Advice from experienced outdoorsmen & women

captaincronik

Hey all..
Im in southern ontario, about an hour north of toronto

Growing freezeland, in promix 7 gal pots

So i took some cuts and veged them inside on 18/6 schedule for about 6 weeks.

I put them outside june 15 or 16. And within 2 weeks they all began to flower.

They get about 9 hours of direct sunlight daily.
I believe it was just the reduction in hours of light that triggered them to flower once they got outside...

What do you guys do to avoid this?

Taper down hours of light before going outside?

Yes, and/or interrupt the dark cycle if possible.

You should still be at 14 hours of growing light outside plus a half hour or more of weak sunlight in the morning and evening. I have several plants out on the patio and they are shaded by a large maple so they get less than 4 hours of direct sun each day. So far no flowers at all and I do not expect any until approx Aug 10 to 15.

Just wondering if you are getting a pistil growing out at each node as the plants go into a pre-flower stage and not a small group of pistils?

Great day outside.

You should still be at 14 hours of growing light outside plus a half hour or more of weak sunlight in the morning and evening. I have several plants out on the patio and they are shaded by a large maple so they get less than 4 hours of direct sun each day. So far no flowers at all and I do not expect any until approx Aug 10 to 15.

Just wondering if you are getting a pistil growing out at each node as the plants go into a pre-flower stage and not a small group of pistils?

Great day outside.

Full on flower
20190724_174336.jpg

Hmm. The only thing I can say at this point is that I did have one seed out of a batch of 5 do that to me last year. All were female as expected but one started in flower no matter how long the lights were on, just like it was an autoflower. No matter what I tried I could not get it to go back into a veg or growing stage. Ended up putting it into the flowering cabinet and let it do what it wanted.

Back
Top Bottom