Advice needed for watering with fertiliser for 1st time!

kayciweed

This is my Durban Poison, the pointy photo is yesterday when the sun was bright (today is is cloudy).

Tomorrow makes it 3 weeks as a seedling. I am thinking it needs it first dose of fertiliser.

Four questions:

1. Do the leaves in the middle look a little yellow and in need of food?

2. The soil is still moist. I have not watered properly in about 5 days. Will this impact feeding? I imagine i need to be light.

3. What is the right amount of water to use in this size pot?

4. How much fertiliser should i use?

Attachments

• 20191120_092712.jpg
    20191120_092712.jpg
    798.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 20191120_092705.jpg
    20191120_092705.jpg
    842.6 KB · Views: 96
  • 20191119_104101.jpg
    20191119_104101.jpg
    746 KB · Views: 87
1/3 mix of vermiculite, peat moss and soil.

Ph is 6.5

Nutes atm will be Seasol and/or Charlies Carp.

Roughly 4 litres
It helps if you tell the group which one of the Charlie Carp line of products you are using. Some of the Charlie Carp fertilizers are a bit high in nitrogen especially when compared to other fertilizers made from fish. The company also makes a dry pellet fertilizer.

Quickly reading their website it does look like a good fertilizer line coming out of Australia to investigate. Just type Charlie Carp into the search engine line and then click on "Products".

Looks like Charlie Carp is 9-1-5 fertilizer. Their instructions say 10ml per 1 liter. Seems awful hot to me. I'd start them at 1ml per liter. That should work out to about 120ppm Nitrogen. Most cannabis strains seem to do best between 120-150ppm Nitrogen.

Looks like Charlie Carp is 9-1-5 fertilizer. Their instructions say 10ml per 1 liter. Seems awful hot to me. I'd start them at 1ml per liter. That should work out to about 120ppm Nitrogen. Most cannabis strains seem to do best between 120-150ppm Nitrogen.
Thanks for the tip. I will follow that.

Been told i can use Seasol as well, at the same time.

Thanks for the tip. I will follow that.

Been told i can use Seasol as well, at the same time.

It's a kelp extract, shouldn't hurt anything. Doesn't really affect N-P-K. If you want to use it, I say 5ml per 4 liters or 1.25ml per liter.

Btw, here is the bottle?

Same logic now?

Attachments

• 20191121_163515.jpg
    20191121_163515.jpg
    592.2 KB · Views: 119
Btw, here is the bottle?

Same logic now?

Well it looks like my source info was bad. Funny thing is that it was an analysis PDF from their own site. Anyway, if it's 2% Nitrogen fertilizer, to get to the 120ppm Nitrogen mark like I stated above, you'll need 23ml per gallon, so about 6ml per liter. Start there. The kelp product should be fine in the amount I stated last.

Well it looks like my source info was bad. Funny thing is that it was an analysis PDF from their own site. Anyway, if it's 2% Nitrogen fertilizer, to get to the 120ppm Nitrogen mark like I stated above, you'll need 23ml per gallon, so about 6ml per liter. Start there. The kelp product should be fine in the amount I stated last.
Thanks, you're a legend! How do you figure all this out btw? I would like to understand it more. I mean, how do you calculate it all?

Thanks, you're a legend! How do you figure all this out btw? I would like to understand it more. I mean, how do you calculate it all?

I have an Excel/Google Sheets spreadsheet that I built with all kinds of calculators in it. Blended N-P-K, Nitrogen loading, ppm calculator, edibles calculator, feed schedule templates, etc. If you'd like a copy, let me know and I'll send you the links in a PM.

I have an Excel/Google Sheets spreadsheet that I built with all kinds of calculators in it. Blended N-P-K, Nitrogen loading, ppm calculator, edibles calculator, feed schedule templates, etc. If you'd like a copy, let me know and I'll send you the links in a PM.
Please do :)

Probably just pulled up the wrong PDF. The Charlie Company company has several different product lines, dry and wet, and I think that they are all based on the fish they harvest.

Back
Top Bottom