Advice needed on lights and RH

Stanovich420

Hi there...
I'm a newbie,and need a bit of advice...
My room size is 2ft by 2ft and 6ft tall,maybe a bit taller...
Thinking about something small lightning wise,preferable LED...
Since i got tight budget,but want to get it right,need some advise.

Planning to get Platinum p150,with possible later upgrade for another one.
Any had some previous expierence with p series??

Will have a 4" fan ( 120cm/h) with carbon filter.
Air intake fresh outside air,switchable for internal only.
Got high humidity,will be ok for veg,but on flowering might need to use dehumidifier.
Would 2 plants fit in nicely...??
What pots to use?

Had few previous grows involving cfl,and hps.
But that was long time ago.
Would appreciate any suggestions/help/comment

Soon gonna come back with grow journal...

Thanks

Stanovich

First off- I should mention that Platinum Led was recently discontinued as a sponsor on 420. Sounds like they definitely rubbed 420 admins the wrong way. If you read the forum guidelines they're quite strict when it comes to using/mentioning non sponsor LEDs. Lots of bad experiences in the past. So that would be a major consideration if you want to start a journal or anything. Other than that advice I don't know much about Led lighting.

What is your humidity- RH?

I would probably grow one plant, in a large pot - minimum 7 gallons, maybe 10. And use a scrog screen to make an even canopy. Two plants in 5 gallon pots would work ok too- you just have to train them into rectangular shapes. Since your space is small and light will be, presumably, shining straight down from above - a scrog would be the way to go.

Thanks for letting know regarding non sponsor LED
My RH is round 55% at the moment but it can go up to 90% if its raining.
Live in UK so humidity really high.
Can use internal air circulation with dehumidifier. (hope that helps)
Any good led suggestions??
Which make would rock the space?
Will go for 2-5gal pots,so i have backupJust in case)
I pressume hps will be to hot handle+ safety.So want to stick to led.
If have probs with high humidity,will smart pots gonnna icrease that or not.t
Can use plastic or ceramic.

What strain would be better to grow in such a space,mentioning that i will have 2 plants.
Like sativa dominating,but they grow huge...

Any suggestion welcome.

I really can't help with the led question myself but you won't find a shortage of led users in the forum who can. I have super high RH as well and recently installed a dehumidifier. During veg growth high RH is fine. During late flowering it causes mold problems.

I really can't help with the led question myself but you won't find a shortage of led users in the forum who can. I have super high RH as well and recently installed a dehumidifier. During veg growth high RH is fine. During late flowering it causes mold problems.

Thanks,hope there will be advicers regarding LED...
Got few weeks before ordering one.

When there is high RH do you need to have more air movement.
And when dehumidifier in use,shall i use air from inside of house and have main extraction on/off in cycle like 30 min on 30 min off.
If i take air from outside,i won't be able to remove water as quick,cause dehumidifier won't be able to keep up.

I use a cheap unbranded 300w led. I get average results. I have a space that Is 2 x 2 x 3 feet. SmokeSara from mars hydro a :420: sponsor, recommended the marsll 400w. Gives a good deal too if you contact her through this great community.

Need to check that light,thanks.
400w on 4sq/ft ....Is it ok??
I mean quite powerfull...
I Might need to increase my grow area.

Back
Top Bottom