Advice for new indoor grower

ItsNatural

I have a few outdoor grows under my belt but never grew indoors. So Im looking for advice and suggestions for my setup, and anything you may think i need to know. First my budget is about $600-$700. For start up anyway.
I only plan to grow about 3 or 4 at a time in soil for personal use. Im prolly gonna start with sour diesel or og kush. (unless someone knows a better strain. Something with yield and strength.)
My plan from all the research iv done in my price range is this
Mars 2 900 or a Mars REFLECTOR 192 (which ever is better) and a 3' 3''X 3' 3''X 5' 11''GROW TENT from Mars Hydro. Thats about as far as iv got. So my main questions are:
1) For the price, Is Mars the best choice? (I only get one shot at this) And if so, which Mars should I go with? The Mars 2 900 or the Reflectors series.
2) How many plants can I really grow in that tent with that light. Im thinking i should be able to get 4 but I really have No clue. I honestly just want enough to last till the next batch is done.
3)What other equipment will I need? Right away and what can wait. This is a stealth grow with neighbors about 100 feet away. I know ill need a carbon filter but can it wait. if not where on the tent should it be put.
4) what strain is recommended. Looking for something strong, pretty, tasty, with the best yield that may be easy on a noob.
Thank you to any and all who helps me in my crusade to be self sufficient. Im kinda nervous about where i can do it or not but I unfortunately live in a place where there is nothing but dirt weed around. I Love this plant in every way and want to enjoy the best it has to offer like every person should be able to.
ps sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

Hi and :welcome: to 420!

1) You could consider other options like getting a complete tent kit, you can get those for around as little as $300 same size or a bit bigger than the Mars tent with 400w-600w HID light. Or you could build a stealth box/closet yourself. That being said I have the Mars Reflectors and I really like them.
It pretty much comes down to how much you wanna spend and how stealthy you want you setup to be.

2) 4 plants will fit, but so will 16 small or 1 very big;)

3) Other than the light and the tent you need: Extraction fan, carbon filter, ducting, circulation fan, pots, soil, nutes, seeds/clones, pH measuring equipment. thermo/hygrometer.
Additionally it might be nice to have a speed controller for the extraction fan and maybe a silencer or some acoustic ducting.

4) Really depends on your taste there are many ''easy'' to grow strains, check out Herbie's or other seeds banks/breeders and grow journals on this site.

Happy growing:Namaste:

Thank you @PurpleGunRack for taking the time to help and post. A follow up if you will.
2) of those choices (4/ 16/1) which would you think would be more friendly and have a higher success rate for a 1st timer.

3) aside from of course pots, soil, nutes, seeds, light, and tent. What are the MUST have to start and what are the ones I can add as time goes on. And I had planned on using either 3 or 5 gallon buckets. Will that be ok or should i actually get some real pots for them?

I think 4 plants is the easiest and buckets will be fine as long as you drill holes in the bottom for drainage.
-A rule of thumb: Bigger pots = bigger plants.

You need you to have: an extraction fan to remove stale air and sucking in fresh air from a passive intake(you can add a carbon filter later), a way to measure the pH of your water ($10 drops will be fine), thermo/hygrometer, a circulation fan (cheap small one is fine).
Check out ebay, amazon etc. there a lots of cheap items.

100 feet from neighbors going stealth,, good luck bro. Invest in some ona. Careful what strain you run. 100 feet away my neighbors can smell my farts with the right wind.

I think in that tent I'd grow two awesome plants, maybe three but it might get crowded in there.

Good luck,.lots of info out there, take your time and ask as many questions as possible while it's free ;)

Mars grow sine good plants, plenty of folks run them...

Back
Top Bottom