gave me in order for me to grow, was to hide the odor So is a concern for me , but if carbon filter works well then I will go forward with my grow plan.

Back
Top Bottom